Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a great vocals doesnt make any difference since she changes them always. It is either real vocals or good vocals.

imagine if Take A Bow was included with the album instrumental AND fake vocals.   :suffer: do yall like suffering or only care about the visual of her singing it regardless if its good  :thinker:  :thinker:

According to the BBFC website (apologies if this has been posted already):

Details

Title MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR Year 2017 Distributor(s) Eagle Rock Entertainment Classified date(s) 24/05/2017 Main language English Submitted run time 138m 16s BBFC reference AVV352048 Remarks 16:9

Components List

This work is made up of a number of separate components. Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles

01:58:44:20 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR

00:14:53:28 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR - AN EXERPT FROM TEARS OF A CLOWN

00:04:37:06 MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR - LIKE A PRAYER

Rating information

The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings.

Source: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-video

Is the runtime for this longer than the showtime TV special?

I don't trust her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't understand why everybody wants Take a Bow to be included in this DVD.. First of all it was a bad karaoke rendition and also I don't think it fits with all the concept of that section.

Maybe we'll get a part of the song in the TOAC footage. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She did perform Take a Bow in full when she first performed it overseas. She did the entire track.

It was later performances she performed a shortened version.

It was always the same version twelve times.

The song was on 3 of her compilations whereas This Used To Be My Playground didn't even make the Celebration DVD, I'd say that's the song she actually hates, not TAB.

She only sang Ghosttown 16 times on tour, does it mean she likes it less?

I don't understand why many fans wants Like a Prayer for a Bonus on The DVD, is the same MDNA Tour version! but more shorter, Like a Prayer is on S&S DVD, MDNA DVD and now RH DVD?, So BORRED!!!! I prefer Don't Tell Me or Secret, Like a Prayer Esta hasta en la Sopa!!! #NoMoreLikeAPrayerOnAWorldTourPlease :cry:

I don't understand why many fans wants Like a Prayer for a Bonus on The DVD, is the same MDNA Tour version! but more shorter, Like a Prayer is on S&S DVD, MDNA DVD and now RH DVD?, So BORRED!!!! I prefer Don't Tell Me or Secret, Like a Prayer Esta hasta en la Sopa!!! #NoMoreLikeAPrayerOnAWorldTourPlease :cry:

i mean does anyone actually WANT IT or are they ok with having it as an extra? It must be the one that Guy Oseary uploaded on Youtube anyway, might as well include it.

It was always the same version twelve times.

The song was on 3 of her compilations whereas This Used To Be My Playground didn't even make the Celebration DVD, I'd say that's the song she actually hates, not TAB.

She only sang Ghosttown 16 times on tour, does it mean she likes it less?

No, it wasn't.

The first time she performed TAB was the full version then following performances were shorter and cut bits.

And how does it not fit? A matador outfit in a Spanish section, echoing the video's imagery performing a song during her "request/surprise song' section.  :Madonna008:

To be honest, if I had a choice of ONE song added as an extra, then yeah, I rather go with GHOSTTOWN or any other extra song she performed that we haven't heard and/or seen performed ever or a long long time.  That said, if it's a bad vocal like "Take a Bow" where she's singing an abridged version over a karaoke Track, then no, I'll pass.  I prefer "Like A Prayer" because that's definitely one of her classics and universal songs.  As said before, this song definitely resonated with people the most when she performed it.  In the end, it's her vision.  I just want the Tour on DVD and the Showtime broadcast is wonderful, so I am not going to squeal about something I can't control.  Whatever the case, it will definitely be another awesome tour DVD to put in my collection. 

giphy.gif

I still believe it's a minimalist release with some of the oddest exclusion and edits/executions made. We get it you're buying, it's your vision but we don't all praise her transfer the file onto disc and expecting a $20+ price tag when it's been available for months online for free.

WRONG!  It's not MY vision.  It's Madonna's!!  And yes, we get it, you don't like what she's releasing.  You don't like the "edits" and "executions".  Yes we get it.  Fair is fair.  Expect some push back when you and others come in here nearly on a daily bases to repetitively share your disappointment of the project.  This has nothing to do with me or others not accepting difference of opinions or thinking everything Madonna does is the "Bees Knees".  I've shared some of my disappointments as well, but I certainly don't use it to try to assume Madonna is being "lazy" or what not just because she doesn't include a certain part of the show in it that I liked.  And I'm fine that you don't like it. That's your opinion and choice, but stop with the nonsensical gifs that undermine and disrespect those who simply appreciate that a release is happening and doesn't melt down because it's not picture perfect to your demands and expectations. . Some are acting like this is the worst thing ever.  PLEASE!!!  It's just a DVD of someone's concert!!  Mind you, an entertainer who has stuck around for nearly 35 years.  Lazy my ass!!  This woman doesn't have to do shit for you or anyone.  So yes, I'm grateful that we're getting at least some release of this concert.  Showtime Broadcast was pretty great, so I'll take what I can get.  Sorry that I don't share your sediments of finding fault in everything she does anymore.  This will be my last response to you, because it's apparent you're here to troll this thread at this point! :bananawave:

No, it wasn't.

The first time she performed TAB was the full version then following performances were shorter and cut bits.

Wow, you're right, my apologies, I missed it in the first place!

I guess the bridge was too vocally demanding for her to sing it at subsequent shows. Probably the same reason why Ghosttown was not a regular fixture either.

Or maybe she knows exactly what she wants, yet has fans who are never happy with anything she does. :thinker::smile:

I'm not so much as angry has her as I am the people that are actually managing this release. To me, it's obvious that she is no longer involved with it, or if she is in a very limited capacity. This doesn't feel like something M has completely thought up.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic