WHICH CELEBRATION TOUR SHOW would you like to have official DVD/BLU RAY ?

WHICH CELEBRATION TOUR SHOW would you like to have official DVD/BLU RAY ?  

73 members voted

1. 1. WHICH CELEBRATION TOUR SHOW would you like to have official DVD/BLU RAY ?

• STANDARD SET LIST
    • RIO

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

I also couldn't with the shady camera man cutting to two hairy gay men in bondage harnesses violently making out to In This Life lol 

OMG I was crying on In This Life / Live to Tell. Can't imagine making out during these two. :cry:

Yeah joke 

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

I also couldn't with the shady camera man cutting to two hairy gay men in bondage harnesses violently making out to In This Life lol 

IKR!!!!

Some direction choices were questionable to say the least. No wide shot when the bass kicks in for NRM when the whole lighting rig with the moving heads pan down to set set the mood, no mid shot when she swings the cape over her arm for the first chorus, the gay couple who were wearing gear and making out after In this Life was weird AS SHIT. No audinece close-ups during/after the break in LTT (we need more gays tearing up!!!) Bedtime Story in and of itself. The fact that her dancers and her were swinging their heads around for I want your love wasn't filmed using the remote controlled camera that they used IN EVERY OTHER SHOW before…

16 minutes ago, FraP said:

I guess we're gonna have a concert film which will be Rio + Berlin + London + Milan + Mexico + San Francisco + Lisbon... Every show in a single concert film. Isn't it awesome? 

200.gif

I, for one, know I am a greedy wh0re but we should be grateful and happy about what we got. A live broadcast of this magnitude is unprecedented. We literally have a soundboard from the day of!

I could see a potential threat to continuity with the official release but I am certain they are not going the same route as the RHT 'featuring a shot from a concert you went to'.

The editing of the Madame X Tour was an improvement in every aspect, considering the abomination that is the Rebel Heart film.

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Of course that's why and it became less about her performing and more about LOOK IT'S RIO LOOK IT'S A BEACH! LOOK ITS ALOT OF PEOPLE! I also couldn't with the shady camera man cutting to two hairy gay men in bondage harnesses violently making out to In This Life lol 

I laughed so hard. Especially after all the banter about orgies on the beach on this forum. Certainly the wrong moment to cut to that.

1 hour ago, MCL_1993 said:

The editing of the Madame X Tour was an improvement in every aspect, considering the abomination that is the Rebel Heart film.

I agree, when I watch bootlegs of Rebel Heart now I start to remember what the concert was actually like. Madame X was way closer to the experience.

I think the Rio broadcast was much closer to the actual experience too.

The biggest abomination is MDNA. Just awful.

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree, when I watch bootlegs of Rebel Heart now I start to remember what the concert was actually like. Madame X was way closer to the experience.

I think the Rio broadcast was much closer to the actual experience too.

The biggest abomination is MDNA. Just awful.

May I remind you that - as with many decisions we are not satisfied with - M always has the last say!

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I laughed so hard. Especially after all the banter about orgies on the beach on this forum. Certainly the wrong moment to cut to that.

I didn't see anything wrong. I saw that as an act of love or passion, on a special moment for them, and that was when Madonna was performing Live to tell, about AIDS for thousands of people like in the old times. She wasn't ashamed of showing her pussy or having an orgy on her SEX book during the worst times of the pandemic. Love is love, and we don't know the story of those guys. I thought it was a beautiful shot, maybe too long, but still beautiful.
Sometimes I don't understand Madonna fans... 

2 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I didn't see anything wrong. I saw that as an act of love or passion, on a special moment for them, and that was when Madonna was performing Live to tell, about AIDS for thousands of people like in the old times. She wasn't ashamed of showing her pussy or having an orgy on her SEX book during the worst times of the pandemic. Love is love, and we don't know the story of those guys. I thought it was a beautiful shot, maybe too long, but still beautiful.
Sometimes I don't understand Madonna fans... 

Because it felt crass and vapid. Such a poignant moment yet they cut to something they thought would be titillating. Context is everything. Imagine if they cut to a couple clearly arguing during Crazy for You...that would clearly be a puzzling choice. 

9 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Anyway, speaking of Rio, if Warner officially releases it, it will be with a completely different edition than the show we saw live. Remember that there were several cameras recording. And the sound will probably also be a different mix.

This. Didn’t realize how many people weren’t aware that all the old HBO broadcasts looked vastly different from the cuts that were commercially released.

16 hours ago, lennyleonard said:

Don't really know anything about rock, but I know that when the Rolling Stones performed at the same beach, they released a box set with 4 discs: one with a "regular" video, one with the Rio one, another with bonus songs and cuts from other cities, and one with a documentary.

I know this would be a lot, considering how her releases usually go, but this would be such a hit if they decided to go with this type of release.

If there's one release of hers with a good potential for sales in many years, it's this tour!

She could even slap a disc with the Madame X film as an extra, not only making it available on physical media, but in a way that would get it a better visiblity than as a stand-alone release (so much so that it never happened).

This idea would be so perfect! It would totally fit into the “Celebration” theme too! I pray it happens. I hope it’s all available to stream and to a multiple of streaming sites. 

Im happy with the rio show if they want to go with it - it was her biggest ever audience - it needs a bit of editing(not too much though) and a better sound mix imo - what i would also like and i know its very wishful thinking is the studio files stuart has created for this tour as i think some of them are amazing - i dont see the point of a " live " cd anymore as this show is all backing tracks after all

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Because it felt crass and vapid. Such a poignant moment yet they cut to something they thought would be titillating. Context is everything. 

Exactly. She was singing a heartbreaking song about Martin dying of AIDS and we get a shot of two shirtless gay men in harnesses getting it on. It was extremely ill timed. I very much doubt Jonas gave that direction to cut to that shot.

Whatever official release might come down the road, we know it will intercut 10 different shows/cities with various hairstyles, alternating outfits and a studio audio overdub. In other words, all these aforementioned cities have a good shot to be included. 
The only question is, will it drop in 2025, 26 or 27?