The Jonathan Ross Show [Special Edition]

groovyguy

Why ???? She has ton of killer music befor Vogue. 95% her 80's music is beyond amazing !

I find that unreal. Those pre-Vogue songs are the reason she's still around.

That's a bit harsh.  I love her pre-LAP music, but other than Live to Tell and a handful of others, I get the feeling that lyrically the messages she wants to leave her kids is from LAP onwards.  From everything she's said before, she seems to consider the 80's her years of being provocative more for the sake of being provocative or for having fun, while the influences for Rebel Heart seem to come more from Erotica and American Life.

At least she's going to do a movie AFTER the era. I blame W.E. for making Madonna put MDNA on the back burner.

I agree, but given how much of her life she's devoted to making films despite her lack of success in the field, it's apparently one of her true passions in life.  I sometimes wonder if we would have had even less music from her, especially after she turned 40, if she had managed to become critically or commercially successful as a film director.  I'm just grateful she's still making music and touring!

From halloweenfanatic on MTribe:

Jonathan introduced Ghosttown as the new single from Rebel Heart. 

She admits that she wasn't happy about Christopher's book and said that they are both speaking after years of silent. She also said that Chris has admitted he regrets publishing the book. 

Jonathan quotes a line from the book re. a Warren Beatty who Chris says she should have married. Madonna says she wasn't ready to marry back in 1990 - Warren was but she had just come out of a divorce and was 'in a mad' space.

They talked about Guy a fair bit but Madonna seem to get lost in not waiting to talk about it. She said the marriage was about timings and both weren't in the same place. She also said that Guy use to drag her down the local pub all the time. 

When asked if she will act again, Madonna says no. Jonathan asks what are her favourite acting movies - Evita, Dick Tracy and Desperately Seeking Susan. 

I wasn't completely sure on this but the next thing she would like to achieve is stand up comedy - she kept bringing it up. She also wanted to a theatre show were she just talks about funny things that have happened to her. 

Apparently Lola text her after the Grammy's with a picture of her arse saying 'REALLY MOM!?' 

I agree, but given how much of her life she's devoted to making films despite her lack of success in the field, it's apparently one of her true passions in life. I sometimes wonder if we would have had even less music from her, especially after she turned 40, if she had managed to become critically or commercially successful as a film director. I'm just grateful she's still making music and touring!

Has she ever written an entire music soundtrack? Some of her songs used in movies sound good (Die Another Day, Masterpiece) but why not the entire soundtrack?

Has she ever written an entire music soundtrack? Some of her songs used in movies sound good (Die Another Day, Masterpiece) but why not the entire soundtrack?

Why would she write an entire soundtrack though?  Compilations of songs that never show up in movies aside (I'm looking at you, Mockingjay), most soundtracks consist of a at most a few hit songs and then instrumental scores.  Didn't she want to write a musical at some point, but that never happened?