Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

You really need to see again both videos. In my opinion Borderline is upscaled better than Take a Bow. Take A Bow looks "nice" if you don't look too much the details...

I have a 4k OLED TV and Take a Bow looks stunning to me.

Borderline looks better on the Immaculate Collection DVD than the upscale on YouTube 

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

Sincerely, If you watch the video in a 4K OLED TV, then I can't understand how you can say that Take A Bow looks stunning. It's one of her worst upscaled videos.

I would say that would be Borderline.

The quality is less than a DVD.

But as I said in my last post, Take a Bow looks waxy. It’s the DNR.

49 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Madonna said there were like 10 Director’s Cuts of the video, but I’m pretty sure we will get the Director’s Cut that leaked years ago. The grenade ending is the best one, the Bush ending (the one I taped from Viva back in 2003) doesn’t really makes sense 20 years after the fact. 

10th director cut:someone farts at the end and she covers her nose:hallwaylaugh:

3 hours ago, subversive said:

The erotica anniversary get the same advertisement? I mean.... we left behind ray of light and now it's AL?

M™ doesn't like rol at all? These strategies make me wonder things

This really has nothing to do with Madonna's likes or dislikes.  In fact, I'm sure she regards RAY OF LIGHT as one of her best and she sees it as a pivotal and important album in her catalog.  Nothing has been left behind, but for those fans who want EVERY single and release acknowledged and pampered when in reality; it's just unrealistic.  The first two singles were the biggest singles from that album and both have been fairly representative digitally and on streaming platforms.  Nothing is perfect and I suspect some songs, videos and singles are left to be highlighted later.  It's always nice to have a chance to re-visit and highlight another song from that album.  "Nothing Really Matters" was hardly a huge hit, but it got some special treatment before the title track did.  So to day, Madonna doesn't care is not factual.   I always believe there is always a strategy behind what is highlighted these days.  Of course, sometimes it can be questionable, but we have to remember her careeer is massive.  Every month, we can celebrate a huge anniversary and single.  I feel for the most part, we've gotten a lot of the massive hits highlighted and celebrated.  The rest; we just have to be patient. 

6 hours ago, tscott said:

for those fans who want EVERY single and release acknowledged and pampered when in reality; it's just unrealistic.

Chill Ranty McRanter.

If they were remastering each track and recreating HD artwork then it would be unrealistic but they're upscaling internet pics and uploading old CDs (and some old MP3 downloads).

It's a frustrating rollout with no clear strategy and I'll be happy when it's all done and finally rearranged in proper chronological order... If that ever happens 😂

I'm excited for Hollywood and it's remixes.

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

No it’s not - it leaked in 2011 on here along with the other erotica instrumentals ( except fever and rain 🥹 ) 

But someone posted a CD-Reference (or something similar) with Fever instrumental (mislabeled officially as 12'' Instrumental). You can recreate the full red double promo vinyl from digital sources. 

8 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But someone posted a CD-Reference (or something similar) with Fever instrumental (mislabeled officially as 12'' Instrumental). You can recreate the full red double promo vinyl from digital sources. 

Yes but if you listen to album version of fever and the 12” instrumental- it does sound different 

5 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes but if you listen to album version of fever and the 12” instrumental- it does sound different 

Yes, you are right. It's a different mix but almost identical to the album version. The same happens with Deeper and Deeper. The official instrumental is not the album instrumental.

If ya’ll think Madonna and her team are gonna release a controversial video that pretty much killed her commercial appeal in the states to celebrate its anniversary, right in the middle of a campaign to win the GP back on side, then I don’t know what to tell ya’ll. 

And if Madonna’s team think it’s a good idea to release it now, while the world is again at war in its current fragile state as we veer ever closer to a new world order then they deserve all they get. 

That one is staying in the vaults for a very long time. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW