Niki & Donna Re-Working "Rain"

My heart just leapt with joy and sadness. I honestly cannot explain the emotion that just came over me hearing that. And seeing the Girlie Show on the Macbook and hearing it... It will be a great cover. But it feels incredibly incomplete. Their vocals haven't aged a day, and they sound fantastic. But it feels so incomplete without Madonna... and that hurts me, like, crying sadness lol.

But it'm happy to hear their voices together again, and it's quite clear the past has brought them closer.

What are they recording it for? Anyone know?

My heart just leapt with joy and sadness. I honestly cannot explain the emotion that just came over me hearing that. And seeing the Girlie Show on the Macbook and hearing it... It will be a great cover. But it feels incredibly incomplete. Their vocals haven't aged a day, and they sound fantastic. But it feels so incomplete without Madonna... and that hurts me, like, crying sadness lol.

But it'm happy to hear their voices together again, and it's quite clear the past has brought them closer.

What are they recording it for? Anyone know?

No infos so far.

Madonna doesn't like to repeat things that much (despite fuzzy dreams and hesitations) and I'm not that nostalgic person but that trio kicked asses. Really harmonic and sassy!

I think theyre the ones who probably bowed out because they were gettin older and had other priorities idk, at least donna...But its weird M decided to just have 2 girls standing in the back almost completely invisible singing backing vocals, Aya and Bambi have reminded me and confirmed for me she looks way better performing as a trio, sry @ ur ego kween

Awn they are amazing, I miss so much the team together.

Madonna says she is against ageism but at the same time she practice it. She would never call they cause they are "old"  Posted Image

I think that there is probably a lot of truth in that, sadly.

I agree that D&N behind, next to and generally bouncing off M always gave a special extra dimension to M's shows. Something that we don't quite get now. However, I think M would also say that she has evolved and doesn't need these two 'supporting' her show anymore.

From what I recall it was Donna's decision not to go on tour with M previously - she wanted to focus on her family and her own music. As for Nikki, she said quite a few nasty things about Madonna after they stopped working together so I doubt she'd ever be invited back. It's also worth remembering that those 2 ladies, as awesome as they are, don't have the same training and stamina as M does and wouldn't be able to keep up with those routines. The three of them together were amazing, it was very of its time and is certainly iconic but Madonna has moved on and so should we. Nostalgia is overrated ;).

From what I recall it was Donna's decision not to go on tour with M previously - she wanted to focus on her family and her own music. As for Nikki, she said quite a few nasty things about Madonna after they stopped working together so I doubt she'd ever be invited back. It's also worth remembering that those 2 ladies, as awesome as they are, don't have the same training and stamina as M does and wouldn't be able to keep up with those routines. The three of them together were amazing, it was very of its time and is certainly iconic but Madonna has moved on and so should we. Nostalgia is overrated ;).

I kept hearing that Nikki said nasty things but never found anything. What exactly did she say? and when?That said, I think Donna's voice and singing skills are actually not ALL THAT.

i don't think m's practicing ageism, they probably arent up to her when it comes to physique, it wouldn't be the same. nikki said that she broke her leg while on the dwt and that m didnt choose her for the RIT because of that and because she had a 1 year old daughter at that time. donna probably wanted to make her own music and stop singing backup. also, i thing it's kinda cool that she never used backing singers the way she did with them, it's like she didnt replace them. it would be kind of a bitch move to do so

that video is super edited, maybe they took parts off and that's why its kinda shady

It doesn't change the fact that she's giving an interview discussing the love life and sexual preferences of her (former) employer, however edited this might be. Saying things like "Warren Beauty gave Madonna some class" or "Madonna got turned out by a brother (Rodman)" hardly need context.

It doesn't change the fact that she's giving an interview discussing the love life and sexual preferences of her (former) employer, however edited this might be. Saying things like "Warren Beauty gave Madonna some class" or "Madonna got turned out by a brother (Rodman)" hardly need context.

i know but  :cryin:  im in denial

i don't think m's practicing ageism, they probably arent up to her when it comes to physique, it wouldn't be the same. nikki said that she broke her leg while on the dwt and that m didnt choose her for the RIT because of that and because she had a 1 year old daughter at that time. donna probably wanted to make her own music and stop singing backup. also, i thing it's kinda cool that she never used backing singers the way she did with them, it's like she didnt replace them. it would be kind of a bitch move to do so

yeah i saw the video or whatever that nicki broke her legs in a car accident? i think and it was really hard for her to do the DWT