The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

2 hours ago, stefo said:

NOT REQUESTED AT ALL :lol: JUST FOR FUN IN A HOT LAZY SUMMER AFTERNOON 

1. GIRLIE SHOW (narratively impeccable, musically and sonically unparalleled, theatrically creative and unique as nothing before and after, this is M the artist for me)
  2. Blond Ambition (it definitely made history, could really be defined as iconic and was damn bold - but truly damn bold: how many can honestly say this about their shows? This is why M is the Queen, because she TOOK VALUE)
  3. ReInvention (her maturity turning point before the videogame kind of shows she went on producing after that - yes, I'm almost 46 guys, that's a fact :lol: , essential and effective at the same time, the last one wich tracks reworks still was musically interesting imo. A very few low points - Express yourself, Into the groove and Papa don't preach)
  4. Rebel Heart (the main exception among her recent works: a major, people connecting, authentic, kind of performance, full of ironic and relaxed moments, some excellent theatric and musical numbers, but her creativity and sound were not at her golden days level for me. Still one of her bests :heart:)
  5. Who's that girl (the most rockish and energetic performing of her career, the perfect debut world tour, where the point was her and her alone: I still have goose bamps when she screams that final echoed "I love you Italy! ... holidayyyyy!")
  6. Confessions (M at her best form, no doubt about that: vocally, phisically, as a performer and a star, she perfectly balances her huge diva charisma with nice audience interactions and some intimate moments, the production is huge. The reason why it's here is that I feel it as the beginning of the change: the sound starts to be cold and prerecorded, the serious messages are taken as a part of the character and not as something to dive into - I mean in the second set she talks about children dieing by aids in Africa, the Israeli-Palestinian war, women fighting for their rights in fundamentalist islamic cultures, one pour song, I mean, those are not easy issues to fill coreos with some kind of humanitarian contents. Many low points: all the interludes, Jump, Live to tell - the cross is a gorgeous but boring idea, Isaac, I love NY, Paradise, La Isla bonita, Lucky star ... sorry. Maybe the most elegant costumes, even if not all that effective)
  7. Drowned world (it was the first time I saw her live and unfortunately I was disappointed: the things I really liked were the second set and the Lo que siente la mujer/La isla bonita number: Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light tours will always be my greatest regrets. Beautiful geisha costumes though and when it worked it really worked).
  8. MDNA (wow what a production, her best ever ... but a concert needs a good tracklist to work and the album was cheap as some of the old catalogue tracks rearrangements: the one minute long Papa don't preach, Hung what the fuck UP, Express yourself, Open your heart, the Like a virgin waltz could have been a good idea but she already did it much more poeticly and ironicly in the Girlie Show. I'm still crazy for Gang Bang though, the third set was perfection, especially Human Nature and Love Spent, and I ADORE the I'm a sinner/CyberRaga performance, that was creative, joyful and easy. This tour, after Madame X, shows some of her worst costumes)
  9. Madame X (a missed opportunity, she should have experimented more imo, tha album was good and offered many chances to revisit interesting tracks from her old catalogue. Human Nature, Batuka, Extreme Occident and Come Alive are the picks imo. Her worst opening number ever.)
  10. Sticky and sweet (It was the first time I took my - at that time - new boyfriend to a Madonna show and I felt like shit: except Candy Shop, Vogue and La Isla Bonita/Lela pala tute, I HATED IT :lol: we've been together for 14 years though, he forgave me)
  11. Virgin (she was just starting and the show was basic as her performing abilities imo, she was beginning to explore and made it nicely but it's impossible to parallel that show even to WTG for me)

I LOVED MDNA tour. Great reflection on your Madonna experience. Thanks for sharing xo

I've only watched each of her tours 1 time (besides Madame X Tour which I saw both live and on the Paramount+ special) but the Drowned World Tour is my favorite :hearteyes: I really love the themed sections of that show. They appeal to my interests. Confessions is my second favorite.

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I've only watched each of her tours 1 time (besides Madame X Tour which I saw both live and on the Paramount+ special) but the Drowned World Tour is my favorite :hearteyes: I really love the themed sections of that show. They appeal to my interests. Confessions is my second favorite.

Her voice is so perfect in the DWT :hearteyes:

8 hours ago, stefo said:

NOT REQUESTED AT ALL :lol: JUST FOR FUN IN A HOT LAZY SUMMER AFTERNOON 

1. GIRLIE SHOW (narratively impeccable, musically and sonically unparalleled, theatrically creative and unique as nothing before and after, this is M the artist for me)
  2. Blond Ambition (it definitely made history, could really be defined iconic and was damn bold - but truly damn bold: how many can honestly say this about their shows? This is why M is the Queen, because she TOOK VALUE)
  3. ReInvention (her maturity turning point before the videogame kind of shows she went on producing after that - yes, I'm almost 46 guys, that's a fact :lol: , essential and effective at the same time, the last one wich tracks reworks still was musically interesting imo. A very few low points - Express yourself, Into the groove and Papa don't preach)
  4. Rebel Heart (the main exception among her recent works: a major, people connecting, authentic, kind of performance, full of ironic and relaxed moments, some excellent theatric and musical numbers, but her creativity and sound were not at her golden days level for me. Still one of her bests :heart:)
  5. Who's that girl (the most rockish and energetic performing of her career, the perfect debut world tour, where the point was her and her alone: I still have goose bamps when she screams that final echoed "I love you Italy! ... holidayyyyy!")
  6. Confessions (M at her best form, no doubt about that: vocally, phisically, as a performer and a star, she perfectly balances her huge diva charisma with nice audience interactions and some intimate moments, the production is huge. The reason why it's here is that I feel it as the beginning of the change: the sound starts to be cold and prerecorded, the serious messages are taken as a part of the character and not as something to dive into - I mean in the second set she talks about children dieing by aids in Africa, the Israeli-Palestinian war, women fighting for their rights in fundamentalist islamic cultures, one pour song, I mean, those are not easy issues to fill coreos with some kind of humanitarian contents. Many low points: all the interludes, Jump, Live to tell - the cross is a gorgeous but boring idea, Isaac, I love NY, Paradise, La Isla bonita, Lucky star ... sorry. Maybe the most elegant costumes, even if not all that effective)
  7. Drowned world (it was the first time I saw her live and unfortunately I was disappointed: the things I really liked were the second set and the Lo que siente la mujer/La isla bonita number: Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light tours will always be my greatest regrets. Beautiful geisha costumes though and when it worked it really worked).
  8. MDNA (wow what a production, her best ever ... but a concert needs a good tracklist to work and the album was cheap as some of the old catalogue tracks rearrangements: the one minute long Papa don't preach, Hung what the fuck UP, Express yourself, Open your heart, the Like a virgin waltz could have been a good idea but she already did it much more poeticly and ironicly in the Girlie Show. I'm still crazy for Gang Bang though, the third set was perfection, especially Human Nature and Love Spent, and I ADORE the I'm a sinner/CyberRaga performance, that was creative, joyful and easy. This tour, after Madame X, shows some of her worst costumes)
  9. Madame X (a missed opportunity, she should have experimented more imo, tha album was good and offered many chances to revisit interesting tracks from her old catalogue. Human Nature, Batuka, Extreme Occident and Come Alive are the picks imo. Her worst opening number ever.)
  10. Sticky and sweet (It was the first time I took my - at that time - new boyfriend to a Madonna show and I felt like shit: except Candy Shop, Vogue and La Isla Bonita/Lela pala tute, I HATED IT :lol: we've been together for 14 years though, he forgave me)
  11. Virgin (she was just starting and the show was basic as her performing abilities imo, she was beginning to explore and made it nicely but it's impossible to parallel that show even to WTG for me)

Really enjoyed reading this. I don't know about anyone else, but it's always fun to read from other fans at length, who share their experiences regarding Madonna.  I also agree with so much of your assessments here.  Then there are some things I don't, but that's what makes the world go around!  Well written and very engaging!  Thanks again! :luv:

WORST NUMBER FROM EACH TOUR (in no particular order):

The Girlie Show - Erotica 

Drowned World Tour - Beautiful Stranger

Blond Ambition Tour - Now I’m Following You part 1

MDNA Tour - Like a Prayer

Who’s That Girl Tour - Dress You Up

Reinvention Tour - Frozen

Confessions Tour - Sorry

The Virgin Tour - Holiday 

Rebel Heart Tour - Holiday 

Madame X Tour - Express Yourself 

Sticky & Sweet Tour - Beat Goes On 

Best number from each tour:

The Virgin Tour: Holiday
Who's That Girl Tour: Lucky Star
Blond Ambition Tour: Like a Prayer
The Girlie Show: Justify my Love
Drowned World Tour: Mer Girl/Sky fits Heaven
Re-invention Tour: Vogue
Confessions Tour: Future Lovers
Sticky & Sweet Tour: Vogue
MDNA Tour: Gang Bang
Rebel Heart Tour: Music (In person/colour version not film version)
Madame X Tour: Extreme Occident (In person version not film version)

Best number from each tour:

The Virgin Tour: Dress You Up
Who's That Girl Tour: Who’s That Girl
Blond Ambition Tour: Express Yourself
The Girlie Show: Fever
Drowned World Tour: Impressive Instant
Re-invention Tour: Vogue
Confessions Tour: Future Lovers/Erotica
Sticky & Sweet Tour: Vogue
MDNA Tour: Girl Gone Wild
Rebel Heart Tour: Music/Material Girl
Madame X Tour: Frozen

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Best number from each tour:
Madame X Tour: Extreme Occident (In person version not film version)

Yeah I loved that in person was by far the best point in the show - so emotional and the staging stunning to watch  - but didn't translate in the film the same way maybe was how they filmed and edited it? But her tours since MDNA onwards have been let down by their editing so guess it's a victim of that

59 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Yeah I loved that in person was by far the best point in the show - so emotional and the staging stunning to watch  - but didn't translate in the film the same way maybe was how they filmed and edited it? But her tours since MDNA onwards have been let down by their editing so guess it's a victim of that

The filming/editing of the show was great overall. But that song didn't translate as well. Part of it is the vocals which were more raw and emotional live.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic