Which "Studio" Album of Madonna's would you recommend FIRST to a potential new Fan??

1 hour ago, pawn_shop_blues said:

My friend is a swiftie and I suggested her Ray of light and Confessions. She loved both albums. She also liked Rebel Heart. It totally depends on their music interest and age etc. 

Sounds like the young lady is growing up and her taste is finally maturing 

I wouldn't start with a studio album. I would just recommend the 2 cd version of Celebration or the DVD (or the Confessions tour DVD) and then let that person decide which tracks/eras to start discovering.

The easy answer would be telling Confessions, Ray Of Light, True Blue or Music but all her albums are so different from each other that starting from a compilation would give that person a bigger perspective to choose where to start from (that's why I also mentioned the music DVD and the Confessions Tour, Madonna's visuals are increible).

56 minutes ago, aitorelao said:

I wouldn't start with a studio album. I would just recommend the 2 cd version of Celebration or the DVD (or the Confessions tour DVD) and then let that person decide which tracks/eras to start discovering.

The easy answer would be telling Confessions, Ray Of Light, True Blue or Music but all her albums are so different from each other that starting from a compilation would give that person a bigger perspective to choose where to start from (that's why I also mentioned the music DVD and the Confessions Tour, Madonna's visuals are increible).

Like you, I'd probably suggest the Celebration album due to it has nearly all her biggest impacting hits.  In a lot of cases, people who aren't familiar with Madonna's catalog, they most likely have heard a few songs from her in their life time, but didn't really pay much mind to realize who was singing.  I knew a couple back in the 80's that made Crazy For You "their song", when dating, but they never paid much mind who was actually singing. It wasn't until I told them that it was Madonna, they knew it was her. This was in 1987 when most everyone knew who she was and knew her music to some degree. Chances are most people who aren't familiar with Madonna, may have heard songs like Holiday, Like A Prayer and/or Vogue a few times, not realizing who was singing the song.

The first album, especially since it was made when she wasn’t famous; Her image and music hadn’t been widely exposed to public opinion. I’d probably swap out the album version of “borderline” with the single remix then watch the potential fan’s eyes glaze over as I explain why Madonna insisted on remixing the single with jellybean after Reggie Lucas peaced out on additional production since he’d fulfilled his contractual album obligations.

8 hours ago, aitorelao said:

I think you are right. Or start with a YouTube playlist of her music videos in chronological order. Madonna is a visual experience.