The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

12 hours ago, Niall said:

I was next to her in the pit that night. She wasnt that loud to be honest. There were however far more annoying, drunk, loud people in there, ruining it for everyone else!!!

Any Americans peeing in there? Someone here said Americans pee and poop in the pits instead of going to the restrooms.

18 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

It's still early.

agree :lol:

38 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

What kind of multiverse of madness is this?

We must be in some alternate timeline, 'cause it's crazy to see people and media that have been nasty to her, actually praising her. 

Sun Tan Summer GIF by Pose FX

... and this can help us thinking that, except specific cases, that have always been part of the game, divisive as she always chose to be, the media and the general public were critical because she did not deliver the standard she made them used to. Actually the Rebel Heart tour and the MDNA tour had good reviews too. I mean, when she really "goes Madonna" they acnowledge it and applaude her.

And this show is so great because it really remembers and renews the quality and the meaning of her work and it's amazing the way she was able to reinvent it all and take it back to the present with such taste and effectiveness.

I don't know if you already talked about that, but Gvasalia shared some interesting pics of his work on the costumes for the show and there is a gorgeous dress wich she did not wear in the four London concerts.

Could she change some costumes or is there something to be added or substituted along the way? Maybe already conceived this way, having the show been apparently cut from the 2 hours and a half original plan? Or was it just discarded?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyoNN3hIZQl/?img_index=5

23 hours ago, FraP said:

In reality, she doesn't look like that at all. I can't stand these fans who use FaceApp on all her photos.
That's humiliating.
In person, she's more beautiful, you can see that she's in her 60s, as it should be, and she doesn't look like a doll.

Let's also ask ourselves why Madonna suffers from body dysmorphia. The fans have been contributing to the problem for years!

But she looks as good as on the pic on the videos :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyeC68LqK4S/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

3 hours ago, stefo said:

I don't know if you already talked about that, but Gvasalia shared some interesting pics of his work on the costumes for the show and there is a gorgeous dress wich she did not wear in the four London concerts.

Could she change some costumes or is there something to be added or substituted along the way? Maybe already conceived this way, having the show been apparently cut from the 2 hours and a half original plan? Or was it just discarded?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyoNN3hIZQl/?img_index=5

It is normal in the process to have several options you later choose from, specificly working with different designers they all give their proposal (I remember a few of black dresses for MX LAP performance that didn't make it to the final) My guess (and it's really only a guess) is that she and the stylists overseeing the wardrobe asked several designers for an opening look and that this was another option than the one she chose. I much prefer the opening look though, the way it cascades into the floor but still creates interesting silhouetes because of the sleeves and the cutouts makes it a very performative dress where every move M makes is emphasized by the costume

4 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

But do we know what Vetements design in the end? Is it just the swarovski chestplate? I was kind of expecting them to do 90's looks, or even do mash up punk/westwood/haring 80's vibes for the dancers

He did the oversized coat for Holiday and I think one of the small pieces? Maybe the cowboy look?

6 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

But do we know what Vetements design in the end? Is it just the swarovski chestplate? I was kind of expecting them to do 90's looks, or even do mash up punk/westwood/haring 80's vibes for the dancers

Here you go:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fashion/fashion-news/g45554974/madonna-tour-wardrobe-fashion/

7 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Antwerp 

IMG_6267.thumb.jpeg.af20d2baa9e7e01f48806a668d4598a2.jpeg

IMG_6266.jpeg

IMG_6265.jpeg

Oh mi querido cuate, these photos are just I begged to see!!! Sportpaleis going ahead and being ready for what we expect a full 2h15 (or 2h30) show with Sorry, Oh Father and Hold Tight, right, @Voguerista???? After all, in Antwerp she can finish the concert the hour she wants to, right??? *praying for at least a full Celebration/Music mash-up as proper ending*

Interview with Chair IMG_6268.thumb.jpeg.1526c5444847d7a749ea0a453cb19ddf.jpeg🪑 

Oh cuate, is this real??? Would love to read to read the full thing since much likely she's promoting her Xmas album there... *and why in hell the interviewer would have inserted Madonna here to my Xmas era promo????*

5 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Any Americans peeing in there? Someone here said Americans pee and poop in the pits instead of going to the restrooms.

Well, younger people than M's average core fanbase are opting to use diapers to never leave their spots while watching... aham... TS... argh... (Well, there's something good in TaylorNation removing fan footage from her tour... After I forced myself to watch an entire 3h45 full Eras Tour video only to get why this person rules the music industry today, I was hallucinating (in a bad way) the time she was king-konging for Antihero backdrop...)

36 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Oh mi querido cuate, these photos are just I begged to see!!! Sportpaleis going ahead and being ready for what we expect a full 2h15 (or 2h30) show with Sorry, Oh Father and Hold Tight, right, @Voguerista???? After all, in Antwerp she can finish the concert the hour she wants to, right??? *praying for at least a full Celebration/Music mash-up as proper ending*

Yep. I was thinking the same my friend! We will soon see! And yes please to a Celebration/Music mashup! 💃💃💃🪩🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼🪩🪩🪩🔥🔥🔥🔥

7 hours ago, stefo said:

agree :lol:

... and this can help us thinking that, except specific cases, that have always been part of the game, divisive as she always chose to be, the media and the general public were critical because she did not deliver the standard she made them used to. Actually the Rebel Heart tour and the MDNA tour had good reviews too. I mean, when she really "goes Madonna" they acnowledge it and applaude her.

And this show is so great because it really remembers and renews the quality and the meaning of her work and it's amazing the way she was able to reinvent it all and take it back to the present with such taste and effectiveness.

Also Madame X had some praise

3 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Oh cuate, is this real??? Would love to read to read the full thing since much likely she's promoting her Xmas album there... *and why in hell the interviewer would have inserted Madonna here to my Xmas era promo????*

Yeah it’s been in several outlets, tried to find the original link but it’s to early on a Saturday morning, but Madonna Australia reported it. If I’m not mistaken that fan page is from one of the members here… 

3 hours ago, Anapausis said:

You are welcome cuate 🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, truerebel said:

Yes, I am super late to the party but just returned from 3 shows in London.

Listen, stop judging the show from some shitty live streams. This is simply THE show we've been craving from M, she was in top mood and her voice emotes deep into our souls. I cannot tell you how emotional this show truly is, there were moments where I found myself sobbing for no reasons but simply being in awe of this woman who has seen and stood through so much in her life. 

I urge you all to stop over-analyzing, stop being bitter because she skipped your favorite song from the set list and lets CELEBRATE her legacy, her force, her power, her presence, her voice...etc. etc. BE grateful that she is here and she is giving us the show of our lives. 

Dear, I've just watched the concerts (and probably only will unless she blinks back to Jeunesse Arena or something bigger than that) through shitty YouTube videos and I second EVERY SINGLE WORD of yours.

Main problem with some M fans is their unability to read own M's mind. They think she's limited to some way to anything she has ever done. She explicitly told the whole thing during both Tears of a Clown nights.

I could agree Madame X Tour was not my cup of tea since I've found the whole execution of that very bizarre, but I do get this M's intent and her way to present this tour this way. Much probably the reason behind the Rescue Me change to be a merely spoken backdrop was due to its original arrangement to not fit at all with the tour storyboard. Nothing to do with her vocal abilities or the presumable lack of them. It was the ultimate way by M's choice to display this album and I see it sounded bizarre in purpose just like entire Trump's time at the White House was bizarre. Plain like that.

For the Celebration Tour, the purpose's dramatically different. Hence the way every song's displayed there, in the order they are, with the arrangement they have, with the lyrics chopped the way they do. It has as ultimate intention to tell M's herstory by M's own terms, as she has said, "nobody can tell my story other than myself."

EDIT: now that I have time to finish my essay, I just tell now: for EVERY PIECE OF M'S WORK, IT'S M'S WAY TO PRESENT SUCH WORK. AND, AS A M STAN AND ADMIRER, I RESPECT THAT.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic