Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT

Blue Jean

1 hour ago, Cyber-Raga said:

While I dislike the MDNA album, the tour was spectacular on so many levels and deserves to be in the top 4 IMHO along with BAT, GS and CT. 
Unpopular opinion: RIT is completely overrated :seeno:

My main issue with RIT is that the stage/lighting is so boring...the entire set appears to have been lit by a 10watt bulb. Definitely her worst looking modern tour,or alongside Madame X.

On 7/28/2023 at 3:03 PM, Blue Jean said:

I will be counting down the results of Bitch She's Madonna!'s tour poll with #11 to be revealed this Saturday July 29 on my YouTube channel (link below.) Each result will follow on a weekly basis and conclude with the winning tour revealed 1 week before the Celebration tour (hopefully) starts in London. For every tour I have created a 4 minute documentary recap of the show/tour.

What I propose we do (for all who want to participate) is each week when the result is revealed we watch that tour that night as a kind of group watch party , that way we can watch every tour in the weeks to come. (I have seen a few people suggest this in other threads.) I suggest everyone have all the tours ready and we can share memories and thoughts about each one in this thread as we watch them.

For each tour I will also do another mini poll to rate the performances and then at the very end share the overall results of her best live performances.

#11 The Madame X Tour - Rate the performances

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/agrgjx/rate-madonnax27s-x27madame-x-tourx27-performances-out-of-10-10-being-the-highest

#10 The Virgin Tour - Rate the performances

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/qwkket/rate-madonnax27s-x27the-virgin-tourx27-performances-out-of-10-10-being-the-high

#9 Rebel Heart Tour - Rate the performances

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/tyomjd/rate-madonnax27s-x27rebel-heart-tourx27-performances-out-of-10-10-being-the-hig

#8 Sticky & Sweet Tour - Rate the performances

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/aottgy/rate-madonnax27s-x27sticky-sweet-tourx27-performances-out-of-10-10-being-the-hi

#7 To be revealed - Sep 2

#6 To be revealed - Sep 9

#5 To be revealed - Sep 16

#4 To be revealed - Sep 23

#3 To be revealed - Sep 30

A big „THANK YOU“ for your great job! 🫶👏👌

Your videos for the tours #11 - #08 are amazing! 🤩🤩🤩

5 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Where’s the results and video. It’s Saturday in Australia. 

In a few days. Sorry I am very busy atm with work. I promise all the results from all the polls will be out before the tour starts. I will be teasing the singles countdown next week too starting with #100. The countdown for that is going to be so much fun xx

3 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Who are you? Lol 😆 shhhhhhhhh 🤫 leave Girlie alone 🤪

I cannot help it, I think it's one of the worst tours she's ever been on. Bottom three for me. 

Ugly stage, bad setlist, poor costumes, disconnected thematically, her actual look at that time was truly ill advised, and the whole thing was a giant missed opportunity. Erotica deserved far, far better.

2 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I cannot help it, I think it's one of the worst tours she's ever been on. Bottom three for me. 

Ugly stage, bad setlist, poor costumes, disconnected thematically, her actual look at that time was truly ill advised, and the whole thing was a giant missed opportunity. Erotica deserved far, far better.

The band was fantastic though for The Girlie Show - best ever 

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

:03:

5 hours ago, Future Lover said:

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

8 hours ago, Future Lover said:

:Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052:

10 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I kind agree. It does feel like the staging of the show is hugely disconnected from that album and felt like a step back from BAT staging and flow wise.

However.

Best band she's ever had.

Best vocally she has since maybe.

Incredible live direction of the music.

Brilliant setlist.

10 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

The band was fantastic though for The Girlie Show - best ever 

I agree, the band was great. The show sounded great, I just don't like the rest of it. 

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

:03:

7 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

4 hours ago, stefo said:

:Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052::Madonna052:

I know it's a beloved show, I just can't see how and never have been able to. Erotica was an album with so much potential and the tour just kinda felt like it didn't hit any of it. 

She excluded some of the best songs off of the album and in general just didn't include enough of it (it is to date one of the most underrepresented albums on it's associated tour). She wasted a lot of valuable time on things that didn't really work for me (the Cabaret section is a total wash for me with the exception of La Isla Bonita). The staging is very bland, especially on the heels of Blond Ambition. The stage feels so static and dark and sparse and it truly doesn't work in her favor. 

A lot of the show just feels under thought and kind of slapdash. Why do we go from a cabaret into a military themed performance of Holiday? Why does the dominatrix section conclude with a performance that is miles and miles away from that aesthetic? Why is the mystique and majesty of Justify My Love undercut by a lazy closer like Everybody? 

It's just disappointing. It has MOMENTS, but those individual moments don't work together enough to create something I could call a great show. 

2 hours ago, scion said:

I kind agree. It does feel like the staging of the show is hugely disconnected from that album and felt like a step back from BAT staging and flow wise.

However.

Best band she's ever had.

Best vocally she has since maybe.

Incredible live direction of the music.

Brilliant setlist.

Agree on all but the setlist. I think the setlist is horrendous, the second worst for an album centric tour. But she sounded good, the band was great, and as much as I despise what some of the new interpretations are in relation to the show's themes and ideas they sound cool. 

7 hours ago, Future Lover said:

II know it's a beloved show, I just can't see how and never have been able to. Erotica was an album with so much potential and the tour just kinda felt like it didn't hit any of it. 

She excluded some of the best songs off of the album and in general just didn't include enough of it (it is to date one of the most underrepresented albums on it's associated tour). She wasted a lot of valuable time on things that didn't really work for me (the Cabaret section is a total wash for me with the exception of La Isla Bonita). The staging is very bland, especially on the heels of Blond Ambition. The stage feels so static and dark and sparse and it truly doesn't work in her favor. 

A lot of the show just feels under thought and kind of slapdash. Why do we go from a cabaret into a military themed performance of Holiday? Why does the dominatrix section conclude with a performance that is miles and miles away from that aesthetic? Why is the mystique and majesty of Justify My Love undercut by a lazy closer like Everybody? 

It's just disappointing. It has MOMENTS, but those individual moments don't work together enough to create something I could call a great show. 

Let me just share my vision of the show, wich is completely different. I actually see it as the most sophisticated and interesting of her entire career. 

The mood she wanted to create was inspired by the early '900 popular theatre and circus, that's why the stage was so essential, with the two curtains and the rough backloth, and that's why the set designs are all so elegant and dark. The show evolves with such surprising twists and unexpected associations right in relation to these references, she very well reproduced on stage, so we have an indian Vogue after the muscular coupe de theatre of the Fever closing fire, the military Holiday after the masteful piece de resistance provided by the mrakanà dance in La isla bonita, passing through the emotional equality claim of Why's it so hard (one of the best live numbers of her whole career imo), the Like a Virgin Weimar Republic waltz, the victorian ladies and gentlemen surreal jives moves, the intimate and passionate vocal "impasto" of Rain, the I'm going Bananas Caraibbean extravaganza and on and on.

And I think it is what Erotica deserved: the most elegant format to perform her most provocative work, the most creative and eclectic live project to expand her first real concept album, visually and musically (what a fucking amazing work they did on the arrangements of the old and the NEW tracks!!!). The only thing I really musically regret is that she did not find a way to include in the setlist Where life begins or, even better, Secret Garden, wich would have been perfect in the show. And how still brave and typical M was this step after her massive Blond Ambition production: ok, I showed you how big and visually impactful a pop concert can be, now I'm gonna give you intensity, fantasy and elegance. Honestly the only time she went close to that again was with the second set of the Drowned World Tour, where she was able to create a beautiful postmodern fusion of the Kabuki theatre with the manga imaginary and "The tiger and the dragon"-like martial art spectacle (but she did it LIVE!).

For me the real mess started later, with things like the second set of the Confessions tour for example (wich is a great show for many many reasons but not the refinement of the storytelling), where she aspires to talk about African children orphans because of the AIDS epidemic, the Palestinian and Israeli war, the veiled Islamic women rights all in one set, without exploring anything really, and, why not, closing all this with a middle finger as a message of female empowerment :Madonna056:  After American Life, with normal ups and downs, she went on being great but honestly it's all been predictable and very trands oriented, with the only exception of Madame X. That's why the Erotica/Sex/Girlie Show moment remains my favourite era/concert, with Like a Prayer/Blond Ambition and Ray of Light :heart:

4 hours ago, stefo said:

Let me just share my vision of the show, wich is completely different. I actually see it as the most sophisticated and interesting of her entire career. 

The mood she wanted to create was inspired by the early '900 popular theatre and circus, that's why the stage was so essential, with the two curtains and the rough backloth, and that's why the set designs are all so elegant and dark. The show evolves with such surprising twists and unexpected associations right in relation to these references, she very well reproduced on stage, so we have an indian Vogue after the muscular coupe de theatre of the Fever closing fire, the military Holiday after the masteful piece de resistance provided by the mrakanà dance in La isla bonita, passing through the emotional equality claim of Why's it so hard (one of the best live numbers of her whole career imo), the Like a Virgin Weimar Republic waltz, the victorian ladies and gentlemen surreal jives moves, the intimate and passionate vocal "impasto" of Rain, the I'm going Bananas Caraibbean extravaganza and on and on.

And I think it is what Erotica deserved: the most elegant format to perform her most provocative work, the most creative and eclectic live project to expand her first real concept album, visually and musically (what a fucking amazing work they did on the arrangements of the old and the NEW tracks!!!). The only thing I really musically regret is that she did not find a way to include in the setlist Where life begins or, even better, Secret Garden, wich would have been perfect in the show. And how still brave and typical M was this step after her massive Blond Ambition production: ok, I showed you how big and visually impactful a pop concert can be, now I'm gonna give you intensity, fantasy and elegance. Honestly the only time she went close to that again was with the second set of the Drowned World Tour, where she was able to create a beautiful postmodern fusion of the Kabuki theatre with the manga imaginary and "The tiger and the dragon"-like martial art spectacle (but she did it LIVE!).

For me the real mess started later, with things like the second set of the Confessions tour for example (wich is a great show for many many reasons but not the refinement of the storytelling), where she aspires to talk about African children orphans because of the AIDS epidemic, the Palestinian and Israeli war, the veiled Islamic women rights all in one set, without exploring anything really, and, why not, closing all this with a middle finger as a message of female empowerment :Madonna056:  After American Life, with normal ups and downs, she went on being great but honestly it's all been predictable and very trands oriented, with the only exception of Madame X. That's why the Erotica/Sex/Girlie Show moment remains my favourite era/concert, with Like a Prayer/Blond Ambition and Ray of Light :heart:

I see the points you make and I definitely agree the sources of inspiration are clever and refined. You make a lot of good points. 

I just can't escape the feeling that the idea and the execution ended up running in opposite directions in the end. I don't find the stage to be sophisticated, I think it looks rather cheap with the only elegant sort of things to me being the curtains and the two side boards for the stadium shows. The stage itself beyond that from it's shape to the way it is used just comes off as very pedestrian and not unlike the other stages that were being used at the time. 

Thematically, the individual pieces aren't bad, I just don't think she managed to pull all of those ideas into a whole that felt like it was on any sort of track or way forward. I agree the point was probably twists and turns but the key to presenting a good twist is to not have it be completely out of left field. A twist is a bend in narrative but not something that divorces what comes after the twist from what came before it entirely and I think that's the problem with a lot of the twists in the show. She at times seems to lose sight of what she was building the show around and though we eventually come back to it in the end, there was a lot of side quests along the way that just didn't fit for me. 

And it's let down further by what I think are some of the worst tour costumes she's ever had as well as some honestly unimpressive choreography. 

I can see why people get so mystified with it but when I see it, all I see is her really just wanting that era to be over and the tour sort of being just a lot of ideas thrown together without being more properly ironed out. 

As for Confessions, I see what you're saying. The reason I hold it to a different standard (and why I hold every tour from Re-Invention forward to a different standard) is because in Re-Invention--despite her claims otherwise--the shows stopped having a real overall theme and the individual acts started to become a lot more isolated. I don't feel let down by weird inconsistencies of tone and theme in shows like Confessions or MDNA or Sticky and Sweet because while she certainly tried to sell us on the idea of theme and narrative, there really isn't any. Girlie Show seemed to've really been trying for a theme and narrative, and I just think it failed in that. 

I agree that Erotica deserved better. Far from disliking GS, I love it, but I also find the stage ugly and I think there's a lot of wasted time in this concert that could be filled with Erotica great tracks, like that huge dance interlude after Rain and how much she speaks during a few parts. I guess Erotica and Justify are flawless, some of my all time Madonna performances. Although the band is also great, I don't know, but there's something about this show that makes me feel tired of what it sounds like by the end, I feel the same about Britney's Onyx Hotel Tour. The WTG is IMO her best sounding tour in terms of band, I love its rawness.

About MDNA, I used to love it to death back in 2012 and nowadays I kind of agree with what some people mentioned here. First act is remarkably good, she's extremely beautiful and energetic but that TUTR act brings me down. Then I love the Vogue/CS/HN segment but I can't stand that version of LAV. After she included Love Spent I think this part got a bit more interesting. The final act has never pleased me except for LAP which always works. Even Celebration I have always had the impression something was missing.

Now, can anyone explain me the hate towards S&S? This has been my favorite tour since it came out.

I guess CT and Blond Ambition will be topping this poll

On 9/2/2023 at 9:31 PM, stefo said:

Perfectly said. Thank you. Agree.

• Blue Jean changed the title to Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic