MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

The thing that’s even more frustrating is the total silence here from her team - no interviews from anyone on what they are doing or have planned - that surprises me seeing as M is so vocal about everything else going on in her creative life - makes me wonder if the whole deal is either cancelled or she’s simply changed her mind about the expanded releases - maybe it’s just going to be these tired digital releases which basically requires zero input from her - I can’t imagine she has to approve the digital maxi pictures 😔

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I guess they want them to be total surprises. And may already be bummed about certain leaks regarding first the Madame X Tour live album vinyl, and now the Celebration vinyl reissue.

Sorry but I don’t see how that is the same thing - that’s stuff that’s already been released and nothing special if you ask me - MX tour was not thought very high of and the celebration album is mostly looked down on too due to poor mastering - again just lazy cash grab releases but I’m sure I will be shot down 🙄

There's no way she canceled these plans or will strictly do digital releases, WB and her are going to BANK on physical sales - it's a guarantee money maker. I think they're just dragging feet cause she's busy and probably wants to supervise every single thing and we all know how slow she works these days when she's in the studio. 

On 2/8/2024 at 8:16 PM, musicinferno said:

There's no way she canceled these plans or will strictly do digital releases, WB and her are going to BANK on physical sales - it's a guarantee money maker. I think they're just dragging feet cause she's busy and probably wants to supervise every single thing and we all know how slow she works these days when she's in the studio. 

Yes! Nothing is cancelled and I don't believe anyone is dragging their feet.  People are just impatient and can't see this most likely is going to start with the LAV 40th Anniversary this year.  She doesn't even have to have much involvement in these re-issues. There's a team for this!

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

Yes! Nothing is cancelled and I don't believe anyone is dragging their feet.  People are just impatient and can't see this is going to start with the LAV 40th Anniversary this year.  She doesn't even have to have much involvement in these re-issues. There's a team for this!

Yes but we’ve seen so many anniversaries come and go now with nothing substantial released - I think people need to forget this emphasis on “ anniversaries “ now - it’s tiresome -

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes but we’ve seen so many anniversaries come and go now with nothing substantial released - I think people need to forget this emphasis on “ anniversaries “ now - it’s tiresome -

So many?  That's because some fans make an anniversary out of every freakin' release even on odd years. 

Mark my words, it's coming this year!!!

22 minutes ago, McDonna said:

So many?  That's because some fans make an anniversary out of every freakin' release even on odd years. 

Mark my words, it's coming this year!!!

The most disappointing was the 30th anniversary of Erotica. It was great to get all the videos and EPs on Spotify, but I was really hoping a reissue.

Also the 25th anniversary of Ray of light and the 20th of American Life.

42 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

The most disappointing was the 30th anniversary of Erotica. It was great to get all the videos and EPs on Spotify, but I was really hoping a reissue.

Also the 25th anniversary of Ray of light and the 20th of American Life.

Not every anniversary has to be celebrated in a grand way.  And we all know Madonna isn't one who does the norm or what other artists do as it seems some want to keep insisting she does or compare other artists who have these anniversary sets, thinking they are perfect as well. Every fan of every artist will nit pick!  Some people will never be happy!

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

Not every anniversary has to be celebrated in a grand way.  And we all know Madonna isn't one who does the norm or what other artists do as it seems some want to keep insisting she does or compare other artists who have these anniversary sets, thinking they are perfect as well. Every fan of every artist will nit pick!  Some people will never be happy!

So with all the huge anniversaries that came and went with nothing released (they weren't made up or random as you implied), why are you so certain they're gonna start with LAV this year? 

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

So with all the huge anniversaries that came and went with nothing released (they weren't made up or random as you implied), why are you so certain they're gonna start with LAV this year? 

Exactly! Why is it so glaringly obvious that it is going to start with LAV? Ray of Light 25 could have been a great album to kick the reissues off.

I do find on these forums that some people are quick to use the words “it’s coming this year, mark my words” without having anything substantial to back their “words” up. I’ve learnt to take everything with a pinch of salt these days. Anyone who actually had any legit information on these releases would never hint at them or as it tends to be the case, put other people down for not having a crystal ball and believing that LAV has been the album to kick off the reissues all along.

I agree it would be a great starting point, but I can’t imagine LAV being an album that can be expanded as much as say Ray of Light for example. Ray of Light has many more remixes and (if she chooses) unreleased tracks to be added to a deluxe edition rather than Like a Virgin, which doesn’t have half as many remixes. Just my thoughts. I’m sure all will be revealed at some point. 

9 hours ago, musicinferno said:

It will!  You'll see! :)  Lastly, I didn't "imply" or say anything was "made up".  That is you putting words into to one's mouth.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

That took all of 5 minutes to compile and its stuff we’ve had for decades - it was just a cash grab and not to mention released 18 months ago now 🙄

But that's not true at all. We know they spent days in the studio going through remixes , selecting songs and mixing this.  Again, it's weird how some are downplaying this release as something minimal when it's actually a great compilation.  Not only that, it's just not a typical Greatest Hits Collection, but easily could be one.  We can whine and complain of the few songs that weren't included, but it's a pretty great compilation of all her dance songs.  There is no way that she would have satisfied every fan with this, because we all have our personal tastes regarding the mixes she used. Still, no one can really say this was an awful release. It's pretty incredible!  :party:

True. It’s great. 
It’s not a reissue tho

i hope you’re right and it comes with the LAV anniversary, but even if true that’s November. 3 years would have passed since the announcement hahaha. 

im actually more interested in a new release. It’s been so long since the announcement it’s already 5 years from Madame X. I think at this point a new album would be far more interesting and something to actually look forward too. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:38 PM, Diieeego said:

True. It’s great. 
It’s not a reissue tho

i hope you’re right and it comes with the LAV anniversary, but even if true that’s November. 3 years would have passed since the announcement hahaha. 

im actually more interested in a new release. It’s been so long since the announcement it’s already 5 years from Madame X. I think at this point a new album would be far more interesting and something to actually look forward too. 

But as some conveniently forget the Warner deal wasn't just about the re-issues. It's only some are fixated only on that, when the deal was far much bigger, by also allowing her to curate special releases like FEL and American Life Mix show as well.

Even though, we haven't gotten any expanded re-issues, Warner is still cultivating her back catalog, as stated, it's more than just about the re-issues.  It's also, getting her catalog on digital and streaming services as well as finding ways to get her back catalog out there in other ventures, which I'm sure will come with more re-releases of mixes and singles if not having her music included in other projects such as films, etc.

And I actually agree; I'd love a "new release" as well. But we know that's not gonna come together until after this tour. I don't expect a new album until 2025, at the earliest.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

But as some conveienly forget the Warner deal wasn't just about the re-issues. It's only some are fixated only on that, when the deal was far much bigger, by also allowing her to curate special releases like FEL and American Life Mix show as well.

I don’t think it’s like that. They teased a full platter and are holding up the meat giving us peas in the meantime. 

I truly think it’s not “only some” who are fixated. It’s literally the hook for all of this and it’s been kept from us (assuming it’s still on)

but anyways - I’m enjoying the digital releases, but there was no need to announce anything in 2021 if this was going to be it. It would have been better to not say anything at all and just randomly release stuff like they have been doing

1 minute ago, Diieeego said:

I don’t think it’s like that. They teased a full platter and are holding up the meat giving us peas in the meantime. 

I truly think it’s not “only some” who are fixated. It’s literally the hook for all of this and it’s been kept from us (assuming it’s still on)

but anyways - I’m enjoying the digital releases, but there was no need to announce anything in 2021 if this was going to be it. It would have been better to not say anything at all and just randomly release stuff like they have been doing

For me, I didn't take the Re-issues as the only thing part of the deal. So yes, I still say "only some" are fixated on this.  If more are, that's their problem.  It's clearly outlined what that deal is, but some prefer to only concentrate on certain things.

Also, the deal mentioned that by 2025, all her album will be under Warner, so that is another hint to why I suspect we aren't getting a lot of physical re-issues yet.  Still, I believe by the end of this year, we will see a physical, digital and streaming re-release of LAV. If that includes the first album, than I further welcome that. I personally think FEL was a huge release and shouldn't dismiss that project between MDNA and what comes next. Meanwhile, the tour is her main focus. But it doesn't mean she doesn't have people working on other things regarding her back catalog. :)