Like a Prayer featured in new “Deadpool & Wolverine” trailer

Wow! So impressed how they used this in the trailer.  I hope the song is used in the movie as well, but I have my doubts. Still, this trailer has been widely and hugely anticipated. Million and millions of people will see this. While it seems like an odd song to use for such a trailer, it somehow just works. I love how they mixed in the sound effects within the song.  I can see this giving the song a huge boost especially on streaming. This is definitely just another part of the Warner deal introduce in 2021. Let's hope Madonna and her team, take advantage of this exposure in the coming days.  :party:

37 minutes ago, Donna said:

Wow! So impressed how they used this in the trailer.  I hope the song is used in the movie as well, but I have my doubts. Still, this trailer has been widely and hugely anticipated. Million and millions of people will see this. While it seems like an odd song to use for such a trailer, it somehow just works. I love how they mixed in the sound effects within the song.  I can see this giving the song a huge boost especially on streaming. This is definitely just another part of the Warner deal introduce in 2021. Let's hope Madonna and her team, take advantage of this exposure in the coming days.  :party:

Deadpool as Vogue judge? I think he’d teach her “sex x 3” dancers a few new moves.

1 hour ago, Donna said:

While it seems like an odd song to use for such a trailer, it somehow just works. 

It works in the trailer because the song is a message from Marvel to its fans (finally, the X-Men are coming 'home' after so much 'prayers' from the fans). Deadpool and She-Hulk are two Marvel characters who always break the fourth wall.

I'm not a typical fan of Marvel films (except for the X-men series, Elektra, The Punisher and Captain America) and haven't seen the previous Deadpool films, but this one seens pretty cool and I plan to watch it as I luv Wolverine and he looks dope on that classic yellow jumpsuit

Also, consider that the song was released 35 years ago. It holds the same iconic impact on pop culture as the use of "Running Up the Hill" in "Stranger Things." Older generations vibe with it, while younger generations recognize or discover it, helping to keep it alive.

The song fits well in the movie trailer because Deadpool plays with irreverence and the breaking of social norms, much like a big meme. It heavily relies on pop culture references, similar to past uses like the Flashdance's chair scene. The idea of it being a gospel romance song, combined with the lyrics, works with the on-screen reunion of Wolverine and Deadpool—renowned enemies who became besties in the comics. It's smart and funny and aligns with the character lore's sense of humor and storytelling.

12 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Also, consider that the song was released 35 years ago. It holds the same iconic impact on pop culture as the use of "Running Up the Hill" in "Stranger Things." Older generations vibe with it, while younger generations recognize or discover it, helping to keep it alive.

The song fits well in the movie trailer because Deadpool plays with irreverence and the breaking of social norms, much like a big meme. It heavily relies on pop culture references, similar to past uses like the Flashdance's chair scene. The idea of it being a gospel romance song, combined with the lyrics, works with the on-screen reunion of Wolverine and Deadpool—renowned enemies who became besties in the comics. It's smart and funny and aligns with the character lore's sense of humor and storytelling.

It seems like it’s hard to understand unless you’re familiar with the series. I’m not so it seemed random to me. Although I am all for Madonna in anything :laughing: