POPULAR

2 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

What? 

ppl don't need watch music videos since Spotify take off in last couple of years

Just look at the statistics of English music videos in recent years compare to YouTube peak 2013-2017 when every crap easily making 500 ml views

now biggest hits is struggling to make even 50-70 ml 

public now use YouTube for old music videos and still doing quite good numbers in Latin and Asia since Spotify and etc not big here and youtube is still a main streaming platform for them

Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours WW

zjZ7tkNRt3c.jpg?size=1766x1581&quality=9

the 1 and only english music video in whole top 20 is Crazy Frog :laughing: (since kids use it 24/7) 

and English top WW 

Only 1 video over 1 ml views and most of them are old or from recent years 

xA8VoutfmxA.jpg?size=1903x1677&quality=9

@Askeroff @nito84bcn maybe VEEPS is the future of music video streaming:

https://veeps.com/browse

Streets are saying Renaissance World Tour concert film is going right to there, to several other concert films follow suit (including Madonna's).

I'd just kill to have to pay $12 to more a thing like this.

EDIT: btw, I am NOT promoting this thing as people may deduct; I just want the end to TikTok to all my forces.

Not the SuperBowl, not following the musical trends of the moment, not working with fashionable producers, not reviving old classics camouflaged in modern and reductive versions like Frozen or Hung Up. None of that served to recover the lost success. Nothing. Who would have imagined that the key to achieving all this was so simple: collaborating with the most successful and powerful artist of the moment: The Weeknd. This collaboration has been so powerful that it has managed to break down even the most resistant walls that misogyny and ageism had imposed on Madonna in recent years by refusing to play her music on radio stations or ignore her presence on the music scene to name a few examples

Finally, Madonna has won and I wonder: if the solution was so simple, why didn't she do it before? Did she think that by collaborating with fashionable but powerless artists like Nicky Minaj, Saucy Santana or Sam Smith she would achieve all this? I can't help but laugh at this moment. Logic and business vision scream for a new album with many more collaborations with The Weeknd and in this way recover the lost transcendence definitively. It's now or never and Madonna should do it. No. I mean, she has to do it.

Something of a funny story:

The only thing that drives me nuts more than somebody blasting their stereo at high volumes is people that drive with loud mufflers.  I guess you can say I'm not a loud noise person.

Shopping this morning I heard a car driving with a stereo blasting.  More often than not it's usually hideous sounding music IMO people listen to when they do so anyway which drives me nuts.  But yeah today someone had Popular blasting.  Instead of me being like who is this jerk I'm like okay.  lol 

#Popular on the Official Singles Charts on this week:

#India
#4 (+01) #Peaked #3

#NewZealand 
#29 (+04) #Peaked #6

#Slovakia 
#30 (+08) #Peaked #5

#Norway 
#30 (-01) #Peaked #11

#Canada
#34 (+08) #Peaked #10

#Lithuania 
#39 (-02) #Peaked #12

#Switzerland 
#45 (+04) #Peaked #11

#Australia 
#47 (+07) #Peaked #8

#Austria
#48 (+03) #Peaked #16

#CzechRepublic 
#69 (+23) #Peaked #27

.@Madonna @playoicarti @theweeknd

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

There seems to be a mistake. It should be Popular as the A Side surely?! 
Random question, but does that mean it is technically a ‘One Of The Girls’ single (with Popular as a B Side)?

I guess it's a double-side A as informed by Abel's official webstore.

https://xo.store/products/one-of-the-girls-popular-7-vinyl?c=%2Fcollections%2Fnew-arrivals&t=New+Arrivals

Just like Burning Up/Physical Attraction were.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic