Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

47 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Popular" update: 26.518.595 streams.

"Vulgar" update: 2.799.511 streams.

The "Vulgar" elephant in the room is now confirmed: it's slowing down. It started good but now it's doing less and less each day.

New big peaks today:

- "4 Minutes" ("Celebration" Version): 235M

- "Frozen" (Sickick Remix): 134M

- "Frozen" (Album Version): 69M

- "Sorry" (BLOND:ISH Remix): 8M

- "Waiting": 2M

Yeah, I predicted that Vulgar would have a strong initial impact at first and then quickly fall.  While I feel Popular will remain hanging in there. It may fluctuate especially when it's first heard in the episode of "The Idol".  Whether it manages a top 10, initially I thought it has possibility, but I'm not sure anymore.  We'll have to see.  It's just Popular has more support from the GP, while Vulgar doesn't.  It's mainly a fan favorite.

"Double Fantasy" is featured in the 2nd episode of The Idol this week.  I would be curious, @Prayer, @f78kor @milingo83 how much of a streaming increase it gets due to this episode this week, compared to the past.  It could gives us an good indication the impact of "Popular" can have once it appears in an episode.

4 hours ago, tscott said:

"Double Fantasy" is featured in the 2nd episode of The Idol this week.  I would be curious, @Prayer, @f78kor @milingo83 how much of a streaming increase it gets due to this episode this week, compared to the past.  It could gives us an good indication the impact of "Popular" can have once it appears in an episode.

It didnt appear yet? I thought its like the intro jingle or something.

otherwise i hope theirll be a episode which includes the song in a good ways.

also im curious of other collabes they might have in store with madonna…as he said in the interview that well hear more of madonna. But maybe he was jaust talking about her classis, like LAP which appeard in the first episode i think….

7 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

It didnt appear yet? I thought its like the intro jingle or something.

otherwise i hope theirll be a episode which includes the song in a good ways.

also im curious of other collabes they might have in store with madonna…as he said in the interview that well hear more of madonna. But maybe he was jaust talking about her classis, like LAP which appeard in the first episode i think….

No, there is no opening jingle.  In fact, second episode was called "Double Fantasy", so the song is sort of the theme of the episode.  Anyway, it would be interesting to see how that song does since this episode aired to see what sort of impact the show is having on the songs released already.

12 hours ago, tscott said:

Still waiting for yesterday update 😉

2 minutes ago, PHIL said:

overall, the strategy is working well for M. the numbers are rising, people talk about her, she becomes either super cool in certain circles again (vulgar) or a popular pop star (popular) again. can't wait to see what they do once the kick off the tour. 🍿

Agreed! And I wish they had been a bit more like this in the 2010s, just using these little features to bring her into different circles and strengthen the GP with her. A non-album feature with Katy Perry in 2014 around the time of the magazine shoot they were in. Or a single with Lady Gaga in 2011. I know lots don’t like all these features or joint singles but they’re awesome commercial moves. M may not care about all the charts but clearly she finds the ventures fun or Warner is pushing them as part of their marketing plan for her. 

11 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

How does shakira have more streams than M ????

She has the whole latin and spanish market in her pocket. I even like some of her songs, and I'm not a fan of her. 
Also, her Biza session is still being played massively. She knows how to play her cards and people love her in Latam and Spain.

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

How does shakira have more streams than M ????

She broke up with the father of her children last year after he cheated on her with a younger girl and he's a very popular Spanish football player, so it was massive news in all Latin countries. Plus she released four songs about it and everyone was talking about that story for months.

High profile + good songs = exploding.

"Vulgar" update: up to 3.469.888 streams. I'm happy cause it's not slowing down anymore, doing around 600.000/700.000 streams a day which is healthy. But the lack of promo from Team Sam is disappointing. It's not even the artist pick on Sam's Spotify profile and not even included on the official Complete playlist. I just don't get it. Terrible strategy from day 1 with the endless teasers to the lack of effort once released.

Get it together. Now. This could be a decent minor hit if they cared about it.

"Popular" update: up to 28.499.675 streams. It should easily reach 30M tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Vulgar" update: up to 3.469.888 streams. I'm happy cause it's not slowing down anymore, doing around 600.000/700.000 streams a day which is healthy. But the lack of promo from Team Sam is disappointing. It's not even the artist pick on Sam's Spotify profile and not even included on the official Complete playlist. I just don't get it. Terrible strategy from day 1 with the endless teasers to the lack of effort once released.

Get it together. Now. This could be a decent minor hit if they cared about it.

"Popular" update: up to 28.499.675 streams. It should easily reach 30M tomorrow.

Is it possible, the two didn't really care if this was going to become a hit?  Maybe they just wanted to throw it out there, because they knew that it would annoy some people,  yet be heavily panned by the usual suspects and a lot of the general public.  Sometimes, just throwing it out there, to seeing what comes of it, is even better. This way it doesn't seem like either artist is shoving it in anyone's faces. 

26 minutes ago, tscott said:

Is it possible, the two didn't really care if this was going to become a hit?  Maybe they just wanted to throw it out there, because they knew that it would annoy some people,  yet be heavily panned by the usual suspects and a lot of the general public.  Sometimes, just throwing it out there, to seeing what comes of it, is even better. This way it doesn't seem like either artist is shoving it in anyone's faces. 

Maybe. But I don't see the point in getting Madonna in your song and not doing the most about it. Or even the minimum... setting "Vulgar" as Artist Pick on Sam Smith's Spotify page or even the official Complete playlist cost literally nothing.

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Maybe. But I don't see the point in getting Madonna in your song and not doing the most about it. Or even the minimum... setting "Vulgar" as Artist Pick on Sam Smith's Spotify page or even the official Complete playlist cost literally nothing.

Possibly more was planned, but he got sick.  I see that his next tour date is in early July, so maybe they are planning a video together.  Highly unlikely, but who knows?