Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Do we think that Who's That Girl is still coming with its original tracklist or is it going to get Causing A Commotion added? I wouldn't be talking about this if the date hadn't been moved, but hopefully it's still the original tracklist planned and not one with the remixes of Causing A Commotion 

I think they will be released separately. I feel like the time to digitally reissue the RSD Super Club Mix of Who's That Girl/Causing A Commotion has passed. 

Slight side note: I'm actually excited to see what they do because the single mix of Causing A Commotion has to be one of my favourite 80s Madonna tracks ever after I bought The Holiday Collection when I was on holiday in Italy years ago.

Just now, BoyToyMark said:

I think they will be released separately. I feel like the time to digitally reissue the RSD Super Club Mix of Who's That Girl/Causing A Commotion has passed. 

Slight side note: I'm actually excited to see what they do because the single mix of Causing A Commotion has to be one of my favourite 80s Madonna tracks ever after I bought The Holiday Collection when I was on holiday in Italy years ago.

Maybe someone can ask Andru via popjustice if they have the tracklist of the next single after Who's That Girl or the tracklist for Causing A Commotion!

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

To be honest, I’ve been making playlists of all my favourite artists and most of the legacy acts don’t have their past remixes/b-sides handled any better than Madonna. In fact, she’s one of the better ones.

Michael Jackson for example does not even have his old remixes/singles uploaded at all. Kylie is missing all the singles pre 2004. Janet Jackson has some uploaded but way too many missing. I think what Madonna has done is quite fantastic as most of the best remixes are at least available now.

I was surprised to check now basically all Kylie's pre-2005 singles are missing on streaming in Australia!

All the singles are pretty much available internationally. Weird, since she now owns the rights to all her PWL material, maybe it's some kind of red tape with her original Mushroom Australia contract? Who knows.

About Madonna, I agree things are much better than some people claim. I repeat myself, but only four yers ago her official online presence before "Sorry"/"Hung Up" (depending on the territory) was non existent. While not perfect, this reissues singles campaign is actually giving. We all want everything now but that's not how it works, we'd probably received much less in terms of promo mixes, etc. with that approach (all the singles at once).

17 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

To be honest, I’ve been making playlists of all my favourite artists and most of the legacy acts don’t have their past remixes/b-sides handled any better than Madonna. In fact, she’s one of the better ones.

Not only legacy artists but also ones who began late 90s and early 00s. Dido, P!nk, Nelly Furtado for example don't have their early singles uploaded from time period around '99-'03/'04. Madonna's singles in this case are being handled wonderfully.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

I was surprised to check now basically all Kylie's pre-2005 singles are missing on streaming in Australia!

All the singles are pretty much available internationally. Weird, since she now owns the rights to all her PWL material, maybe it's some kind of red tape with her original Mushroom Australia contract? Who knows.

I just checked myself and was shocked to see that most are gone here in the states too. Alllll those digital singles PWL had available for years are now reduced to just 6.

4 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I just checked myself and was shocked to see that most are gone here in the states too. Alllll those digital singles PWL had available for years are now reduced to just 6.

Most of them are listed as albums on Apple Music US?

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/kylie-minogue/465031/see-all?section=full-albums

In any case... another example of how managing big catalogues can be a pain and sometimes s**t happens. We're getting it quite good with Madonna so far, just wish they end up soon and keep going with the video remasters too, those should be a priority at the moment but are abandoned now...

53 minutes ago, Prayer said:

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/kylie-minogue/465031/see-all?section=full-albums

In any case... another example of how managing big catalogues can be a pain and sometimes s**t happens. We're getting it quite good with Madonna so far, just wish they end up soon and keep going with the video remasters too, those should be a priority at the moment but are abandoned now...

Kylie's streaming on Spotify selection is very bizarre, in my opinion.

Take arguably her most popular song "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". There is a Single listed with 2 remixes available, but in search there are remixes by Greg Kurstin, Nick Faber, one titled "Remix", an Extended Mix, Deluxe's Dirty Dub (on Fever), Extended Instrumental, String Version. Total mess. 

2 minutes ago, survivalartist said:

Kylie's streaming on Spotify selection is very bizarre, in my opinion.

Take arguably her most popular song "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". There is a Single listed with 2 remixes available, but in search there are remixes by Greg Kurstin, Nick Faber, one titled "Remix", an Extended Mix, Deluxe's Dirty Dub (on Fever), Extended Instrumental, String Version. Total mess. 

Well it's just natural that her biggest hit has many versions listed. But I agree her digital collection could be better. There's something to consider and that's her different label phases: PWL until 1992, then DeConstruction from 1994 to 1998, then Parlophone in the 00s and early 10s, then RocNation and finally BMG where she's now. Add that to the fact her old releases rights have been reverted to them in time, first PWL, then Decon.... and you have a big mess of editions, releases and stuff.

In a way, it's somehow a blessing all Madonna is under Warner except for three albums in the 10s that will end up being under Warner too soon. That makes things SO much easier.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Ha! Of course they’re in the wrong section I didn’t think to check bc I shouldn’t have to. 🤪 I could swear they all used to properly be singles though. Idk why it’s so hard for label people (M’s included) to properly categorize things. 

I believe Kylie inherited all her PWL masters a few years back so that sounds like it's on team Kylie maybe. I think her Decon rights may have fallen back to her now too. Parlophone may be some years away. I can't remember where I read this and I may be remembering incorrectly. PWL is defo with her. 

5 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Ha! Of course they’re in the wrong section I didn’t think to check bc I shouldn’t have to. 🤪 I could swear they all used to properly be singles though. Idk why it’s so hard for label people (M’s included) to properly categorize things. 

You're not mad, they were correctly in the Singles section not long ago. But again, BMG Rights took down all of her releases and re-uploaded them again recently (why? Only they know).

@steady75just read your post. Yes, PWL is hers and Decon too but she licensed them to BMG so they're in charge of them.

Kylie has had sooooo many greatest hits over her career.

I think five properly big official ones

1. Greatest Hits (PWL)
  2. Hits + (Decon)
  3. Ultimate Kylie (Parlo)
  4. The Best Of Kylie Minogue (EMI)
  5. Step Back In Time (BMG)

I suppose you could also count The Abbey Road Session too as they're a collection of Greatest Hit Singles albeit reimagined.

A few crappy basic ones too

1. Confide In Me - (Decon)
  2. Greatest Hits + remixes (PWL) which is just the first Greatest hits really with a couple of emissions and a b side 
  3. Greatest Hits 87-89  (PWL + Decon) The first two greatest hits combined and a few bonus tracks
  4. Artists Collection - (Decon) Odd mix of her two Decon album tracks and singles
  5. Confide In Me (Decon) Another odd mic of album tracks , b-sides, singles and remixes
  6. Hits (EMI) - A weird hodge podge of songs from her first five Parlo albums a live track and a remix

as well as four PWL Greatest Remix albums and load of other remix albums

Kylie did really well to come back form her KYLIE25 era which basically sorta wrote her off as a legacy act. The girl done well.

......If her new single With Tove Lo and Bebe Rexha tomorrow is the first of her next album were probably due another Compilation collection from her timeline wise in the next couple of years. 

She's had 15 singles official since Step Back In Time a few being duets and a couple being Promo.

I'm so glad we haven't had to suffer the absolute state of this with Madonnas catalogue. I know we moan a bit about the lack of a third proper greatest hits and omissions on four collections but we've really been spared the mess.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Kylie has had sooooo many greatest hits over her career.

I'm so glad we haven't had to suffer the absolute state of this with Madonnas catalogue. I know we moan a bit about the lack of a third proper greatest hits and omissions on four collections but we've really been spared the mess.

Madonna's digital catalogue is honestly great. Just a couple of mixes not correct is pretty good.

And in regards to Kylie only Greatest Hits (1992), Ultimate Kylie (2004), The Abbey Road Sessions (2012) and Step Back In Time (2019) are her endorsed, promotional campaign official hits albums. Anything else is a record company cash-in.

On topic of possible Oh Father single, there’s always the UK single, which had Live To Tell from Who’s That Girl tour/Ciao Italia. They might do a single with the 7” edit, album version, Live To Tell (live) and maybe Why’s It So Hard? (live) again, even though we got it on I’ll Remember 

7 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

On topic of possible Oh Father single, there’s always the UK single, which had Live To Tell from Who’s That Girl tour/Ciao Italia. They might do a single with the 7” edit, album version, Live To Tell (live) and maybe Why’s It So Hard? (live) again, even though we got it on I’ll Remember 

Like this? 

8 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

I guess they would follow the route of the US 1989 single if anything, repeating content when they already put those two live tracks on the "You'll See" and "I'll Remember" digital singles would be weird (the "Live To Tell" live track on the 1995 UK single was an edit cut to 6 minutes, they could use that one but I doubt it). Though there's nothing left unreleased on streaming that they could use, really. I can see:

01. Oh Father (Edit)

02. Oh Father (Album Version)

03. Pray For Spanish Eyes

And this cover adapted:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Again, I can't see "Oh Father" at all, sadly, though I'd love it. And that amazing video needs an upgrade - as many others of her on YouTube.

46 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

The oh father video is a masterpiece and is worthy of a full remaster from original film reels but all fans on here care about is getting the edit in streaming because they don’t have to time to listen to the full album version which is 25 seconds longer 🙄

The edit is already on streaming.

You can do better if you're gonna keep complaining all the time on a topic you supposedly don't even care about (the digital singles campaign).

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

The oh father video is a masterpiece and is worthy of a full remaster from original film reels but all fans on here care about is getting the edit in streaming because they don’t have to time to listen to the full album version which is 25 seconds longer 🙄

SHE DESTROYED THE SONG BECAUSE IT IS 25 SECONDS SHORTER!!!!!!!!!

BURN ALL THE SINGLES' MASTER TAPES!!!!!!!!!

DESTROY ALL THE REMIXES!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE ALBUM VERSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2wfT.gif

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW