The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

7 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

If she gets THAT hit song and the era will follow I do feel she should Collab with Ariana, Billie Eilish and things ahead of her next album to really build her portfolio and awareness before next album I know albums aren't THE talking point it's all in merchandise and things but she could nail it next era 

I rather her not collab with them.  After all, she already did one collab with Ariana already.  I think she'll be hooking up with more and more urban acts.  If anything, if she's going to collab with anyone else, it should be something fresh and not just something everyone else already hopped on before. I think it would be cool if she hopped on someone else covering her song.  Kinda like how Aerosmith did back in 1987 with Walk This Way.  RUN DMC covered Aerosmith's song, and they hopped on it and it was a huge success for the song and for them. They were back on top with a new album and for several years, they were having great success. She needs something like this happen to her. 

8 hours ago, McDonna said:

I rather her not collab with them.  After all, she already did one collab with Ariana already.  I think she'll be hooking up with more and more urban acts.  If anything, if she's going to collab with anyone else, it should be something fresh and not just something everyone else already hopped on before. I think it would be cool if she hopped on someone else covering her song.  Kinda like how Aerosmith did back in 1987 with Walk This Way.  RUN DMC covered Aerosmith's song, and they hopped on it and it was a huge success for the song and for them. They were back on top with a new album and for several years, they were having great success. She needs something like this happen to her. 

Yeah I see what you mean ! But I guess she did that with Into the Hollywood Groove in 2003 with Missy Elliott

Nicki Minaj with Cyndi lauper has done it with girls just wanna have fun too...so I dunno if Madonna would get that route or not 

On 3/2/2024 at 5:06 PM, dave2290 said:

truth!

rebel heart deserve much bigger recognition......

Lyrically it is a fantastic album, but those Diplo beats aged like milk. I truly respect those who enjoy it, and I'm happy that there are people out there that honestly can listen to it, but I will be that person who says that it prefers the demos over the finished material.

Rebel Heart, Hold Tight, Heart Break City with that amazing orchestra, Graffiti Heart with Madonna having fun and screaming on "love is pain, pain is art" part, Wash All Over Me, (Make the) Devil Pray with extra beats felt fresh, young and overall FUN. Totally the opposite of the finished material. Bitter and heavy.  (Ghosttown is amazing, tho, one of her best songs in  years)

I absolutely can't appreciate Rebel Heart as it was released.  And It's a funny contradiction, bc I always fall in love with it when I listen to the demos. 

6 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Lyrically it is a fantastic album, but those Diplo beats aged like milk. I truly respect those who enjoy it, and I'm happy that there are people out there that honestly can listen to it, but I will be that person who says that it prefers the demos over the finished material.

Rebel Heart, Hold Tight, Heart Break City with that amazing orchestra, Graffiti Heart with Madonna having fun and screaming on "love is pain, pain is art" part, Wash All Over Me, (Make the) Devil Pray with extra beats felt fresh, young and overall FUN. Totally the opposite of the finished material. Bitter and heavy.  (Ghosttown is amazing, tho, one of her best songs in  years)

I absolutely can't appreciate Rebel Heart as it was released.  And It's a funny contradiction, bc I always fall in love with it when I listen to the demos. 

I vaguely remember Madonna said in some interview that the focus was on the witting good songs rather than focusing much on production. 

It seems sad to me so many fans hate on her material post confessions ....like everything from debut 1982-2005 is acclaimed lauded praise yet 2007-prssent fans bashing hate on tear apart 

It's sad really to think that her art isn't as appreciated now she's over 50 within her own fanbsse I think that's because she does all she wants to do rather than what fans need her to do as such 

To me HC was compared to the incredible previous era but stands strong too, MDNA was a sonic angry rave of energy she was going through and I feel is more kayeredbtgsn people credit for 

Rebel Heart felt like hit after hit on the album seriously should've been up there Madame X is a bizarre one but again I love it so much and how detailed it went 

I fear that the fan reaction and things are why she won't release another especially the dlcurrent climate 

14 hours ago, RebelMe said:

Awww I remember the entire lead up ,  and leaks and hype and hysteria fans at each other relentlessly for who did and didn't hear the album ....to me whilst yes Diplo style may be a bit....of a niche as such it also comes across timeless too in the fact that it doesn't sound of its era like Rebel Heart could be released now and hit hard genuinely 

We all have angles and opinions on it of course ....my opinion too is why did it take this long for her to release 23 songs on an album all her delos from other eras would be legendary on disc too!! Plus imagine the streams levels too oh my days! Imagine that hehe! One can dream 

But yeah I remember this artwork used on the rebel heart leaks oh my goodness what a time to be alive a decade ago ....mortified that it all hampered hitting number 1 

madonna-rebel-heart-leak-topline-bb1-2015-billboard-650.jpg

I would love a  "Madonna's Version" of Rebel Heart. She could release it the way she was aiming it to be. Two sides of every story, the rebel and the heart. If I do remember it correctly, even Bitch I'm Madonna was rushed and the edit that got into the album is not the final one. Diplo released the final version on his Soundcloud

It would be a smart play to release it again, it have the potential to boost her streaming catalog and would please most of her fans, as well. 

5 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

I would love a  "Madonna's Version" of Rebel Heart. She could release it the ways she was aiming it to be. Two sides of every story, the rebel and the heart. If I do remember it correctly, even Bitch I'm Madonna was rushed and the edit that got into the album is not the final one. Diplo released the final version on his Soundcloud

It would be a smart play to release it again, it have the potential to boost her streaming catalog and would please most of her fans, as well. 

From what I remember it stressed her out much like GAGA with ARTPOP, I don't think she wants to remember Rebel Heart and the sheer chaos of that album era sadly despite it being great and one of my top 10 of the year still bless

16 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

From what I remember it stressed her out much like GAGA with ARTPOP, I don't think she wants to remember Rebel Heart and the sheer chaos of that album era sadly despite it being great and one of my top 10 of the year still bless

I totally agree. But at the same time, it would be an important message saying that she's owning back the artistry that got ripped away from her back then because of the leaks.

In the end is all about if she loves her catalog or not. And if she's ok with it, we can do nothing about it. The only good thing is that we can build or own version of the album and appreciate as we would like it to be. 

30 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

I totally agree. But at the same time, it would be an important message saying that she's owning back the artistry that got ripped away from her back then because of the leaks.

In the end is all about if she loves her catalog or not. And if she's ok with it, we can do nothing about it. The only good thing is that we can build or own version of the album and appreciate as we would like it to be. 

That's true I think that's one thing she didn't adapt to was the current climate of music in the 2010s I feel she could've absolutely nailed it with her last three albums from the off and fuse it altogether and keep from being problematic to really ensure success across the board but alas ....

Posted this in another thread but ....I've wanted Madonna to work with DEV HYNES for the longest time ....a dream pop punky funky neo soul dance pop album would be so so gorgeous ....this fab edit a few years ago is a visual of the sound I imagine her doing if that makes sense 

Like fans always want her to do another ROL or COADF but this will be her with a fellow creative to put it together that's my dream JAMIE XX/ROMY too to contribute their indie chillwave style 

IMG_20240304_184014.jpg

4 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I want her to just work entirely with Max Martin. Secure those hits hunny

Knowing her though it won't be typical max Martin fare ....seriously though it astou D's me she did not work with him back in 2012 on MDNA like imagine the pair of them doing a Royksopp Robyn esque album post guy itchy 

12 hours ago, skyfitswim said:

i really hope she will work with some top producers again old and new ones and give us a killer album with no filler/shit songs and with great lyrics and vocals and production 

Thing is there'll always be albums where some songs stick and other songs simply won't ever stick with people ...she could do a 10 track album sbfbstill have sings people will say oh where's the vogue?! Where's the like a prayer?! Where's the frozen?! Where's the hung up?! It's crazy really that in 42 years she's still got people wanting certain things to the point where we won't ever be happy 

With Cher and Kylie fandoms it's interesting because they lap up every release,n and sells well and decent and chart well regardless I mean Kylie's last three albums have been consistent in quality sales and fandom appreciation, Cher too be it original material, abba covers or Christmas album fans lap it up 

With Madonna it's different because she set such a high standard enduring successful bold huge reinventions album to album and for the past 15 years I feel fans just lash out whatever she does now won't ever get full support when I argue that she hasn't ever put out an album where she hasn't done amazing things with ....don't I wish that had more success ...of course 

20 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Posted this in another thread but ....I've wanted Madonna to work with DEV HYNES for the longest time ....a dream pop punky funky neo soul dance pop album would be so so gorgeous ....this fab edit a few years ago is a visual of the sound I imagine her doing if that makes sense 

Like fans always want her to do another ROL or COADF but this will be her with a fellow creative to put it together that's my dream JAMIE XX/ROMY too to contribute their indie chillwave style 

IMG_20240304_184014.jpg

Amazing

5 hours ago, Gonzus said:

It's an incredible album

So pleased to meet fellow rebel heart era fans ❤️🔥 

Living for love could've been a solo smash hit I think in 2015; the production is so sleek I ADORED the robin skouteris remix mash up of living for love what is love 

Definitely worth checking out ten years later still sounds incredible ! Rebel Heart era deserved it's flowers of all albums released that year it was one of my favourites up there with Florence and the Machine, The Weeknd, Madonna and Adele were the highlights of a pretty dull year sadly 

7 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Amazing

I love that fab art ....to me I'd adore an album like that aesthetic pinks and blues just so dreamy 

But yeah I mean Hard Candy should've been far huger imo, MDNA also I feel if more cohesive should've been huge, Rebel Heart was a big blockbuster but performed like an A24 film box office and Madame X even less but deserved to compete 

Padam Padam proved a pop veteran can nail a hit song easily solo if it hits right....Kylie had three number 1 albums in a row across 5 years ! She built up whereas Madonna's most recent in the UK was 12 years ago sadly RH, MX and 40 years compilation all should've easily topped the charts ....easily ! 

In terms of duets Madonna could've had huge hits already with others the past decade .... Like Gaga and Ariana I often think of my days Madonna could've had a pop anthems like that with Rihanna or something 

I feel was wasted opportunity between album eras to sustain it like she did with Britney in between American life and confessions eras 

I think the most logical way forward for her is to write a huge single with someone like Max Martin as a solo version and then have a bunch of remixes with big artists. Then add remixes / versions at two week intervals to keep momentum up and then the song has to do its own work.

released every two weeks. 

1. Max Martin single solo version (single edit)
  2. club remixes
  3. big feature (Ariana / Katy / Weekend / Bad Bunny) etc
  4. Club remixes with features
  5. Acoustic Version 
  6. Sped up / Slowed down for the tacky-tockers
  7. Music Video

Whatever she does it needs constant traction.

21 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Do people still think she will have hits now on her own ? 😂😝 unless she does a duet with TS or Drake - forget it 

Never thought we would see this but I think tide has changed for her and maybe she has another go. "Popular" has done wonders for her and the tour has helped as well. If you read the comments on the "Popular" video most of them are good about her. The reactions to the tour are almost always positive too. This is a first in more than a decade. Media and people are rooting for her.

With the right smash hit, good promo and yeah, maybe some feat. remixes/versions as @steady75said, she'll maybe able to make history again and make yet another big commercial comeback.

She's not gonna stop after this tour, that's for sure.