The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I was always against Madonna appearing for so few seconds in her latest works and collaborations and although I admit that my anger was unfairly directed against the guest singers, describing them as usurpers or opportunists, in the end the decision was not theirs but Madonna's since if she had wanted it, her participation would have been equal to or greater than that of the guest singer. This was also repeated during her live performance at Pride where it was the drag queens who stole much of the show and where Madonna's appearance was quite discreet such as Material Gworll where she was sitting almost the entire time.

This strange tendency to appear as little as possible in her latest works or performances may also be reflected in this new 2023 tour, since apparently now the dancers will be the ones to steal the show or this drag queen whose name is hard for me to remember but who enjoys very famous in the United States.

Let's remember that this tour will be characterized by including many of her greatest hits, which are characterized by being songs full of vitality and energy and where the inclusion of an elaborate choreography is inevitable. Added to this the large number of dates revealed so far and those that will come later. All this means that the theory that Madonna will not have the leading role entirely but that it will be shared does not sound so far-fetched to me. What do I think of this as an ultra fan of Madonna? I definitely don't accept it but maybe seeing the first show and how the ideas are presented aided by the use of technology will make my opinion change radically over time.

2 hours ago, missberic said:

I think Celebration itself would be a nice opening to the show. Not a hit, I know, but fits the bill. The "haven't I seen you somewhere before?" anticipating her entrance like in Future Lovers would be iconic.

And I don't think we can really blame fans who are expecting to see flops on the setlist when she is deliberately teasing songs like Bad Girl, Rescue Me, NRM and Physical Attraction on this so-called "greatest hits tour".

I think a mix of Holiday and Celebration would be a good opener…I feel we will get lower charting songs on the set list too…also I don’t think she has said this is a greatest hits tour…fans have labelled it that..she’s celebrating 4 decades  and I think that’s her way of getting around playing lesser big hits and out of saying it’s a GH.tour. 

10 minutes ago, MartinX said:

I think a mix of Holiday and Celebration would be a good opener…I feel we will get lower charting songs on the set list too…also I don’t think she has said this is a greatest hits tour…fans have labelled it that..she’s celebrating 4 decades  and I think that’s her way of getting around playing lesser big hits and out of saying it’s a GH.tour. 

Amy literally says in the announcement "a world tour and play your greates moterfucking hits" though

7 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Amy literally says in the announcement "a world tour and play your greates moterfucking hits" though

She only confirmed Open Your Heart and La Isla Bonita in that commercial. The rest of the “greatest hits” are up to interpretation by Madonna. But it would not surprise me if she skipped these songs and all the songs she’s been teasing as well. 🤣

Edited by Honey Little (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Exactly. I don’t know why fans keep saying “it was never announced as a greatest hits tour.” It was in the announcement, the press release and the media reports. She even said “I’m going to try and fit as many of my hits into the show as I can” or something to that effect. It is a greatest hits tour.

Whether she defines “greatest hits” the same way as the public is another matter but she will definitely cop shit if she doesn’t deliver what was advertised.

8 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I just knew that this tour was going to be just a larger version of the pride performance, filled with dancers and drag queens performing more of the old songs and Madonna coming on for only the Tokisha, sickkick, material gworl type of modern versions.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I was always against Madonna appearing for so few seconds in her latest works and collaborations and although I admit that my anger was unfairly directed against the guest singers, describing them as usurpers or opportunists, in the end the decision was not theirs but Madonna's since if she had wanted it, her participation would have been equal to or greater than that of the guest singer. This was also repeated during her live performance at Pride where it was the drag queens who stole much of the show and where Madonna's appearance was quite discreet such as Material Gworll where she was sitting almost the entire time.

This strange tendency to appear as little as possible in her latest works or performances may also be reflected in this new 2023 tour, since apparently now the dancers will be the ones to steal the show or this drag queen whose name is hard for me to remember but who enjoys very famous in the United States.

Let's remember that this tour will be characterized by including many of her greatest hits, which are characterized by being songs full of vitality and energy and where the inclusion of an elaborate choreography is inevitable. Added to this the large number of dates revealed so far and those that will come later. All this means that the theory that Madonna will not have the leading role entirely but that it will be shared does not sound so far-fetched to me. What do I think of this as an ultra fan of Madonna? I definitely don't accept it but maybe seeing the first show and how the ideas are presented aided by the use of technology will make my opinion change radically over time.

tumblr_inline_o5el8fUOK01rng87s_500.gif

5 hours ago, missberic said:

I think Celebration itself would be a nice opening to the show. Not a hit, I know, but fits the bill. The "haven't I seen you somewhere before?" anticipating her entrance like in Future Lovers would be iconic.

And I don't think we can really blame fans who are expecting to see flops on the setlist when she is deliberately teasing songs like Bad Girl, Rescue Me, NRM and Physical Attraction on this so-called "greatest hits tour".

Celebration was an actual hit unlike Everybody. It was top 10 in most places but the USA. It even hit top 3 in many countries, including some #1 placements. 

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

You said this really well. Agree.

8 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Unfortunately yes. At her age doing a large world tour, it would make sense as a way to get through it each night. The problem I have, is that I don’t really finding drag queens and dancers, interesting. I like to go for her singing and the live music. But a majority of her fans love dancing and drag queens. I prefer Madonna, the musician and singer.

Only time will tell. Not really down for BTDQ -- only if they are opening guest...like Amy Schumer was.

12 hours ago, milingo83 said:

Every time the Daily Fail or the Sun/Mirror talk about what they know from a source, you clearly know they are talking out their arse

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

This was the last performance we got. If you watch her, and not the dancers, she barely moves and there is no band. To me, this is a small taste of a peak song during the upcoming tour. Thank heavens I made it to see Madame X. Because this type of show doesn’t interest me as much. 

Have you watched Rebel Heart...lol her back up dancers are doing most choreography. Also, she is literally boot camping right now compared to a Pride Performance. I do think Celebration as we see here will be part of the new concert. 

11 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I just knew that this tour was going to be just a larger version of the pride performance, filled with dancers and drag queens performing more of the old songs and Madonna coming on for only the Tokisha, sickkick, material gworl type of modern versions.

Because you've been at all the rehearsals lol wtf

11 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Yup, this is what this topic is like, lmao.

ive even seen people saying she should start with everybody. Imagine having all those hits and starting a greatest hits show with a song that missed every chart back then and doesn’t have a lot of streams these days.

Music or holiday would be better. Or Into the Groove.

I totally agree. Tbh I can’t even remember the VT performance, the only moment of brilliance with Everybody is the one from GS. I get that it’s a song that started it all, but it’s no hit and isn’t even particularly pleasant to listen to 🤣🫣

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Everybody was not a hit when released however it kicked off an exceptional record breaking career, was a highlight on both the Virgin Tour and You Can Dance, was planned for the Blond Ambition Tour setlist and was instead added as the first vocals heard on Express Yourself as the iconic tour opener and was the big closing track for The Girlie Show and that was it's first decade - it has it's place in Madonna's history and she likes it so it would be an epic opener for the tour and if not, would no doubt be on the setlist given she watched her Danceteria performance this week etc

The Girlie Show performance was brilliant indeed.

8 hours ago, rga98 said:

Celebration was a hit everywhere except for the US (as usual)

And thoroughly deserves a place in the setlist.

8 hours ago, rga98 said:

Agree. Tbh after Madame X I didn't think the general public would still be interested in seeing her live but she proved me wrong. But if she pulls a show with drags singing her songs and doing horrible versions of her biggest hits she will tank herself way too deep. Tickets are way too expensive and us (fans) and the GA deserve better than that. I, for one, don't have the highest hopes but to this date she hasn't disappointed me with her live shows. We'll just have to hope and pray that Bob's presence is reduced to a minimum and his comedy or whatever he does is in good taste. I'd rather have dancers doing long interludes with hits that didn't make it. If she needs a break she could pull a Kylie and have a halftime in the middle of the show, after her cancer recovery she's had 20-30 minute breaks mid show in almost every tour but she's usually on time.

Kylie only had the intermission on her 2008 tour, literally it’s been on one tour… unsure about the USA 2009 tour but by 2011 she’s been back to one continuous concert. 

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

That word has been used to describe her by many people for decades. It’s subjective I guess.

Of course she’d never do a performance where she comes out of a vagina like Geri Halliwell because it was just corny . It reminds me of Medusa dare to be truthful with the giant penis.

Oh the memories 🤣

7 hours ago, Future Lover said:

It’s also really wild to be complaining about Bob as if it isn’t incredibly important that someone of Madonna’s stature amplify drag and queer performers when drag queens and queer people are under attack. Bob’s being there is a massive statement and will mean so much to so many people. 

I for one cannot wait to see Bob, and welcome their presence at what is a pivotal time for the wider LGBT+ community.

5 hours ago, RebelHeart said:

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. I don’t know why fans keep saying “it was never announced as a greatest hits tour.” It was in the announcement, the press release and the media reports. She even said “I’m going to try and fit as many of my hits into the show as I can” or something to that effect. It is a greatest hits tour.

Whether she defines “greatest hits” the same way as the public is another matter but she will definitely cop shit if she doesn’t deliver what was advertised.

Some people just won’t accept it’s a GH TOUR. 

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

This was the last performance we got. If you watch her, and not the dancers, she barely moves and there is no band. To me, this is a small taste of a peak song during the upcoming tour. Thank heavens I made it to see Madame X. Because this type of show doesn’t interest me as much. 

I’m all for this, I’d prefer this to anything she did on MX. She’s 65ish, and has had major surgery - she isn’t going to move like MDNA or S&S, she’s so much older and that’s the reality. 

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

Have you watched Rebel Heart...lol her back up dancers are doing most choreography. Also, she is literally boot camping right now compared to a Pride Performance. I do think Celebration as we see here will be part of the new concert. 

And I welcome it 😍

6 hours ago, MartinX said:

The ad literally says “the greatest hits” in the voiceover. It’s a greatest hits tour.

The acrobatics some people are doing here to justify her not doing the show people are expecting and have paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to see :rip:

9 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

The ad literally says “the greatest hits” in the voiceover. It’s a greatest hits tour.

The acrobatics some people are doing here to justify her not doing the show people are expecting and have paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to see :rip:

Exactly. Greatest hits is literally that. There’s no way around it and it’s certainly not the time nor place for BIM or NRM.

Watch her open with Dear Jessie 😒

4 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Yes, thank heavens you saw the Madame X tour where the band took centre stage - drum kits were literally everywhere, and with even with her broken hip she was doing Parkour all over those theatres after the Beer Chat.

53 minutes ago, scion said:

Exactly. Greatest hits is literally that. There’s no way around it and it’s certainly not the time nor place for BIM or NRM.

Watch her open with Dear Jessie 😒

It makes people think theyre clever by suggesting she's going to pull out Falling Free, Im Addicted, Gang Bang and Pretender. Let them have their little moment. :lol:

25 minutes ago, andifeel said:

Yes, thank heavens you saw the Madame X tour where the band took centre stage - drum kits were literally everywhere, and with even with her broken hip she was doing Parkour all over those theatres after the Beer Chat.

21 minutes ago, andifeel said:

It makes people think theyre clever by suggesting she's going to pull out Falling Free, Im Addicted, Gang Bang and Pretender. Let them have their little moment. :lol:

Oh Neil,  in another place, at a different time you’d be lucky star… 

never change 🤣

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic