POPULAR

20 hours ago, Frank said:

We r not getting the OST on a physical CD? It was up for preorders on some sites but then it was deleted...

It was planned but looks like they changed the strategy to singles each week with the new songs of each episode.

I guess an album will definitely follow later, the series are 6 episodes so we'll know #soon I guess!

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
On 6/23/2023 at 1:26 PM, Frank said:

We r not getting the OST on a physical CD? It was up for preorders on some sites but then it was deleted...

I saw something on twitter suggesting that the full length soundtrack may have been cancelled altogether, and the songs already released will become standalone singles, along w/episodic eps that have a couple tracks. It’s speculation but who knows. You can’t seem to preorder or pre-save the full album anywhere anymore.

2 hours ago, f78k said:

Popular could be Top 20 in the UK 🤞🏻
UK Mid-Week Wednesday Singles: #20 (+05) Popular

https://twitter.com/MadonnaRecords/status/1674039778403131393

7E373E12-84B2-4267-B2A1-02ACE2A1B08C.jpeg

Hope it stays in the top 20, it seems to be increasing day by day. It would be annoying if it returned to its #21 peak again 

This is all great.

I do wonder however wether in 20 years time after another 20 high profile features du jour her whole top ten on Spotify will be dominated by these late day features and her actual real catalogue will be buried somewhere down the list. 

I know that sounds silly but it's entirely possible. By next year (maybe even Christmas) I believe Popular will do five times its current streams based on its numbers today and will become her most popular song on Spotify. Bookmark me. While I'm so happy for her success I think that's kind of tragic in a way. It's a pretty bland faceless song for M. I'd hate for someone discovering her in a decade to log in to see:

Madonna

1. Popular (The WKND feat Madonna)
  2. Creepy Spider Bitch (Billie Eilish Feat Madonna)
  3. Old Town Hoe (Lil Nas X feat Madonna)
  4. Candy Shop Paint (Post Malonna)
  5. Frozen (Sicick RIP Madonna Formaldehyde mix)
  6. Are You Ready To La Jumpa (Bad Bunny Feat Madonna)
  7. Padam Padam  (mAIdonna refix) 
  8. Butter (her legs were like) (BTS Feat Momalla)
  9. Kill Bill Who Is Partying (SZA ft Madonna)
  10. Music Makes The People Come To A Sushi Restaurant (Harry Styles ft Madonna)

25. Material Girl

26. Hung Up

know what I mean like

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

This is all great.

I do wonder however wether in 20 years time after another 20 high profile features du jour her whole top ten on Spotify will be dominated by these late day features and her actual real catalogue will be buried somewhere down the list. 

I know that sounds silly but it's entirely possible. By next year (maybe even Christmas) I believe Popular will do five times its current streams based on its numbers today and will become her most popular song on Spotify. Bookmark me. While I'm so happy for her success I think that's kind of tragic in a way. It's a pretty bland faceless song for M. I'd hate for someone discovering her in a decade to log in to see:

Madonna

1. Popular (The WKND feat Madonna)
  2. Creepy Spider Bitch (Billie Eilish Feat Madonna)
  3. Old Town Hoe (Lil Nas X feat Madonna)
  4. Candy Shop Paint (Post Malonna)
  5. Frozen (Sicick RIP Madonna Formaldehyde mix)
  6. Are You Ready To La Jumpa (Bad Bunny Feat Madonna)
  7. Padam Padam  (mAIdonna refix) 
  8. Butter (her legs were like) (BTS Feat Momalla)
  9. Kill Bill Who Is Parting (SZA ft Madonna)
  10. Music Makes The People Come To A Sushi Restaurant (Harry Styles ft Madonna)

25. Material Girl

26. Hung Up

know what I mean like

I'm dead 

Picsart_23-06-28_10-32-59-203.thumb.jpg.fa608d2efc3b074044942bb0347b0c25.jpg

A cute compilation cover to add!

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic