Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://drownedmadonna.com/exclusive-info-on-madonnas-rebel-heart-tour-dvd-premiere/20161025

Other EXCLUSIVE DROWNEDMADONNA NEWS:

"No, it is not a documentary. It is a concert film, which will include some behind the scenes footage as well. (...) We can reveal that the movie is 2 hours long."

CvoaHeSW8AE3_9r.jpg

Oh God, i really hope TOAC gets released too, as now it really seems it's actually fully filmed and professionally edited... Fingers crossed...

I really hope you are right! I wonder if there will just be a selection of her jokes... Or maybe it's a hint for December 2...

In the snippet she posted I can finally understand what she says!

But she is too rude anyway... only bad comedians make people laugh with dirty jokes!

honestly i have mixed feelings about that event-

i still value she's claiming her own sexualtiy, and she's still doing her revolution by being the way she is. sometimes i find myself at the side of the people who criticize her, but then I realize she's always been like that, and she's never gonna stop.

sometimes the world can be so toxic tho

she's an example for all of us.

http://drownedmadonna.com/exclusive-info-on-madonnas-rebel-heart-tour-dvd-premiere/20161025

Other EXCLUSIVE DROWNEDMADONNA NEWS:

"No, it is not a documentary. It is a concert film, which will include some behind the scenes footage as well. (...) We can reveal that the movie is 2 hours long."

That's a good news :) I can't wait :)

i have to agree with people saying that she may not be the best comedian.

i don't care what she talks about; the blow-job joke wasn't really funny, from my perspective. but that could also be a matter of taste in/sense of humor.

and that has nothing to do with being ageist or misogynist.

i actually would love it if she cracked wildly funny jokes about sex, in context of her talking about having sex, unlike Joan Rivers did (insanely funny btw, perfect TIMING). Rivers always negated sex for older women, and that's part of more "accepted" jokes about sex so far. sex/age and humor don't seem to go together so far, madonna could actually change that.

but she needs some coach or something. she is not funny enough yet for a comedian.

Yes, comedy is about taste, you either like it or you don't. She's not the most polished in what she tries to do, but a lot, if not most comedy out there these days is shock/awkward comedy, not everyone likes that.

BTW no one was saying people who dont like her comedy are misogynist nor ageist, but you have to wonder why it was acceptable for her to write a raunchy book in her 30s, yet people feel embarrassed by her now, especially if she does sexual things in an "unsexy" way. In part it's because it's easy to bandwagon with her critics, but I can admit she's held a mirror to my own ageism many times.

but you have to wonder why it was acceptable for her to write a raunchy book in her 30s

from today's perspective, it might look as if it was widely accepted. actually, from what i remember, the discussions were immense, even when she was in her 30s. she has always been criticized, for everything.

again, this book was one of her rebellious moves that changed (certain parts) of society. perhaps not all over the world but in the industrially developed (1st?) world's society. it did change perspectives and ways of thinking.

i am still convinced that the unpolishedness (i totally agree with you) is the real reason for criticism of her "humor" or comedian stunts.

her comedy act needs a lot of work.

as for a lot of comedy being awkward, yes, one might look at it that way.

then again, it's a lot about timing, with the punchline. it's about the delivery of the joke.

and she's not there yet, which pains me.

she is HUGE in the world of pop music. she is the "queen" blablabla.

but as a comedian, she is not (yet?).

so i couldn't care less if the tears of a clown is part of the DVD or not.

it looked like  a true personal expression of grief. hence, also the cynical jokes. i think she was in a lot of personal pain.

but i didn't enjoy any of it. it's just sad and depressing.

from today's perspective, it might look as if it was widely accepted. actually, from what i remember, the discussions were immense, even when she was in her 30s. she has always been criticized, for everything.

again, this book was one of her rebellious moves that changed (certain parts) of society. perhaps not all over the world but in the industrially developed (1st?) world's society. it did change perspectives and ways of thinking.

Yes, today people understand how important S.E.X. was and how it broke boundaries, yet a portion of the fanbase has a meltdown when she tries to break boundaries with how she looks or how she acts now she's middle aged. We've all done it. I'm not gonna pretend I haven't but I'm at that point when I'm trying to catch myself and wondering where my discomfort comes from.

i am still convinced that the unpolishedness (i totally agree with you) is the real reason for criticism of her "humor" or comedian stunts.

her comedy act needs a lot of work.

as for a lot of comedy being awkward, yes, one might look at it that way.

then again, it's a lot about timing, with the punchline. it's about the delivery of the joke.

and she's not there yet, which pains me.

she is HUGE in the world of pop music. she is the "queen" blablabla.

but as a comedian, she is not (yet?).

But Its not like she's actually doing a comedy tour so we can't be too harsh. It's her just testing something new here and there. She's much better than one would expect. It's awkward comedy, she's owning that while doing it. Even the most successful comedians get comments about how bad and unfunny they are constantly, as a big comedy fan I see that all the time. 

so i couldn't care less if the tears of a clown is part of the DVD or not.

it looked like  a true personal expression of grief. hence, also the cynical jokes. i think she was in a lot of personal pain.

but i didn't enjoy any of it. it's just sad and depressing.

IDK, I love TOAC because it was messy and she was exposing her pain, it's better to me than seeing her try to play happy on the main show yet not fully succeeding, we all knew she was going through stuff, so it was a breath of fresh air when she was so unfiltered and relaxed and the setlist is glorious on top of that. I would understand if she doesn't wanna release it tho.

IMO the blow job comment wasn't a far cry from a joke Margaret Cho made years ago about blowing 9/11 recovery workers. Or a joke made on The Boondocks about "riding dick for Obama."

Would people have thought twice if Amy Schumer had made the joke instead? Probably not. 

Is Madge the best comedian, maybe not, but I think it's interesting to see her trying other things, and I think just like anyone else she has the right to explore other vocations if she wants. 

why is it embarrasing for her to reclaim and own her sexuality? In a time where a presidential candidate is misogynist scum, i thought it was on point. If you have no problem with the SEX book then you should have no problem when shes middle aged and makes a joke about sex which was mostly a political statement. People who are quick to run for cover from how embarrasing she is need to analyse context tbh

I have never criticized her way to express sexuality, since the beautiful kiss scene in Open your heart, or the S.E.X interlude in the tour. I am simply saying that the blowjob joke wasn't funny, even if she was 20 years old. It is just an easy and poor way to make comedy.

The really funny joke was by the person who added: "Bill Clinton wasn't sure whether to vote for hillary, but now he will". If she had said that, she would have rocked, that is a funny joke! Hers was just depressing...

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic