The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

3 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Well apart from that tiny little kitten heel of an excuse for a shoe she was wearing during the Dick Tracey segment she was in flats for BA, so it doesn't bother me. Of course there are flats and there are flats

Plus Material Girl, Cherish, and Into The Groove. But you're right, it won't bother me either as long as they're less ugly than her BA and WTG shoes. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

She’s been rehearsing in heels

Oh?? I must have missed that part. 

9 hours ago, kesiak said:

I can't stand reality TV, don't watch any but I really enjoy Drag Race. I stayed away from it for many years precisely because I thought it's trash TV relying on bitchiness. But it's actually so much more than that. There's a huge heart at the centre of the show, it tackles many relevant issues regarding the LGBT community and it also challenged my own preconceptions about drag and perhaps some of my internalised homophobia. I'm not saying everyone should watch or enjoy it but I don't think it's fair to brush it off as another superficial reality TV trash. :) 

I watch it, but it is trash.

They constantly set the contestants up to be catty and mean to one another. Bringing in pairs of drag queens that they know don’t get along, have beef, etc.

I like the show, but let’s not pretend it’s any different from any other reality show (they thrive on drama and welcome it (ratings)).

7 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I watch it, but it is trash.

They constantly set the contestants up to be catty and mean to one another. Bringing in pairs of drag queens that they know don’t get along, have beef, etc.

I like the show, but let’s not pretend it’s any different from any other reality show (they thrive on drama and welcome it (ratings)).

And then Rupaul, who never speaks to or makes eye contact with any of them off camera wraps it up by saying “if you can’t love yourself how the hell ya gonna love someone else”

*credits roll*

:04:

This discussion about the supertalented Bob The Drag Queen takes me back to 2012, when the special guests of Madonna´s SuperBowl performance were announced.

Fans got mad about M sharing the 13 only minutes show with 4 special guests (LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A, and Cee Lo Green). When the show was over, we  barely remembered the guests. It was all about Madonna. 

Guys, it´s Madonna. Relax. She won´t let anyone steal her thunder. Never did. Never will. Let´s end this discussion, please. 

I'd prefer like a shirtless middle aged bearded bear with a hairy belly, that would be hot.

In any case, I think the concern is we are going to see Madonna.  When it comes down to it, that's the main thing.  We have zero control over the planning of the show. Good thing too or I'd doubt there would be one. No one would agree lol

3 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

I wonder if it was a hot white young muscled shirtless straight guy doing the same Bob will do - whatever it will be - the bad feelings of some Madonna fans would be the same. :Madonna005:

Well they’ve never been worried about shirtless male backing dancers featured in every interlude stealing her thunder so that should answer your question

11 hours ago, Lorx said:

As for the opening, the most obvious choice would be Celebration, since it is the Celebration Tour. 
The performance would be roughly that of Pride 2022.

I agree think the performances at Pride will included and be largely unchanged - noticed she often includes the performances again that she has used in promotional performances in the run up to the tour and does not change them much at all. So that means the version of Hung Up will be the 2022 version and same for Material Girl. Wish she would change it up to be honest and give us something different 

5 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Hahaha I was there on the USA opening night, nobody payed any attention to poor technotronic 

They were much better than the support act for The Girlie Show, people paid even less attention to them lol there may as well have been no one performing at Wembley as an opening act for the girlie show the crowd were so not interested lol 

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

I agree think the performances at Pride will included and be largely unchanged - noticed she often includes the performances again that she has used in promotional performances in the run up to the tour and does not change them much at all. So that means the version of Hung Up will be the 2022 version and same for Material Girl. Wish she would change it up to be honest and give us something different 

Actually, she doesn't.  There are only a few performances she's done outside her tours that were just like the performances on tour.  "Bye Bye Baby" performance at VMA's probably is most like what was performed on tour, being she was weeks away from her first show.  Other than a few other performances that took certain elements from some promotional performances, most were greatly changed.  "4 Minutes" and "Candy Shop"  had some some resemblances for Hard Candy promo to S&ST.  Maybe the staircase for "Express Yourself" at the '89 VMA was the inspiration for the one used on Blond Ambition.  Point being, most of her promos weren't the same as what was performed later on tour.

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

You wish she would change something that you think but do not know will be happening?

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Actually, she doesn't.  There are only a few performances she's done outside her tours that were just like the performances on tour.  "Bye Bye Baby" performance at VMA's probably is most like what was performed on tour, being she was weeks away from her first show.  Other than a few other performances that took certain elements from some promotional performances, most were greatly changed.  "4 Minutes" and "Candy Shop"  had some some resemblances for Hard Candy promo to S&ST.  Maybe the staircase for "Express Yourself" at the '89 VMA was the inspiration for the one used on Blond Ambition.  Point being, most of her promos weren't the same as what was performed later on tour.

Living For Love, American Life, God Control, Impressive Instant (kind of), Hung Up, Don't Tell Me, Bye Bye Baby, Express Yourself (kind of), 4 Minutes, Music (Hard Candry Era)...just on the top of my head. Oh, I Rise & Candy Shop 

Imo her promotional tours get the ball rolling. I wish we had Bedtime Story via the Brit Awards. I need that song.

34 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Living For Love, American Life, God Control, Impressive Instant (kind of), Hung Up, Don't Tell Me, Bye Bye Baby, Express Yourself (kind of), 4 Minutes, Music (Hard Candry Era)...just on the top of my head. Oh, I Rise & Candy Shop 

Imo her promotional tours get the ball rolling. I wish we had Bedtime Story via the Brit Awards. I need that song.

I have to question some of those mentions, but I agree and also noted that Candy Shop and 4 Minutes are somewhat similar in performances when it comes to promo and tour performances.  My point was in regards to it not having changes.  Other than Bye Bye Baby,  there were some significant changes on all the others.  Maybe less on Living For Love and few other recent promotional performances such as I Rise and God Control, but there still was some significant changes.  Even Vogue pride performance had some similarities to your point, but again it wasn't exactly the same.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

I have to question some of those mentions, but I agree and stated that Candy Shop and 4 Minutes are somewhat similar in performances when it comes to promo and tour performances.  My point is, other than Bye Bye Baby,  there were some significant changes on all the others.  Maybe less on Living For Love and few other recent promotional performances such as I Rise and God Control, but there still was some significant changes.  Even Vogue pride performance had some similarities, but again it wasn't exactly the same.

Ya. Usually her promotional tours are her "warm up" which she hasn't done for the first time for this tour.

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

Ya. Usually her promotional tours are her "warm up" which she hasn't done for the first time for this tour.

I can see her bringing a few elements from Pride to this tour.  For instance, she could bring that same vibe and dance routine for "Celebration" on this tour and it will work.  Anyway, those were just three actual performances, and I'm doubting she's going to perform the other songs. 

50 minutes ago, tscott said:

I can see her bringing a few elements from Pride to this tour.  For instance, she could bring that same vibe and dance routine for "Celebration" on this tour and it will work.  Anyway, those were just three actual performances, and I'm doubting she's going to perform the other songs. 

Celebration would be nice. The others Nah lol

27 minutes ago, tscott said:

I agree.  If anything, I can see some of those mixed in briefly with their respected songs.  I also am betting that the Frozen Sickick Mix will pop up someway as well.

I didn't mind Frozen Sickick -- surprisingly out of them all that's my fav one. As much hatred it got on this forum...I wasn't in to it much back then too, but it's grown on me.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic