MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

9 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Let's not forget that she randomly uploaded Express Yourself and Deeper And Deeper from The Girlie Show in YT recently so they're clearly at least looking into her live shows. 

Imagine a super deluxe edition of LAV:

Remastered album

Deleted/demo tracks 

The Virgin Tour live audio 

The Virgin Tour remastered Blu-ray 

All housed in a beautiful box full of photos including outtakes with the packing held together by a Boy Toy belt. Ahhh a gay can dream 

Meanwhile, I’m fully expecting a Silver LAV vinyl instead. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/11/2024 at 10:38 PM, Prayer said:

Just a tiny little detail some of you seem to forget maybe...

Prince is DEAD. The Prince State chooses what to included between the endless material available: unreleased, alternative, live versions. Nothing can stop them, no one can block it

Don't expect that same level of detail with Madonna if we ever get the reissues. First of all cause she's here with us, so she's gonna decide what's in and what's not and second because her vault is nothing compared to what Prince had.

Expecting a Prince reissue type of affair is just unrealistic.

The Prince reissues are a dream but they would have been not possible with him still between us. He even blocked a "Purple Rain" reissue in 2015, he just wanted to put out the 9-track remastered album without any extra or bonus material and Warner said "no" and saved it until he was gone.

so Warner is still waiting ..... and waiting .... and waiting.... and waiting.... foreverrrrr

10 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Let's not forget that she randomly uploaded Express Yourself and Deeper And Deeper from The Girlie Show in YT recently so they're clearly at least looking into her live shows. 

Remastered album

Deleted/demo tracks 

All housed in a beautiful box full of photos including outtakes with the packing held together by a Boy Toy belt. Ahhh a gay can dream 

You mean the ones from over 2 years ago? YT has had no uploads for over a year, not even a Celebration tour vid.

Your ideas are great, its just not that hard to do which just compounds the lack of any fan releases from M. A Celebration tour without even a basic remastered box set etc speaks to the sheer lack of thought about fans

11 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Remastered album

Deleted/demo tracks 

Unpopular opinion here: in my humble opinion, tours should have their own expanded/deluxe releases separate from studio albums. I mean:

• Albums: with multiple CDs including single edits, remixes, unreleased songs, and video clips.
  • Tours: with several discs, including studio versions, rehearsals, different tour dates, and backdrops.

15 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Unpopular opinion here: in my humble opinion, tours should have their own expanded/deluxe releases separate from studio albums. I mean:

• Albums: with multiple CDs including single edits, remixes, unreleased songs, and video clips.
  • Tours: with several discs, including studio versions, rehearsals, different tour dates, and backdrops.

I get what you're saying, but I'd think packaging them in one complete era is a good idea too.   Virgin Tour seems like a perfect way to package with the Debut and Virgin albums.   Anyway, it's all wishful thinking.  :) 

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

Less than two weeks away from Debut's 41st anniversary, can we expect anything? 

Spoiler: no

How can we expect something this year when last year  on its 40th we got nothin____!

If this November Like a Virgin gets snubbed too I dunno really what to expect this time around...

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

I gave up when they missed the debut's 40th last year. But I'd say this year the next date to watch would be her birthday, August 16th. It's a Friday, so perfect date to announce a... let's say, "Like A Virgin 40" reissue for October/November and drop the first pre-release track that same day.

I don't think it will happen, though.

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

My guess the next big release will be a Celebration Tour Concert release and then possibly something for LAV.  I don't believe they will let LAV 40th pass by without anything, but what they will do, is another different conversation. :laughing:

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

My guess the next big release will be a Celebration Tour Concert release and then possibly something for LAV.  I don't believe they will let LAV 40th pass by without anything, but what they will do, is another different conversation. :laughing:

A pillow, an awful t-shirt, a necklace with a crucifx  and an instagram story with a very-known photo by Steven Meisel. That's all. :bothered2:

I have no hopes anymore about this Warner deal. 

18 minutes ago, bstranger said:

A pillow, an awful t-shirt, a necklace with a crucifx  and an instagram story with a very-known photo by Steven Meisel. That's all. :bothered2:

The Like a Virgin album was not well represented on The Celebration Tour. Madonna album had 3 live performances, True Blue 4 and no live performances from the original Like a Virgin album.

9 minutes ago, bstranger said:

Let's not embellish! :laughing: No major anniversary got such.  Anyway, I'm optimisitc something nice will come.  Of course, some fans will find fault in anything that comes.   

If we don’t get anything in the next 6 months then I think we can assume no expanded albums - I don’t know what celebration tour release could be coming  - a live album seems pointless seeing as most of it was backing tracks and MX tour was only released on vinyl and streaming  

7 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

- I don’t know what celebration tour release could be coming  - a live album seems pointless seeing as most of it was backing tracks and MX tour was only released on vinyl and streaming  

A concert film will be released!  We know it's being worked on as we speak!  And yes, most likely some sort of audio release will happen as well.  Streaming/digital and Vinyl seem most possible as those are the most popular formats these days.

IMO a lot of the issues with delays in reissuing her earlier work, from mid 90s back, is probably due to the limitations of the original contracts between the co-writers / co- producers etc.. That’s just my guess but it’s similar to how some movies never made it from vhs to dvd or streaming because the original agreements didn’t have inclusive language for formats that didn’t exist at the time. This might explain why you’re hearing  versions of songs on Spotify or Apple Music that weren’t on the original album. Even if there’s a re-issue or expanded edition on vinyl, I’m sure they’d want to mirror that on streaming to maximize the $.

5 hours ago, bstranger said:

And fans will eat it up the way everyone bought the sleeves and awful and lazy celebration merch!

well Nostradamnmus mentioned it in one of his very secret documents:

"In the realm of melodious sirens, a celestial creamy dreamy songstress shall bewitch the masses with sweet nothings, yet her enchanted throng shall pine in vain for the keys to unlock the gates of her innermost chamber. The divine instrument she wields shall remain forever locked, its secrets guarded by the keeper of the hidden harmonies. Her most ardent devotees shall find their desires bound by the chains of tantalizing uncertainty, their longing forever left unsatisfied by the silence of her heart.""

there, y'all getting jack squat :Madonna041:

14 hours ago, Adonna said:

I agree. I get the feeling that the debut’s 40th anniversary was not celebrated due to her illness and her stay in the hospital. Let’s not forget that she was very ill at that time and I think looking back now, knowing what we know, it would have been in poor taste to celebrate when she wasn’t in the right place to celebrate. Guy O said at the time that all upcoming plans were on hold, so that tells me something was planned. Let’s wait and see. I don’t think they will let the 40th anniversary of Like a Virgin come and go without any acknowledgment. 

8 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

I agree. I get the feeling that the debut’s 40th anniversary was not celebrated due to her illness and her stay in the hospital. Let’s not forget that she was very ill at that time and I think looking back now, knowing what we know, it would have been in poor taste to celebrate when she wasn’t in the right place to celebrate. Guy O said at the time that all upcoming plans were on hold, so that tells me something was planned. Let’s wait and see. I don’t think they will let the 40th anniversary of Like a Virgin come and go without any acknowledgment. 

I don't think that's the case. The anniversary was July 2023, if anything was planned it would have been announced and ready to go with pre-orders at least two months previous to that. Even if it was planned for later, it would have come in the Fall, vinyl pressings take months in advance and they're not wasted, just delayed (that's what actually happened with the "Madame X Tour" triple vinyl, they just delayed it for some weeks).

There was nothing coming for "Madonna 40", simple as that.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I don't think that's the case. The anniversary was July 2023, if anything was planned it would have been announced and ready to go with pre-orders at least two months previous to that. Even if it was planned for later, it would have come in the Fall, vinyl pressings take months in advance and they're not wasted, just delayed (that's what actually happened with the "Madame X Tour" triple vinyl, they just delayed it for some weeks).

There was nothing coming for "Madonna 40", simple as that.

Well going by that logic, I would assume we won’t be getting anything in the way of reissues full stop then. If they aren’t going to celebrate her 40th anniversary with anything special apart from the tour, they aren’t going to start now. 

Have the lyrics of Madonna's new single been leaked? :laughing:

"Locked Up Tight"

Come on, fans, do you believe in Deluxe Editions?

'Cause I got something to say about it,

And it goes something like this:

Verse 1:

Don't go for leaks, they won't impress me,
Your tears, your cries, they just don't stress me.
Locked in a vault, that's where they will stay,
No deluxe edition's coming your way.

Chorus:

So, what you need is a new desire,
All those demos are stuck in the fire.
Don’t need to show it, baby, just know it,
No unreleased songs, I won’t bestow it.

Verse 2:

You deserve the best in life,
But they’re mine and sealed tight,
You can scream and shout, no chance I'll let them out,
No new remixes, no unreleased hits.

Chorus:

Bridge:

Express yourself, no need for tears,
Respect yourself, for all these years.
The vault's the place where they’ll remain,
No deluxe versions to entertain.

Chorus:

Outro:

Locked up tight, you'll never see,
Those unreleased songs are just for me.
No deluxe editions, that’s the key,
Your cries won't weaken, won’t weaken me.

42 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Well going by that logic, I would assume we won’t be getting anything in the way of reissues full stop then. If they aren’t going to celebrate her 40th anniversary with anything special apart from the tour, they aren’t going to start now. 

Or maybe they won't follow a chronological route and the first one won't be for the first album. Who knows.

I'm sure they're eventually coming. When and how? We'll see.

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Or maybe they won't follow a chronological route and the first one won't be for the first album. Who knows.

I'm sure they're eventually coming. When and how? We'll see.

I would actually prefer them to not follow an anniversary date. I too think they are coming. And I’m sure they will be worth the wait when they do come. Meanwhile it’s nice to have the singles issued to streaming services 😀