Who should play Madonna in the screenplay?

wonderboy

• 3 months later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

The only potential candidate so far I think encapsulates that tough energy is Paris Jackson, but I’d be happy with Amanda Seyfried.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, godx said:

If Paris Jackson didn't spend that year dressing like Madonna I don't think anyone would make a comparrison.

I do see a natural resemblance in her but whoever they choose to play Madonna in the film is going to be dressing like her anyway so it’s probably important that the girl they choose is compared to her. The Harper’s Bazaar shoot in particular is uncanny to me.

B5C9FBBC-620B-42F4-B097-8476C98C5895.jpeg

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, godx said:

I agree based on that picutre. Same 1990 cut crease eye, strong brows, red lips and blonde hair.

But when she isn't dressed as Madonna:696a6aefd49b45e89414d1c45125f850.thumb.jpg.628ab998a1521fbe4ee48e115405b45a.jpg

Paris-Jackson-oscar-party-2020-billboard-1548-1589395923-1024x677.thumb.jpg.ab184db524a0275ffd53adb4747233b7.jpg

Anne Winters and (particularly) Jamie Auld look like Madonna even when they're not trying

I think naturally Paris does have a look of her, particularly in that second picture. As for Jamie Auld, I haven’t seen The Breakfast Club documentary but I’ve read that she didn’t really capture Madonna’s energy, which is more important than looks to me. 

5 hours ago, RebelBeauty said:

I don't know who Julia garner is. So I think Paris Jackson should play madonna. 

you better fix that asap watching Ozark on Netflix then.  She just won her second Emmy for that role after winning her first one last year.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think naturally Paris does have a look of her, particularly in that second picture. As for Jamie Auld, I haven’t seen The Breakfast Club documentary but I’ve read that she didn’t really capture Madonna’s energy, which is more important than looks to me. 

I was so excited about the documentary, and the pictures were stunning!

But then... the voice... the energy... she was so disappointing on film.

That's why I think this shouldn't be a lookalike contest.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:07 PM, godx said:

Anne Winters is the only suitable fit (looks wise) out of the obvious options, and that's for early-mid 80s Madonna only.

Strangely, it seems to be mostly naturally blonde actresses being brought up. I think they should look for brunettes (with dark features) and then think about the hair. With some acting direction and dance lessons if needed, JAMIE AULD is my choice.

If Paris Jackson didn't spend that year dressing like Madonna I don't think anyone would make a comparrison. She just had blonde hair, shaped eyebrows and red lips. Same goes with Julia Garner - nothing alike.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, godx said:

I agree based on that picutre. Same 1990 cut crease eye, strong brows, red lips and blonde hair.

But when she isn't dressed as Madonna:696a6aefd49b45e89414d1c45125f850.thumb.jpg.628ab998a1521fbe4ee48e115405b45a.jpg

Paris-Jackson-oscar-party-2020-billboard-1548-1589395923-1024x677.thumb.jpg.ab184db524a0275ffd53adb4747233b7.jpg

Anne Winters and (particularly) Jamie Auld look like Madonna even when they're not trying

Absolutely, Anna Winters is the obvious choice.