Update: Madame X Tour 3LP cancelled

Enrico

14 hours ago, tscott said:

So this idea that Madonna can't release multiple things in one years time, is null and void, because it's possible. I realize no one said this here, but it's been said before regarding the re-issues. 

Of course not.

But if you want to ship X units to X fans, and later X units to the same number of fans, you have to make sure they can afford both or your marketing plan is wrong.

If you release them in a 2 months period, more people are likely to skip one of them due to budget constraints. You can't assume everybody has $100 to spare on M every month unless you want to address a tiny portion of the fanbase only and thus exclude the majority of more casual fans.

This is not how you market and sell a mainstream act like M.

12 hours ago, tscott said:

You won't regret it.  And honesty, I understand those who prefer streaming and digital.  I agree it's very convenient.  I use those formats as well, but at the end of the day, I prefer to stick to Vinyl.  Madonna is the only artist that I do buy nearly all formats that are released.  But there was a long period I never bought vinyl from Madonna.  Now I regret not getting those singles that were available on Vinyl at least in the early 90's.  For some time after Vinyl just disappeared, especially singles.

Actually my main reason is having everything in digital format, so I feel it’s pointless to open and play LPs! 🙃

25 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Of course not.

But if you want to ship X units to X fans, and later X units to the same number of fans, you have to make sure they can afford both or your marketing plan is wrong.

If you release them in a 2 months period, more people are likely to skip one of them due to budget constraints. You can't assume everybody has $100 to spare on M every month unless you want to address a tiny portion of the fanbase only and thus exclude the majority of more casual fans.

So RAINBOW FEL and that’s it? No more releases?

On 7/11/2023 at 2:30 PM, Enrico said:

EDIT:

My record store just received an update from Warner Italy that the release of the MXT triple vinyl, originally planned for August 25, has been cancelled. I guess this has to do with the tour postponement. I was also asked to remove my original post, I am sorry if I generated false expectations and created fake news.

15 minutes ago, Enrico said:

True. Everything is paused.

The press release mentioned July 15, so it was not updated with the resent news. 

I am sorry for creating a rumour.

Not so much a rumor. The planned release came from an official source. We know it’s a real item. It’s just unfortunately postponed until whenever….

Maybe the hype of the tour hitting the headlines was the promo for any released items.

Maybe the march stands were gonna have exclusive musical content.

Maybe she was gonna release a new song each week 

Maybe there was loads of cool shit we just ain't getting now. 

Maybe it was a playlist with one new edit.

17 hours ago, Ayham said:

What brand? 

After a long research, I got myself a budget but very good quality turntable: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-ca/at-lp120xusb it comes with a Motor-driven plate rather than a belt (so the records are always on correct pitch). It also comes with a built-in amplifier, so you'd just connect it to Powered Speakers. That's it.

If you want to upgrade further for better sounding, the needle is the next thing. It comes with a very good one, but if you update it to a Microlinear needle (which goes deeper into the records' groove, hence better read frequency), such as: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-ca/at-vm95ml

Then, many audiophiles would recommend to upgrade the internal amplifier to an external one, before connecting to the speakers. This is totally optional but I did it just for fun, the sound was slightly improved, with a better soundstage. I got https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-phono/ 

All these items are mid-priced, not too cheap but definitely not thousands of $$$, especially if you want just a good quality for casual listening :)
Hope this helped!

On 7/11/2023 at 1:30 PM, Enrico said:

EDIT:

My record store just received an update from Warner Italy that the release of the MXT triple vinyl, originally planned for August 25, has been cancelled. I guess this has to do with the tour postponement. I was also asked to remove my original post, I am sorry if I generated false expectations and created fake news.

Thanks for updating this.  This is sad.  I was hoping this was going to happen.  I wonder why the tour being cancelled has anything to do with releasing this?  I can't see how the two really connects?  Weird.

6 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Of course not.

This makes sense, but I think this idea is thrown out the window.  U2 has been releasing things left and right and doing a tour as well.  I've noticed other acts releasing or re-issuing music every few months too. 

But I get what you mean.  I'm just broke thinking about the possibilities here.  I feel her store will be loaded with a lot of things once the tour starts. :)