The Celebration North American Leg Postponed ~ Begins October

Shoful

Side note - watching Beyonce's Renaissance Tour videos on Youtube I can't help but think of how little she moves/dances. The tour looks AMAZING. Mashing up "Alien Superstar" with "Sweet Dreams" had me gagged! They've done a great job on visuals and while keeping Bey pretty stagnant throughout the show. She moves but I would not call it a dance heavy show for her. Not a complaint or criticism. Again - it looks and sounds amazing! Just an observation. I wish Madonna would approach her next tours in the same way. She's not a superhero. She can pull off an amazing show without herculean physical gymnastics. 

1 hour ago, DJ N A said:

Side note - watching Beyonce's Renaissance Tour videos on Youtube I can't help but think of how little she moves/dances. The tour looks AMAZING. Mashing up "Alien Superstar" with "Sweet Dreams" had me gagged! They've done a great job on visuals and while keeping Bey pretty stagnant throughout the show. She moves but I would not call it a dance heavy show for her. Not a complaint or criticism. Again - it looks and sounds amazing! Just an observation. I wish Madonna would approach her next tours in the same way. She's not a superhero. She can pull off an amazing show without herculean physical gymnastics. 

I just attended Beyonce's tour two nights ago and yes, she didn't do TOO much dancing, although there were parts where she did.

Madonna didn't really dance at the Madame X Tour. I think she's already made that transition.

1 hour ago, DJ N A said:

I think LAP and Vogue will always have a spot in the setlist going forward.

Agreed. Two big iconic classics.  She can't escape doing one or the other on tour.  I also love how she finds new ways in presenting and performing the songs. 

4 hours ago, DJ N A said:

And Beyonce starts her show with a slow song...just sayin!!

22 minutes ago, sumusicman said:

And Beyonce starts her show with a slow song...just sayin!!

Many artists do.  It's not that uncommon, but for Madonna, she usually chooses something that blows the roof off the building. The same goes for the last song .  Drowned World Tour is the first time she opened with a slower song, but it really worked.  Anyway, with a tour name "Celebration" and the way she's recently been paying homage to her dance songs (FEL), you can bet she will start the show off with a huge dance number. It's usually the best way to get one's crowd excited for what's to come.  Though, I am sure she will have a video that starts the show, which will probably be a montage, highlighting her career achievements!  Celebration will definitely be one huge party.  Most definitely there wil be moments for slower songs, but I can't imagine her opening or closing her show with one, specifically for this tour. 

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Many artists do.  It's not that uncommon, but for Madonna it usually is as she usually chooses something to blow the roof off the building. The same goes for the last song .  Anyway, with a tour name "Celebration" and the way she's recently been paying homage to her dance songs (FEL), you can bet she will start the show off with a huge dance number. It's usually the best way to get one's crowd excited for what's to come.  Though, I am sure she will have a video that starts the show, which will probably do a montage of her career over the years.  Celebration will definitely be one huge party.  There will probably moments for slower songs, but I can't imagine her opening or closing her show with one, specifically for this tour. 

I know, I'm just playing...no matter what song she starts with, we know it will be AMAZING and CELEBRATORY!!!

2 minutes ago, sumusicman said:

I know, I'm just playing...no matter what song she starts with, we know it will be AMAZING and CELEBRATORY!!!

Don't mistake, I get what you are saying.  I like your idea, but I doubt she'll start off with something slow with this tour.:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 6:38 AM, tscott said:

Many artists do.  It's not that uncommon, but for Madonna, she usually chooses something that blows the roof off the building. The same goes for the last song .  Drowned World Tour is the first time she opened with a slower song, but it really worked.  Anyway, with a tour name "Celebration" and the way she's recently been paying homage to her dance songs (FEL), you can bet she will start the show off with a huge dance number. It's usually the best way to get one's crowd excited for what's to come.  Though, I am sure she will have a video that starts the show, which will probably be a montage, highlighting her career achievements!  Celebration will definitely be one huge party.  Most definitely there wil be moments for slower songs, but I can't imagine her opening or closing her show with one, specifically for this tour. 

Absolutely. I have read so many fans suggesting Live to Tell as an opener and I just 🤦‍♂️ 

5 hours ago, scallywally said:

I think maybe adding Queen to the setlist might be part of a story an a mix of dont tell me (to stop) towards the end would be great but im fantasizing about how the show may now be changed. AKA like her broken bone x rays and horses in confessions. 

Queen? That horrible Rebel Heart reject song?

She's thanking the Gods that she is able to dance a litle bit on that Lucky Star video and people think she's gonna start a world tour in two months ?! I don't wanna sound negative but i'm being realistic. I don't see her starting a world tour before at least next spring at best. Even if she reworks the whole show with much less dancing a world tour is veey demanding and tiring and i really don't see her doing it about two months from now considering what she's just went through.