Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, littlestartman said:

They look nothing alike.

Sean had a much mature and less pretty face gu5s8hruq8461.jpg

Tom is a twink at 30 while sean was a 25 yo that looked 35

They look similar enough...unless u think we should science to get some hair off seans hairbrush and clone him to get someone that looks exactly like him

🤣🤣🤣 

Hire a brilliant director and an unknown girl for the lead role. Cast the whole country to find a girl who has the magnetic beauty of Madonna. That's an important part of her personna. She's one of the most attractive girl of the show business, she has a unique beauty, italian face features with glamour and audacity in the face. They should find that unique girl somewhere... A raw talent. Even if it's in a farm of the south of the United States or in a small village of Italy... Just like when Jean-Jacques Beineix chose the young and unknow Beatrice Dalle for the movie 37°2 le matin ("Betty blue" in the US). He first saw her as she was homeless and begging for money on the streets of Paris.  The Madonna biopic needs that kind of raw and unique talent.

I love you Madonna but I think it's a waste of money, no one will care; this new generation hate Madonna, a lot of people doesn't understand her music, her life and what she did that chenged the history. For me it'll be yet another flop ... sorry guys but it's what I think about this project.

The Celebration Tour it's great ant I think it's better than this  movie to celebrate her career

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I am sure we as fans will enjoy the movie no matter what. It’ll be fascinating.

But this kind of project needs to have wide appeal. I am glad at least she has a great actress attached to it. That is the one promising thing here.

And the big mainstream lesbian producer from universal that made A Legue of Their Own.

What will be Interesting is her choices in terms of her back catalogue. After seeing the tour will she dodge some of the bigger hits for more songs that tell her story? It could make the soundtrack really interesting and shine a light on songs that often don’t make a greatest hits or tour. 

She’ll finally be able to shoehorn Physical Attraction in an 80’s live or love scene. 

3 hours ago, BlondAmbition said:

I love you Madonna but I think it's a waste of money, no one will care; this new generation hate Madonna, a lot of people doesn't understand her music, her life and what she did that chenged the history. For me it'll be yet another flop ... sorry guys but it's what I think about this project.

That's not even true. And if it were, how was she able to sell out a massive tour at 65 on just name value alone? As someone who was there, I can tell you for a fact it was not just boomers, or even Gen X...

And if the masses supposedly don't understand her life and work, then all the more reason to actually tell that story. At this stage in a career as a legacy artist, let alone the biggest female of all time, what better time to do it than now. That's the whole point.

10 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

That's not even true. And if it were, how was she able to sell out a massive tour at 65 on just name value alone? As someone who was there, I can tell you for a fact it was not just boomers...

And if the masses supposedly don't understand her life and work, then all the more reason to actually tell that story. At this stage in a career as a legacy artist, let alone the biggest female of all time, what better time to do it than now. That's the whole point.

yes, of course, but if you don't care about something, why should you go and see it at the cinema? many people won't do it because they are full of prejudices against her

28 minutes ago, steady75 said:

What will be Interesting is her choices in terms of her back catalogue. After seeing the tour will she dodge some of the bigger hits for more songs that tell her story? It could make the soundtrack really interesting and shine a light on songs that often don’t make a greatest hits or tour. 

She’ll finally be able to shoehorn Physical Attraction in an 80’s live or love scene. 

Indeed. A revival of some deep cuts would be most satisfying. Which Madonna song deserves to be the next Tiny Dancer or Moonage Daydream?

17 minutes ago, BlondAmbition said:

yes, of course, but if you don't care about something, why should you go and see it at the cinema? many people won't do it because they are full of prejudices against her

I think most of the prejudices against her relate to recent Madonna. When it comes to Madonna’s golden years a lot of people will come out of the woodwork to relive their youth. You only have to look at the success of the Celebration Tour to see that. Add to that a great film with hype and marketing dollars thrown in and I think it could do very well. Even a lot of haters we see online are former fans and love Madonna’s music.

16 minutes ago, BlondAmbition said:

Even her so-called fans are full of prejudice towards her judging by this thread. As we all know, she doesn't care. She will do what she want to do as she always has. People will bitch and moan no matter what she does, so she's dead right.

16 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Everyone saying they don't want this will be seated in the theatre / cinema when this is finally released. No one likes a whiner

I dun against it but when it comes to movies, let the experts do it rather M herself.

She can be involved in movie score/soundtrack, be the movie producer whereas for the rest (Screenplay, directing, casting, cinematography, edit etc, let the expert do their job.)

Even Elton dun write his own screenplay.

10 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Who's Katy Perry?i

An absolute pop icon. Here's very few examples of her massive hits catalog:

Allegedly, Katy and Madge worked together for Katy's new album, which is dropping this summer (rumored to be a house-pop and synthpop infused album so we might get a classic Madge track from it!!!)

22 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

My crazy dreams is Music inspired by “Madonna the biopic” 

We know she does things differently and while the main attraction of the movie is the hits she could be cooking something different. Like the Dick Tracy soundtrack album. 

That could explain so many recording session rumors 

If she really does not have music ready ore close to finishing.... it would in Maddons time relations in the last years be more like.... Starting filming in 14 months... filming for 6... editing, soundrack 5....distribution etc 3...promo 2....rest 5.... recording new album 12 at least... so.... 2028😅

3 hours ago, BlondAmbition said:

So what? There have been prejudices against her from the very beginning, through every single high and low of her entire career. It has never stopped her from doing what she wants...hence why she is Madonna. It's one of the things that makes her so great, and separates her from nearly all her peers. If she followed your logic, why would she (or anyone) have bothered to try anything in the first place...to wait around until others approve?! Her entire life/personality/body of work/etc. is a living testament against that kind of thinking.

If there was enough interest to sell out a world tour, let alone make history with Rio...there will be interest in a film (when the time comes).

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic