Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

8 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

I could be very wrong but I think Crazy For You is extremely *likely* to get a release because I doubt the Vision Quest soundtrack is getting a re-release.  It might just have a 2024 remastered version of  the full length 4:08 version and the 3:45 remix/edit but I fully expect this one to be released.  People said they wouldn't bother with Material Girl and we got that.

The original 7" Fade is more likely than the TIC edit to be honest.

14 hours ago, jemboy1973 said:

I'd be happy with either, I like both. I found it all confusing at the time as we got the black one for Rain in the UK, which didn't need an update as the original is stunning. At that time import maxi's were coming through quite fast so I got them all and enjoyed the differences. 

I adore the Meisel one, the picture is great and I loved the font. Lol at the time I thought it was new, never realised that it was from italian vogue and used in D&D until later. For Rain I also much prefer the Herb Ritts cover over the UK one.

10 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I love consistency too. Frozen and Ray of Light single has Ray of Light album style, Secret has Bedtime Stories style. Although those are the first singles of particular album. There's a pattern that applies to most eras - after the first singles of one's album they usually dopp the ball and then designers are let go of the "leash". 

Confessions era did pretty good with that consistency and so Music era. 

I think from LAP throughout BS the single covers are near perfection. I thought rehashing the same concept for confessions and music was actually kind of lame. Compared to Erotica, DAD, BG, Rain, BBB, those are all fantastic covers, even Fever, which is kind of a weird one tbh felt like it fit right in using the bodoni font and current colors.

7 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

FFS why on earth would they put CFU single on streaming - there are no other versions apart from the album version - it makes no sense at all plus the b-side wasnt even a Madonna track - please move on from this guys ...

I hate to break it to you but the general public is not listening to Madonna single B-sides.  They're listening to remastered versions of the songs they know.  That's the purpose of the singles campaign, not releasing unreleased material.

40 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

FFS why on earth would they put CFU single on streaming - there are no other versions apart from the album version - it makes no sense at all plus the b-side wasnt even a Madonna track - please move on from this guys ...

You do know they can still add this to streaming without the B-side, right?  But I do agree, it seems pointless to add it on it's own as a single without any other versions/mixes, being it's already available for streaming on multiple Madonna albums/compilations. 

49 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Isn't there a remix that's 03:45 from the 1991 re-release? 

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

You do know they can still add this to streaming without the B-side, right?  But I do agree, it seems pointless to add it on it's own as a single without any other versions/mixes, being it's already available for streaming on multiple Madonna albums/compilations. 

There is a full version still unreleased in streaming and I'm not sure if we have it on digital like CD @MPoweredam I right?

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Do you think Crazy For You is coming and would you get angry if it didn't?

Of course it's coming. Why shouldn't it? Maybe not this year but rather next year cause of the 40th anniversary.

2 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

I guess we'll either get it as a part of a single or maybe a Something To Remember re-release?  I'll be sad if we don't get it one way or the other.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Why shouldn't we be getting it?

There are two official versions of Crazy For You that were released with the original single:

• 7" Edit (so far only available on vinyl)
  • Full Length LP Version (only available on the Vision Quest OST and the La Isla Bonita Remix EP from Japan)

Then there's the TIC Version that has even infested the streaming version of Something To Remember. That version can rot in hell.

The 1995 Edit from Something To Remember is a fade of the LP Version (like the single version but a bit longer). It's not on streaming yet. 

My guess is that they will either keep it as a two track single or add any of the following as b-side:

• Crazy For You - Instrumental
  • Burning Up - Original Album Version (aka. Remix) (If ITG ends up being the B-side to Angel)
  • Everybody - Original Album Version (If there is no separate ITG single)
  • Dress You Up - Remix (Promo Only)
  • Borderline - Edit (7" Version)
  • Borderline - Remix (From It's That Girl)
  • Warning Signs (since the Vision Quest OST and its songs won't be part of the re-issue campaign)

13 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Of course it's coming. Why shouldn't it? Maybe not this year but rather next year cause of the 40th anniversary.

Why shouldn't we be getting it?

There are two official versions of Crazy For You that were released with the original single:

• 7" Edit (so far only available on vinyl)
  • Full Length LP Version (only available on the Vision Quest OST and the La Isla Bonita Remix EP from Japan)

Then there's the TIC Version that has even infested the streaming version of Something To Remember. That version can rot in hell.

The 1995 Edit from Something To Remember is a fade of the LP Version (like the single version but a bit longer). It's not on streaming yet. 

My guess is that they will either keep it as a two track single or add any of the following as b-side:

• Crazy For You - Instrumental
  • Burning Up - Original Album Version (aka. Remix) (If ITG ends up being the B-side to Angel)
  • Everybody - Original Album Version (If there is no separate ITG single)
  • Dress You Up - Remix (Promo Only)
  • Borderline - Edit (7" Version)
  • Borderline - Remix (From It's That Girl)
  • Warning Signs (since the Vision Quest OST and its songs won't be part of the re-issue campaign)

Imagine if it was the 1991 tracklist coming lol

Digital single – "Bad Girl / Fever" (2022)[95]

"Bad Girl" (edit) – 4:35

"Bad Girl" (extended mix) – 6:29

"Fever" (album edit) – 4:30

"Fever" (edit one) – 4:05

"Fever" (extended 12-inch mix) – 6:07

"Fever" (Hot Sweat 12-inch mix) – 7:58

"Fever" (Murk Boys Deep South Mix) – 6:28

"Fever" (Murk Boys Miami Mix) – 7:10

"Fever" (Murk Boys Miami Dub) – 7:12

"Fever" (radio edit/remix) – 5:09

"Fever" (Shep's Remedy Dub) – 4:31

"Fever" (Oscar G's Dope Mix) – 4:55

Miami Mix and Dub are the same version?! Why this double?!

2 hours ago, mirtillo said:

Digital single – "Bad Girl / Fever" (2022)[95]

"Bad Girl" (edit) – 4:35

"Bad Girl" (extended mix) – 6:29

"Fever" (album edit) – 4:30

"Fever" (edit one) – 4:05

"Fever" (extended 12-inch mix) – 6:07

"Fever" (Hot Sweat 12-inch mix) – 7:58

"Fever" (Murk Boys Deep South Mix) – 6:28

"Fever" (Murk Boys Miami Mix) – 7:10

"Fever" (Murk Boys Miami Dub) – 7:12

"Fever" (radio edit/remix) – 5:09

"Fever" (Shep's Remedy Dub) – 4:31

"Fever" (Oscar G's Dope Mix) – 4:55

Miami Mix and Dub are the same version?! Why this double?!

Because they didn’t listen to check if they were different. 💀💀💀

On 3/14/2023 at 12:26 AM, MPowered said:

JANUARY

FEBRUARY

MARCH 
Crazy For You - March 2, 1985
I'll Remember - March 15, 1994
Live To Tell - March 26, 1986

APRIL 
Angel - April 10, 1985

MAY

JUNE 
Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986
This Used To Be My Playground - June 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987

JULY
(Into The Groove - July 15, 1985)
Dress You Up - July 24, 1985

AUGUST 
Cherish - August 1, 1989
Causing A Commotion - August 25, 1987

SEPTEMBER 
Holiday - September 7, 1983

OCTOBER
True Blue - October 9, 1986 (US)
Die Another Day - October 22, 2002
Oh Father - October 24, 1989
You Must Love Me - October 27, 1996
Like A Virgin - October 31, 1984

NOVEMBER 
Open Your Heart - November 12, 1986

DECEMBER 
Dear Jessie - December 4, 1989

I left out some of the singles that I personally don’t see coming soon.

On 2/7/2024 at 10:58 AM, madonnaboy58 said:

Somehow I lost track of which rare promo versions/ remixes or edits were previously unreleased or vinyl only releases that are now released digitally.

Does anyone have a list?

I had the same question. I referred to http://stealmylyrics.com/madonnaremixology/ because it appears not to have been updated in awhile. As in, some things marked as vinyl-only there have now been added to streaming.

Strangely, though, you can't search for the word "vinyl" on that site because it's coded weirdly I guess. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW