MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Diieeego said:

We’ve beeng through multiple times: “just wait until this next important anniversary; she will release xyz at that point” and nothing has come out of it. It’s just not going to happen. 

Madonna wasn't a landmark. Just a beginning. We were wrong only this time that Warner reissue the first album.

15 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Lucky Star, Borderline, Holiday, Burning Up and Everybody say "hello".

8 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

REISSUE

Not damn streaming upload. 

I think he was referring to them as "landmark" songs.  And again, I have to say, to most of us Madonna fans we may see them as landmark songs, but was it really part of a "landmark" moment of her career?  Again, subjective for some fans, but Like A Virgin the album definitely is a key landmark album because it was with this album, she started to become globally successful.  A lot of people still didn't know who she was (even in America) until Like A Virgin was released.  Borderline and Holiday definitely was a start, but Like A Virgin became her first #1 by the end of 1984, and that whole next year, that album and she became a household name and eventually a phenomenon. 

This is why I say that Warner is waiting for the Anniversary of LAV release, to re-issue a landmark album.  Of course, it's just me speculating, but it makes sense if you look outside the "stan" base.

44 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I think he was referring to them as "landmark" songs.

No, he listed all Madonna singles one by one.

45 minutes ago, McDonna said:

This is why I say that Warner is waiting for the Anniversary of LAV release, to re-issue a landmark album.

There. 

47 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Of course, it's just me speculating, but it makes sense if you look outside the "stan" base.

Yes, it's all rumor.... with high probability of coming out as true. 

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

2 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

No, he listed all Madonna singles one by one.

Yes, he did, but he thinks those songs are landmark to make the album a "landmark".  So of course, fans think of that but the Like A Virgin album is landmark in the eyes public consumption and how it became her first #1 album as well including her first #1 song.

55 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yes, he did, but he thinks those songs are landmark to make the album a "landmark".  So of course, fans think of that but the Like A Virgin album is landmark in the eyes public consumption and how it became her first #1 album as well including her first #1 song.

Fans can think what they want but reality is that Madonna's opinion matters only.

4 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Fans can think what they want but reality is that Madonna's opinion matters only.

And I am not sure it's necessarily only Madonna's opinion, rather a collective people who is orchestrating the re-issues!  Anyway, the deal is happening.  Much has already been happening because of it, but unfortunately it's not the focus of some fans who are simply thinking if the re-issues of the landmark isn't happening, then nothing has been happening. LOL!

In Madonna’s eyes the debut was probably cobbled together. Two single deal with Physical Attraction thrown on. Then she got to make the record. Then all the debacle with Steve and Jellybean. The Ain’t No Big Deal mess and the fall out with Reggie. It didn’t move much and hindered the release date for LAV. I bet she sees LAV as her commercial arrival so I’d agree that LAV is a landmark album. The debut became iconic retrospectively in truth. 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

In Madonna’s eyes the debut was probably cobbled together. Two single deal with Physical Attraction thrown on. Then she got to make the record. Then all the debacle with Steve and Jellybean. The Ain’t No Big Deal mess and the fall out with Reggie. It didn’t move much and hindered the release date for LAV. I bet she sees LAV as her commercial arrival so I’d agree that LAV is a landmark album. The debut became iconic retrospectively in truth. 

Totally makes sense too. Of course, we're just speculating, but we've seen no expansive deluxe set for the first album, so the conclusion one has to make is that there are specific albums considered "landmark" (by the powers that be) that are worthy of an expansive deluxe set to be released. But as I've said all along, this is just one part of the deal they made. Other things have been going on.  It's been said this is a multi-year deal, and nothing was given a specific time frame to be released either, other than them stating the universal albums will be part of the catalog by 2025. Multi-years could mean anything.  It can mean 5, 10, 15 or 20 years.  I'm not saying it's going to be 20 years, but there is no limit to the term "multi-years".  As some already expressed here, obviously Warner and Madonna have been working on her digital and streaming catalog even before making this deal public.  Since then we've gotten several curated projects, namely FEL which was only released in 2021.   We've had a lot of things happening between that time and now with digital and streaming updates.  So as boring or uninterested as some fans are of that, it doesn't mean the deal isn't still on.  I personally believe a re-issue of an deluxe set will happen eventually. It's easy to think that LAV might be the "landmark" album they are aiming for.  We still have a year for that anniversary to take place, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next year. 

I definitely think the deal is on. What I don’t think is happening is expansive reissues. 

somebody here said her team does not care about actual anniversaries (lol!) and what would have made sense commercially is announce the LAV reissue or whatever landmark they think would make sense with or around the tour announcement. They didn’t. I don’t think they would randomly release next year LAV after ignoring everything else 

I just think we will still get things (most likely compilations) for special dates (like RSD) and call it a day 

as I said I truly hope I am wrong and it’s just me being bitter about the whole thing. 

16 hours ago, Diieeego said:

I definitely think the deal is on. What I don’t think is happening is expansive reissues. 

somebody here said her team does not care about actual anniversaries (lol!)

Who is that "somebody"?  No one here is any official source. And if her team didn't care about "anniversaries", how do you explain the countless digital and streaming releases that have happened on the anniversary of their original release.  Also, American Life Mix Show was released under the mention of celebrating the anniversary release of that American Life.  FEL is also guises as a celebration to her 40 years in the business and accomplishing 50 dance hits in that time period.  Even the release of the rainbow Vinyl was announced to celebrate a year since the original release.  

To me, this comes down to some being impatient and thinking just because the deal was announced, everything was ready to be released #soon.  I for one still think the "expansive reissues" will happen. It's just not happening for EVERY album as some were hoping and only time will tell what really will happen. So much has been done in these last few years because of this deal, but some are ignoring that or not considering it being that significant to them. And that's fine, but it doesn't mean things aren't still happening. 

This thread is still going???

:04:
I completely forgot about the non existent Warner deal or “expansive albums” fan fantasy since the tour started! Time to close this thread @Jackie, it’s about as likely as an Australian tour at this point :laughing:

Cant believe this same convo is still going around in circles 3 years later.

hi.... new subscriber... here.... from Italy.... hi everyone....for sure they will put out something..... i hope they start form the beginning and t hey put out album and vinyls fast ... one every 4 -5 months.... but i also hope to have something new.... look how amazing was this year and last year with: forzen with sickick and frozen with 070shake, story with blondish, Hung up on t, popular and vulgar.... i hope to see a more prolific M...

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

My parents are casual listeners and I just asked what Madonna's first album is.

They said Like a virgin.

Even though I heard Madonna’s song Burning Up first (without knowing she was the singer), I didn’t really know who Madonna was until she released Like A Virgin. And that’s true for almost everyone, especially outside the USA.

44 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Even though I heard Madonna’s song Burning Up first (without knowing she was the singer), I didn’t really know who Madonna was until she released Like A Virgin. And that’s true for almost everyone, especially outside the USA.

this is how powerful madonna is..... even people who dont follow her at all, when they listen one of her song remember it... she make so much songs and so iconic that everyone have listen a couple of her songs.... she own the 80s the 90s and the 00s. ...

14 hours ago, McDonna said:

Who is that "somebody"?  No one here is any official source. And if her team didn't care about "anniversaries", how do you explain the countless digital and streaming releases that have happened on the anniversary of their original release.  Also, American Life Mix Show was released under the mention of celebrating the anniversary release of that American Life.  FEL is also guises as a celebration to her 40 years in the business and accomplishing 50 dance hits in that time period.  Even the release of the rainbow Vinyl was announced to celebrate a year since the original release.  

To me, this i comes down to some being impatient and thinking just because the deal was announced, everything was ready to be released #soon.  I for one still think the "expansive reissues" will happen. It's just not happening for EVERY album as some were hoping and only time will tell what really will happen. So much has been done in these last few years because of this deal, but some are ignoring that or not considering it being that significant to them. And that's fine, but it doesn't mean things aren't still happening. 

I do believe anniversaries are important. Somebody here, I forgot when, said that her team “does not care about anniversaries” and that is why the important anniversaries were missed, and they could randomly release whatever whenever 

I think that’s ridiculous too, but if that’s not true, then it means not one of the anniversaries that have passed are relevant to her team, and that they’re waiting for a big relevant date for re-releases 

i just don’t understand how the debut is not relevant enough