Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Guest ArthurBadin

i don't know what it says here but well english is the main language of this forum, and let's keep it please to the main topic: this release

Oh dear, you're right, I should DM valonqar instead. See you!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Does this mean the DVD is released after the show's been broadcasted around the world???

Alfred Haber Distribution has snagged rights to a special about the Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour.

The iconic singer’s latest global finished last year and US cable net Showtime had a two-hour special on the event. Alfred Haber will now bring this show to international markets.

The special has concert and behind the scenes footage, culminating in Madonna’s performances at the Sydney Olympic Park last March.

“Madonna has remained the reigning Queen of Pop by being relevant, controversial, and an influential voice in pop music,†Haber said.

“We are extremely proud to be offering this special to broadcasters around the world.â€

As far I understand, this company has now the rights for the Showtime edition.

But as she told there is a long version, that it will be release with no doubt. Its like a movie, if you wanna broadcast now the RHT you have to pay to this guy, but if you want you can buy it on Amazon.

Guest ArthurBadin

So why would in hell Eagle Rock (which distributes around the world most live video releases of artists from UMG catalogue, like Katy Perry's Prismatic World Tour, being the UMG version of Reprise Home Video/Warner Home Video) block all full concert movie videos on YouTube? Wasn't Eagle Rock's asking to YouTube/Google Inc. a warrant to save the content for being distributed lately in a DVD/BD release? I still do believe it is, as much as Alfred Haber (which seems to have a contract at least in Latin America to broadcast their copyrighted content on Turner's pay networks such as TNT and TruTV, to name a few ones; in the past - don't know if they still have that paralell contract - they were partners with Sony Entertainment Television) is an international broadcast content company for television.

Resuming what I've said:

Eagle Rock (what asked YouTube to remove all full concert movies on YT) will distribute the DVD/BD around the world;

Alfred Haber will negociate with their network partners the broadcast of the Showtime content around the world.

Both have the rights of RHT concert movie, but for different applications.

So the DVD/BD will be released, for sure, if not why would Eagle Rock save the content of RHT DVD on free online video platforms such as YT?

The question is when, and whether these two separate contracts will have an influence on each other.

As I have just told, I still do believe in a home, physical release. All we M stans gotta have to do is the same we've been doing since the last year: wait, wait and wait. See you!

Guest ArthurBadin

Lmao. Well ironically I just read they completely cancelled the airing in Australia.

I truly believe that was due to one of two reasons (maybe the 2 together):

1) Channel 9 was fearing any boycott or any another form of retaliation from public audience (like the most conservative people, as the members of Aust Christian Lobby, which promoves a radical conservative point of view to be applied on mass media and another places), due to most shocking/controversial themes featured on concert film, i.e., the HW/DP performances, which would be considered infamous to be seen even on night schedules. As an open channel, the network sure has felt some problems with ad partners and audience - the same reason behind NBC's censored version of LTT performance on CT and maybe one of the several, untold reasons for the absence of RIT broadcast on TV);

2) Due to being an open channel and needing ad publicity, Channel 9 for sure would have done major cuts into the concert film, what would be unapproved by M's team - since that's not their politics - and that have created a break of the contract.

Anyway the Aussie TV tried as much as they could, delaying the broadcast several times, until they felt the impossibility of broadcasting it at all. Maybe with the new contract with Alfred Haber, they guarantee a broadcast on a cable channel (just like Showtime, Spain's Movistar+ and Canada's TMN) what gives a more possibility of airing it ad-free and boycott by conservative audiences free.

See you!

Gotta have it! She promised multiple times that she would release it. The momentum is about to die, so she'd better hurry. On the other hand, the quality of "MDNA World Tour" was mediocre, so it is very probable that she does not want to experience the same backlash again.

Guest ArthurBadin

Gotta have it! She promised multiple times that she would release it. The momentum is about to die, so she'd better hurry. On the other hand, the quality of "MDNA World Tour" was mediocre, so it is very probable that she does not want to experience the same backlash again.

The problem, my dear @@Turuncan, is that the momentum was already dead when Showtime aired it for the last holidays' season of last year.

Given the very low ratings of concert film only on USA (around 70,000 susbcribers watched the premiere of it on TV), it was crystal clear GP (I'm not referring to us M stans anytime) was not interested on that. After the amount of archives for downloading that floated just after the finish of broadcast (even the 1080p one), shared on several M forums, they concluded initially everyone who would be interested in watching had already done it. That could be a major reason to channels such as Dutch NPO3 and Japanese Wowow Prime have cancelled the broadcast after considering to show it (this and the amount of money on royalties to be paid for to broadcast it). So everyone (M's team and Showtime) have silenced since then (there was the Women's March imbroglio/scandal too). Even the several full concert videos on YouTube were allowed for a long time. But since we M stans are begging M and M's team for a video release and another broadcasts around the world, the expectations to keep gaining on it have been increased so the new deals with Eagle Rock and Alfred Huber. I guess what's happening is not out of order, everything's predictable for a live concert with the flaws it has been suffering since the very early edition stages. So I won't be mad, or sad, or disappointed. We should learn from entertainment corporations how to deal with such a problematic product like Rebel Heart Tour DVD. After all, we depend on UMG/Eagle Rock to release it, given they have the rights to distribute it around the world. I keep sustaining there are 2 separate deals for different goals and they are independent from each other. So far I haven't been surprised with everything that has happened so far and I won't be deluded with any other news from it. So we still have to do is wait, wait and wait till a PR comes. If you don't believe in me, ok, that's your own right to have your own theory. But I won't join the choir of unhappy, stressed, even unbeliever stans who think the DVD will never arrive to our hands. If we give time to time, as we say here in Brazil, suddenly the DVD/BD comes when least expected.

As I told before, why the reason to Eagle Rock block all full RHT Showtime videos on YouTube? Just for the sake of guaranteeing nobody else will see it again unless they finally will watch it on their local channel or stream service or OTT/OD service? For God's sake, I know we have reasons to complain for a lot of things being M stans nowadays, but this one... I won't follow this pattern. See you.

Guest ArthurBadin

thats just around the corner so I guess that isnt happening now.

Dear @@Bat-Fan don't you think it's very early to announce a PR for a mid-August release? I hope to not be wrong, but as M herself told on IG she is really considering this release for her birthday, which is very smart from her given the memorabilia mass media usually do each year she's a number older. The average people will be forced to remember her and so they will feel the need for buying the last release of it, even with the last bad info they had gotten from her early this year. Of course that was very clever from her part.

EDIT: We need to remember UMG/Interscope/Eagle Rock/even M's team are focusing with that release especially on general public, cause they already know we all M fans have already the possession of live concert (of course they count also on the very loyal stans who will afford the DVD/BD even having it on their DVD-Rs/pendrives/external HDs/etc., even with there's nothing new from what we've already seen on Showtime - I'm not saying that will happen; just for the sake of not expecting anything else different). See you my beloved!

Guest ArthurBadin

I mean... at least we have an HD broadcast lol. I don't even think I own a DVD player anymore... shit... 

As if we would only have a DVD release, my dear achui* @@Andymad #ItsBDtimes

*Do you know what it means? if not I'll tell you later. See you!

"the show includes everything Madonna's fans have come to expect"

EVERYTHING??? THEY HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

FULL DVD? REQUEST SONGS? LDLHA? FULL TEARS OF A CLOWN? BACKSTAGE? WORKSHOP? DOCUMENTARY?

:Madonna037:

The set list for MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR spans all decades of the iconic superstar's illustrious career, including songs from Rebel Heart (the No. 1 dance hits "Living for Love" and "Bitch I'm Madonna") to classic fan favorites like "Material Girl," "Holiday," and a "Dress You Up" medley that includes "Get Into The Groove," "Everybody" and "Lucky Star." Memorable highlights from the tour include her first-ever live concert performance of "Take a Bow" as well as acoustic versions of "Like A Prayer," "Secret" and "Don't Tell Me"

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic