Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I have to say I knew basically nothing about M before getting IGTTYAS. I mean, I knew she was great, and important and relevant musically, but I thought it had all stopped in the 90s. that documentary showed me she never stopped, and no one will ever stop her. 

my parents had The Immaculate Collection on CD, and made me watch the DVD when I was a kid. I like a few songs, but that live album made me understand what she was able to do. I have admired her since. when I saw The Confessions Tour, and the work on her old songs (which sounded shiny and new), i understood everything.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really appreciate from IGTTYAS is the style the live performances were filmed and put together. I wish we could have the entire thing but after 25 years we haven't even watched the Blond Ambition Tour from Paris (same city btw) so I doubt it's gonna happen. Also, the live CD is the only one worth buying because the rest are complete shyte. 

Madonna, if you're not gonna release a CD with real live vocals and obviously good songs selection and edition then DON'T BOTHER  :kiss:

It ruins the greatnes of the tour. So boring all the kabbalah parts israel, pubs and guy fucking ritchie... would prefer a full concert a million times. Truth or dare was lightyears away from this snoozefest. Do you understand my secret? No thank you 😂 Well as bonus to the tour yeah cool but instead no really no as from BA beeing aired 3 diff shows and 2 released on LD. And here no single show. Thanks M but I would have prefered cutting tv ads out of your show then not seeing it at all but instead iggy pop, fishing...The leaked footed does not show how fucking great RIT was i loved it so much and the film would be better if they would have at least let the israel part away...or focus on the tour...

So boring all the kabbalah parts israel

i understand if people need fluffy fun stuff but if you can't take madonna with her fluffy AND her deeper side, i feel sorry for you.

the fast-food mentality of everything needing to be mindless fun is only one side to her art. she is one of the few who actually has something to say, knows the power art has to change the world for the better and uses it the best way she can.

she ain't no britney or kylie for that matter. they're fluff fun. non-political.

madonna is political. and i love her for that.

and if you read something about israel's history, you will start to understand more and more about the world's political troubles since the end of World War 2. it's actually pretty educational of her to include that. she is not just a beautiful stage doll. she is way deeper than that. and everybody can learn something watching. be it artistically, politically, hell ...on a human humanistic level (look it up, if needed).

I am not saying any of the film is fluff what I am saying is pretty much every event in that last movie, was as exciting as our monotonous routines at home. Not saying make up scenes like the forced scene about being a god mother in TOD (and some of the other parts was totally playing it up). However it isn't the events it was the period in time, she was so fucking huge and it was a blast everywhere. Watching her doing literally nothing and make it B&W and watchable, not to me because everything in that was basically watching paint dry. So unless there is a little bit of joyous stuff that happened during RHT and yes some wacky - also kabbalah watching is not fun but her going to her mom's grave was beautiful and if you know this is the movie you are making now, keep it!

^^^it's funny how the expectation seems to be that everything a star does has to be great, flashy, entertaining to the core, always adrenaline-filled, keeping everyone on their toes each and any minute for distraction from their own lives.

it's like expecting a circus animal to be entertaining all the time. as if the audience owned the artist and artist has to give everyone a figurative b/j to meet their expectations, rather than allowing the artist to express themselves - even if it's boring to some.

to me it isn't boring at all. documentaries give you a different kind of perspective, and maybe even some insight to who somebody is at the moment they were filmed. no matter if they were the hottest shit at the time or not.

i may stand alone in this but i am actually always interested in which headspace she is in in her private life, behind the scenes because i think she is a fascinating person. if i want a circus horse, i watch other artists.

i am looking forward to the BD/DVD, no matter what kind of film it is.

I love IGTTAS, I think it showed me a secret Madonna's part that actually enjoyed, I was 15 years old when it was released and the first thing that I thought was: "OMG she is so mature and inteligent". I definitlly would like to see again how much Madonna has changed trough the years.

sorry but her political blabla is often time so unreal and... I'm her fans since almost 30 years so what does anyone know what I like, I love her deep lyrics, STR... and not that grillz thumb sucking shit and she was such a different Person at RIT time cause of Guy Ritchie and Kabbalah, and so many time her political speeches are far away from reality and for me seem like overacting

This is a Forum to discuss and I find it strange if someone says anything about M in anyway gets answers like: oh shes not britney or a dull doll... thats why I never post anything on mtribe *rolleyes*

No one here (I hope for all of you) does like everything she did in the past decades, I love her but that does not mean I have to like if she makes that silly twitter Pictures where she looks like an old naked housewife with that fucking stupid grillz.

Well I'm ready for deeper lyrics and Music... for me she can leave the Dancefloor for a while and make real Music again and an Album with connected songs

^^^it's funny how the expectation seems to be that everything a star does has to be great, flashy, entertaining to the core, always adrenaline-filled, keeping everyone on their toes each and any minute for distraction from their own lives.

it's like expecting a circus animal to be entertaining all the time. as if the audience owned the artist and artist has to give everyone a figurative b/j to meet their expectations, rather than allowing the artist to express themselves - even if it's boring to some.

to me it isn't boring at all. documentaries give you a different kind of perspective, and maybe even some insight to who somebody is at the moment they were filmed. no matter if they were the hottest shit at the time or not.

i may stand alone in this but i am actually always interested in which headspace she is in in her private life, behind the scenes because i think she is a fascinating person. if i want a circus horse, i watch other artists.

i am looking forward to the BD/DVD, no matter what kind of film it is.

No she can be insanely boring at this point and still love her and if she were to film her life it would be. Because I can't see replay value in a single scene let alone the entire thing. If anyone gets the feels from watching her do Kabbah in black and white - ok because this like my mom going to church, I need to video that? I said i don't want stagged moments but unless her and Sean made a sex tape on the side to attach to this film, ZZZZZ. I love to know what's going on during the TOAC but what else? a trip to africa, I love her work there but see it? no thanks. I want to know so much more about her but IGTTAS told me nothing! I took away she has a hard time yelling vocals, gives bad speeches sometimes and loves to tour the those parts were amazing! If she is running around Fallon being a weirdo like the promo stuff I am so there for it lol. But I saw TOD a ton of times and the last one once full.

Just piece together instagram last while, DVD bitch!

sorry but her political blabla is often time so unreal and... I'm her fans since almost 30 years so what does anyone know what I like, I love her deep lyrics, STR... and not that grillz thumb sucking shit and she was such a different Person at RIT time cause of Guy Ritchie and Kabbalah, and so many time her political speeches are far away from reality and for me seem like overacting

This is a Forum to discuss and I find it strange if someone says anything about M in anyway gets answers like: oh shes not britney or a dull doll... thats why I never post anything on mtribe *rolleyes*

No one here (I hope for all of you) does like everything she did in the past decades, I love her but that does not mean I have to like if she makes that silly twitter Pictures where she looks like an old naked housewife with that fucking stupid grillz.

Well I'm ready for deeper lyrics and Music... for me she can leave the Dancefloor for a while and make real Music again and an Album with connected songs

No worries. I am also a fan since 1986 and I don't have a problem with your opinion.

It just strikes me as odd.

if you think her political "blabla" comes across as fake, ok so be it.

I happen to buy it as real.

We know that M is pretentious with the things she says and does. She is a world famous artist, so no wonder.

No she can be insanely boring at this point and still love her and if she were to film her life it would be. Because I can't see replay value in a single scene let alone the entire thing. If anyone gets the feels from watching her do Kabbah in black and white - ok because this like my mom going to church, I need to video that? I said i don't want stagged moments but unless her and Sean made a sex tape on the side to attach to this film, ZZZZZ. I love to know what's going on during the TOAC but what else? a trip to africa, unless you adopt after it was just watching nothing fascintating. I want to know so much more about her but IGTTAS told me nothing! I took away she has a hard time yelling vocals, gives bad speeches sometimes and loves to tour the those parts were amazing!

Just piece together instagram last while, DVD bitch!

LMAO!

you're entitled to your opinion.

i happen to love her "churchy" stuff. it's not superficial.

I don't understand how people want her to be deeper and more meaningful in her art yet dismiss her politics and beliefs completely.

The only thing for me about her nowadays, is that I think sometimes she puts too much energy fighting trolls on instagram with angry posts and selfies. To me, it's below her. But she's navigating the world like the rest of us so even if sometimes I'm like "ok girl we get it".. I still respect her.

IGTTYAS offers a lot. It may not be as in your face as police threatening to arrest her, but I feel like its equally as entertaining because of who she is. It's also interesting as a contrast to Truth or Dare. Seeing her explore a hotel room with her kids might be mundane at first notice, but I find it very interesting to see the biggest star on the planet sharing excitement with her children. Learning French from her daughter. Hearing Lola talk about how she wishes she could see more of her mother. See Madonna actually play a motherly role to her dancers as opposed to (what i think) a staged den mother in ToD. Like I said, on the surface it may seem less exciting, but for me, since its Madonna and its true to life, I don't think it could ever be super boring. No matter what she does.

Her answering internet questions while eating pizza and wine on the other hand....... wasn't as entertaining as it should have been.  :Madonna008:

I really do hope we get a doc. Im excited to see who she is now.  I always learn something from her. 

LMAO!

you're entitled to your opinion.

i happen to love her "churchy" stuff. it's not superficial.

The director of TOD was offered to direct this movie also but would it have been any different? just same scenarios right?

Actually there are several topics in common in both documentaries:

- The dancer whose father wouldn't accept his job.

- Madonna's father talking about her behaviour onstage.

- Madonna talking with 'her man' on the phone.

- Rainy and probably disastrous stops during the tour.

- The behind the scenes footage was filmed in b&w whereas the live concert footage in full colour.

- The Holiday, Vogue, and Like a Prayer performances are shown onscreen. 

:redface:

^^which makes for the interesting contrast to show who she was then and who she was "now" as in during RIT.

But who was the dancer whose father wouldn't accept things?

Except for the ones below, I did not see the similarity.

- Madonna's father talking about her behaviour onstage.

- Madonna talking with 'her man' on the phone.

- Rainy and probably disastrous stops during the tour.

- The behind the scenes footage was filmed in b&w whereas the live concert footage in full colour.

^^which makes for the interesting contrast to show who she was then and who she was "now" as in during RIT.

But who was the dancer whose father wouldn't accept things?

Except for the ones below, I did not see the similarity.

If I'm not mistaken Oliver Crumes says in Truth or Dare that his dad wouldn't accept his dream and that's why he hadn't seen him in a while. In IGTTYAS Cloud Campos says something similar, don't remember correctly if it's before or after M gives him a guitar. I SWEAR I'm not making shit up!  :Madonna020:

If I'm not mistaken Oliver Crumes says in Truth or Dare that his dad wouldn't accept his dream and that's why he hadn't seen him in a while. In IGTTYAS Cloud Campos says something similar, don't remember correctly if it's before or after M gives him a guitar. I SWEAR I'm not making shit up! :Madonna020:

You're not making it up.

He mentioned a strained relationship with his father about dancing as a profession in the IGTTYAS

And, the confessions segment preceding Live To Tell in the Confessions Tour basically confirms it was more than just strained.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic