Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

By all accounts we've heard, the new version of Holy Water sounds like it's going to be one of the weirdest things she's ever put her name to, in the best way. BRING IT.

It is very similar to demo. Actually it has the same singing, but there are many new beats and effects. After "Kiss it there..." chorus, she sings "Don't it taste...". I think there are no more 80s synth elements.

S.E.X  - The production is completely different. Shame. It is like a mash up of some instrumental from hip hop song and Madonna's singing form S.E.X. The demo was catchy and maybe could be a hit, but this version is  very slow and cold.

It is very similar to demo. Actually it has the same singing, but there are many new beats and effects. After "Kiss it there..." chorus, she sings "Don't it taste...". I think there are no more 80s synth elements.

S.E.X  - The production is completely different. Shame. It is like a mash up of some instrumental from hip hop song and Madonna's singing form S.E.X. The demo was catchy and maybe could be a hit, but this version is  very slow and cold.

have you heard final versions???? o.O

I found this in another forum. A Rebel Heart Review from the listening party

I'm just making copy paste. I need to read it now...

I thought that I could patiently wait to the release, 'cause in the meantime she'll give us The Grammy perfomance, the Living for Love video, two more songs, dunno, maybe another single? but I just read this and now I NEED the album (well, if that's true)... I guess that I'm still waiting, but not patiently anymore.

Waiting for you, I'm waiting, can't you see I'm waiting for you...

I thought that I could patiently wait to the release, 'cause in the meantime she'll give us The Grammy perfomance, the Living for Love video, two more songs, dunno, maybe another single? but I just read this and now I NEED the album (well, if that's true)... I guess that I'm still waiting, but not patiently anymore.Waiting for you, I'm waiting, can't you see I'm waiting for you...

Well you also have the tour news to look forward to as well ;)

More from the listening party:

• [*]The Chance part of the song is really awful. I was not impressed. [*]Mike Tyson kind of talks, doesn't really rap. His part is funny. It's not amazing but different. His lisp is crazy though.  [*]I dont recall any new lyrics in VVV [*]Beautiful Scars has  the same amazing bridge in the final song. i think the song slows down for that and its just her vocals with strings behind her during the bridge [*]it definitely follow somehow a cohesive sound throughout the album. Lots of fun sounds, it was great. The only thing that was off was SEX going into Messiah. [*]Don't knock SEX or Holy Water. They were crap demos that are brilliant album tracks. [*]Natalia kills doesn't sing at all on the album.  [*]Rebel Heart is better than last 2 albums

RebelHeart‬ by ‪#‎Madonna‬ pre-orders available through @HMV_Japan 
‪#‎Japan‬

Rebel Heart pre-orders available through HMV in Japan:

-Rebel Heart deluxe edition IMPORT Catalogue Number : 4720213 March 9 2015
-Rebel Heart Japan edition (bonustrack) Catalogue Number : UICS-1293 March 11 2015
-Rebel Heart LP Special Deluxe edition IMPORT Catalogue Number : 4721169 March 30 2015
-Rebel Heart standard IMPORT Catalogue Number : 4720213 March 9 2015

Posted Image

[*]The Chance part of the song is really awful. I was not impressed.

[*]Mike Tyson kind of talks, doesn't really rap. His part is funny. It's not amazing but different. His lisp is crazy though. 

[*]I dont recall any new lyrics in VVV

[*]Beautiful Scars has  the same amazing bridge in the final song. i think the song slows down for that and its just her vocals with strings behind her during the bridge

[*]it definitely follow somehow a cohesive sound throughout the album. Lots of fun sounds, it was great. The only thing that was off was SEX going into Messiah.

[*]Don't knock SEX or Holy Water. They were crap demos that are brilliant album tracks.

[*]Natalia kills doesn't sing at all on the album. 

[*]Rebel Heart is better than last 2 albums

Personal opinions to be taken with a grain of salt. 

<p>

[*]The Chance part of the song is really awful. I was not impressed.

[*]Mike Tyson kind of talks, doesn't really rap. His part is funny. It's not amazing but different. His lisp is crazy though.

[*]I dont recall any new lyrics in VVV

[*]Beautiful Scars has the same amazing bridge in the final song. i think the song slows down for that and its just her vocals with strings behind her during the bridge

[*]it definitely follow somehow a cohesive sound throughout the album. Lots of fun sounds, it was great. The only thing that was off was SEX going into Messiah.

[*]Don't knock SEX or Holy Water. They were crap demos that are brilliant album tracks.

[*]Natalia kills doesn't sing at all on the album.

[*]Rebel Heart is better than last 2 albums

Yeah, the rappers really ruin the two tracks, in my opinion. Nas even more so on VVV.

Madonna’s “Rebel Heart†among Billboard’s 30 Most Anticipated Albums of 2015
Madonna, Rebel Heart (March 10)
It’s been a tumultuous month for Madonna, who saw 10 demos from her Rebel Heart studio sessions hit the Web. But she took control of the situation by releasing six finished songs, including the single “Live for Love,†and announcing that the whole album would arrive in just three months.

More tidbits from the listening party:
  • [*]The new Holy Water will fucking blow your mind, though. There are some few nice surprises in there. [*]SEX is very reminiscent of the S&S Tour Intro but very Urban/hip-hop. Some ppl may prefer the demo some may prefer this version. [*]As I've said before and on a few other forums: There is NOTHING left of Avicii's input except for the lyrics. The only song that remained slightly the same apparently is Addicted and that was the track that sounded the least like Avicii right from the start. [*]The vocoder "Reeebeeelll Heeaaarrtt" is not in anymore and I'm very glad that all of his dated production has been erased from this album because most of the reworks are fucking phenomenal!

Madonna ExtremeExclusive!Madonna - Rebel Heart (Tracklist)Standard | Deluxe | Super Deluxe Box | Bonus Tracks | Bonus CdSTANDARD1.- Living For Love2.- Devil Pray3.- Ghosttown4.- Unapologetic Bitch5.- Illuminati6.- Bitch I'm Madonna" (featuring Nicki Minaj)7. Hold Tight8. Joan of Arc9. Iconic (featuring Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson)10. HeartBreakCity11. Body Shop12. Holy Water13. Inside Out14. Wash All Over MeDELUXE | VINYL15. Best Night16. Veni Vidi Vici featuring Nas17. Sex18. Messiah19. Rebel HeartSUPER DELUXE BOX20. Beautiful Scars21. Queen22. Borrowed Time23. Graffiti Heart24. Autotune Baby25. AddictedDELUXE_+ BONUS TRACK (different countries)26. Joan of Arc (Acoustic)27. Iconic (Take 2)DELUXE_ + BONUS CD (different countries)Living For Love (Remixes)

<p>

More tidbits from the listening party:

[*]The new Holy Water will fucking blow your mind, though. There are some few nice surprises in there.

[*]SEX is very reminiscent of the S&S Tour Intro but very Urban/hip-hop. Some ppl may prefer the demo some may prefer this version.

[*]As I've said before and on a few other forums: There is NOTHING left of Avicii's input except for the lyrics. The only song that remained slightly the same apparently is Addicted and that was the track that sounded the least like Avicii right from the start.

[*]The vocoder "Reeebeeelll Heeaaarrtt" is not in anymore and I'm very glad that all of his dated production has been erased from this album because most of the reworks are fucking phenomenal!

Borrowed Time is entirely Avicii. It's a shortened version of the 4th demo. Addicted is nearly identical to the leaked version as well; new vocals and small effects. Rebel Heart is essentially the same as the second demo, all Avicii.

Borrowed Time is entirely Avicii. It's a shortened version of the 4th demo. Addicted is nearly identical to the leaked version as well; new vocals and small effects. Rebel Heart is essentially the same as the second demo, all Avicii.

About Rebel Heart: "The final version has a timeless organic pop/rock production similar to Like a Prayer."

How reliable is this ????

what was wrong with addicted vocals? did you gave her idea to rerecord? if you did consider yourself spanked like a lot. :)

i haven't heard Madonna sing better in recent years.

Addicted is special to me because of beautiful electo-guitar shit as well how she sings. 3 different takes on "And I don;t know what it is"…part, and even Abba-ish part is awesome and those low tones on verses are wow."I'm in love with love" and Addicted and I'm a Siren vocals are one of the greatest and Swim too.

only thing kind of feels like forced is that EDM parts and " I'm addicted,  I'm addicted" part. If anything would be great to be gone is that :)))

Hopefully it will be great track, and having 2 version of addicted, Oh My lucifer I am so happy.

Thank you all for the nice news. The day I sow Scars and Addicted are not on the iTunes list, I literally wanted to eat my keyboard. please note i do not have keyboard.it is hard to explain.

ok.purrr.

Addicted is nearly identical to the leaked version as well; new vocals and small effects. Rebel Heart is essentially the same as the second demo, all Avicii.