Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

15 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

CATALOGUE RE-ISSUES CHRONOLOGY

2019.03.21 - Like A Prayer (30th Anniversary)

2020.06.23 - Human Nature
2020.08.07 - Vogue
2020.08.28 - Music
2020.09.18 - Hanky Panky
2020.10.23 - Erotica
2020.10.30 - Secret
2020.12.04 - Justify My Love
2020.12.11 - Rescue Me

2021.03.05 - Like A Prayer
2021.03.12 - Frozen
2021.03.19 - Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Remix EP) CANCELLED
2021.03.19 - Bedtime Story
2021.03.26 - Fever (Remix EP) CANCELLED
2021.04.16 - What It Feels Like For A Girl
2021.05.07 - Express Yourself
2021.05.21 - Beautiful Stranger
2021.07.30 - True Blue (35th Anniversary Edition)
2021.12.17 Take A Bow

2022.02.25 - Don't Cry For Me Argentina
2022.03.22 - American Pie
2022.10.06 - Everybody
2022.10.20 - Bad Girl / Fever
2022.10.28 - Deeper And Deeper
2022.11.11 - Rain
2022.11.17 - You Can Dance (Single Edits)
2022.12.02 - Bye Bye Baby
2022.12.09 - Gambler

2023.02.14 - Borderline
2023.02.24 - La Isla Bonita
2023.03.03 - Ray Of Light
2023.03.09 - Burning Up / Physical Attraction
2023.03.17 - Love Don't Live Here Anymore
2023.03.31 - Nothing Really Matters
2023.04.21 - American Life
2023.07.14 - Hollywood
2023.07.27 - Lucky Star
2023.08.24 - Drowned World/Substitute For Love
2023.09.22 - The Power Of Good-Bye
2023.10.26 - Nothing Fails
2023.10.23 - You'll See
2023.11.14 - Don't Tell Me
2023.12.08 - Love Profusion

2024.01.23 - Material Girl
2024.01.30 - Keep It Together
2024.03.08 - I'll Remember

Thank you! I also like the following:

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Digital-Reissues-of-Madonnas-US-Maxi-Singles/609006

11 minutes ago, IGIVEUMORE said:

where??

Everybody 

6 October 2022 • 40th anniversary

• Includes the 7" Instrumental, previously available on vinyl/analog format only.

• Note that track 1 is mislabelled; it is not the original 7" Version and seems to be a new 2022 mix. Curiously, track 2 is the actual original instrumental. 

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Digital-Reissues-of-Madonnas-US-Maxi-Singles/609006

14 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Everybody 

• Includes the 7" Instrumental, previously available on vinyl/analog format only.

• Note that track 1 is mislabelled; it is not the original 7" Version and seems to be a new 2022 mix. Curiously, track 2 is the actual original instrumental. 

This has been explained before. The 1982 released 7" single was the version that was cut short by an earlier fade in one of the pre-pressing processes. The 2022 remaster is supposedly the original version of the 7" which had been mastered in '82 as the intended single.

It’s so weird that the Everybody digital single mirrors the 40th anniversary vinyl. There’s never been a connection between digital and special vinyl releases. Otherwise we would have American Life Mixshow on digital and also the Who’s That Girl/Causing a Commotion remixes EP

11 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

It’s so weird that the Everybody digital single mirrors the 40th anniversary vinyl. There’s never been a connection between digital and special vinyl releases. Otherwise we would have American Life Mixshow on digital and also the Who’s That Girl/Causing a Commotion remixes EP

That's because the latter two were offered only as Vinyl Exclusives for RSD.  Everybody vinyl and digital release coincided with the 40th Anniversary release of the single and her career. :)

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

This has been explained before. The 1982 released 7" single was the version that was cut short by an earlier fade in one of the pre-pressing processes. The 2022 remaster is supposedly the original version of the 7" which had been mastered in '82 as the intended single.

I suppose the 7" Version of Holiday is the same case. Then again…if that was how it was intended, why did it not appear that way on any release? 😅

Edit:

@Bjonkers I think you and the guy who made that list confused Everybody and Holiday. I just compared the version of Everybody on Spotify with the actual 7" Edit and they are the same (except for the different master). The length and the fade are also the same. The 7" Edit can be perfectly reconstructed because it uses the fade out from the 12" Version and all the edit points are in the middle of the song. Therefore, your theory is definitely incorrect.

Holiday (from FEL) however appears to match your theory.

30 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

I keep hoping that enough time will pass and the “exclusive” nature of the RSD releases is no longer relevant and they will add them to streaming too. 

i bought the AL Mixshow EP on vinyl, but I’d love to be able to add the Mother & Father and Easy Ride remixes to my Spotify playlists.

1 minute ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

I keep hoping that enough time will pass and the “exclusive” nature of the RSD releases is no longer relevant and they will add them to streaming too. 

i bought the AL Mixshow EP on vinyl, but I’d love to be able to add the Mother & Father and Easy Ride remixes to my Spotify playlists.

I personally hope not!  Their should be some exclusivity for artists.  That being said, it's not hard for die had fans to make/find them digitally available for themselves.  :)

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

I didn't realise the 7" Version of Everybody isn't the original 7" Version - it's a new mix 😕

1 hour ago, IGIVEUMORE said:

where??

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

Everybody 

That info is false. The 7" Edit of Everybody is the real deal. It’s just dreadfully remastered.

I‘m not sure about the instrumental though.

Holiday - 7" Version (from FEL) is a longer edit and likely happened during a failed attempt to reconstruct the original 7" Edit.

16 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Here we go again…

40b41d46a779193ebf7bf37aaea5a23c.gif

Look, I have every right to my opinion. My comment was respectful and wasn't attacking or hurting anyone  It's weird how you keep quoting me and making shady comments when you announced multiple times you are happy to have me on "ignore".  Clearly not!  You need to chill and stop being so aggressive and shady! 

1 hour ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

I suppose the 7" Version of Holiday is the same case. Then again…if that was how it was intended, why did it not appear that way on any release? 😅

Edit:

@Bjonkers I think you and the guy who made that list confused Everybody and Holiday. I just compared the version of Everybody on Spotify with the actual 7" Edit and they are the same (except for the different master). The length and the fade are also the same. The 7" Edit can be perfectly reconstructed because it uses the fade out from the 12" Version and all the edit points are in the middle of the song. Therefore, your theory is definitely incorrect.

Holiday (from FEL) however appears to match your theory.

You are indeed correct. I was mixing the two of them up.

As you were, everyone...

8 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

You are indeed correct. I was mixing the two of them up.

As you were, everyone...

Yeah I can't see them uploading the real 7" unless they upload the 'Holiday' single separately. Sad because I could easily recreate it.

I think that random 3:51 version on streaming on the Madonna album is the best one anyway. If they replace that with the original album version when they do the Deluxe I'll be bothered. Its weird that on WIKI is says the 7" is 3:50 under the record cover but then all the track lengths say minimum of 4:10 on the formats.

Oprah so What is the truth gif 

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.38.57.png

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.39.06.png

They had the chance to fix the "Holiday" 3:51 edit version when they updated the album around the same time the "Borderline" digital single was released: they fixed "Borderline" with the proper album version instead the extended but left the "Holiday" edit untouched, probably cause it's one of her most streamed songs - 104M, while the original 6-minute album version on the "Celebration" album is 79M.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW