Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

Compilation of YT videos + Backdrop videos by Madonna RandD

Have to download this before it suffers from the same fate of Erick in the Zone's own video.

By the way, thanks @@groovyguy for bringing this to us and of course to my Russian angel send by Heaven for making such a Hercules' task - but I couldn't expect less from him  :heart:  :angel: After all, it's very @@SGK -esque of his.  :cute:  :hearteyes: We need him on M's team, it urges!

Guest ArthurBadin

yup I want the bonus LAP from the VHS in HD  :cry: too bad that wasn't on the bluray

Yes, @@Fighter my dear. This and HP too. But after those two weren't included on DVD when it was released back in the late 90's, I knew somehow they would be forgotten when the BD release. After all, from several TOD reissues on VHS, just in one of them - just one! - they appeared. Such a shame.

Australian TV listings have been updated for next week and Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour concert film is no longer scheduled for Monday night. We have no further information at this time as to if it will be broadcast at another time. Please check your local guides and we will provide an update as soon as we have any information around the broadcast - Nicole + Matt

Guest ArthurBadin

Australian TV listings have been updated for next week and Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour concert film is no longer scheduled for Monday night. We have no further information at this time as to if it will be broadcast at another time. Please check your local guides and we will provide an update as soon as we have any information around the broadcast - Nicole + Matt

Oh God... is this another case of break of deal due to difficulties on paying the royalties just like happened to that Dutch channel (EDIT: NPO3, I think that's its name) and could seem to apply to Japan's Wowow Prime? After all, we still don't know why the concert film wasn't broadcast in Japan...

Maybe it's possible also M or M's team didn't accept the way the concert film would be shown (probably with a lot of edits and ads).

Not sure what u mean by handheld but werent CT and S&S done in the same way? Idk. They obviously shot much more than the few songs on IGTTYAS since theres bits of other footage in the documentary... Who knows if the full show tho but hopefully yes. Same with BAT Paris/TOD

Sorry just saw this. By handheld, I mean cameras that are manually operated directly by someone moving it themselves (not from a computer or remote) such as someone physically on stage (not so common with her as is with other artists) with a camera, or in the pits controlling them by hand, sometimes on a track. Jonas Arkerlund just did a concert film for the band Rammstein, and he utilized a lot of hand held and direct control cameras. He did this with The Rolling Stones. He did this for others. I think it's safe to assume he did this with M at least once or twice. My theory is that filming on the RIT by handhelds was almost strictly for the black and white documentary footage. Notice how in all of the show snippets we get in IGTTYAS as well as on the Lisbon bootleg, there are very few what I call "intimate shots" meaning shots that look very close with the performer in direct vicinity to the camera. Rather we got a lot of wide shots, side shots, and crane shots. This was used a bit less with Lisbon, but there are still very few "intimate shot" moments. Had she intended Paris to act as concrete footage (even Lisbon for that matter), Jonas would have filmed it differently. I think the story lies in the camera. Paris, from the look of the footage, doesn't seem to have been filmed with intent to make public appearance in full. Lisbon was what they planned. However, it was shot like the Paris IGTTYAS footage, meaning it was far too cinematic and wide and too open, not intimate enough, and too...panoramic for a concert DVD release.  

Akerlund usually does a lot of angels that he plans way in advance to perfection. A lot of the extra footage scattered throughout IGTTYAS and its extras seem to just be some raw takes from wide angles.. we dont know for sure what they actually shot  :thinker: you could be right but hopefully they shot close ups for all the songs

Guest ArthurBadin

As someone mentioned has this even been shown anywhere outside of North America yet?

What do I have to do to get a trip to your heart? #ImCurious

Guest ArthurBadin

Update on Australian TV listing:

Updated listing time. Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour concert film will now air at 9pm on Monday 8 May 2017 on Channel 9 free to air TV #RebelHeartTour #MadonnaAustralia - Nicole & Matt

Perfect! Now my and @@SimonVenekeo's questions have been answered.

It's being aired in Spain:

Brienne de Tarth se enfrenta a su rival más duro desde que venció a Jaime Lannister: @Madonna 1f606.png ¡El día 30 llega #MadonnaRebelHeartTour!

Translation: Brienne of Tarth faces her toughest rival since she defeated Jaime Lannister: @Madonna 1f606.png #MadonnaRebelHeartTour is coming May 30th!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic