The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

This will her first Friday show in ages right?

Yes it is, and it was the only friday untill the rescheduled tourdates, in 2024 there's a few more fridays coming up. The concert being on friday was also the reason why I decided to get tickets for Antwerp as well, as I was afraid she might cancell the date, MX trauma

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This will her first Friday show in ages right?

I just double checked, not a single Rebel Heart or Madame X show was scheduled on a Friday.

This article from the Times of Israel from June 2012 mentions her not performing on Fridays as part of her devotion to Kabbalah. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/politics-and-peace-rival-pop-at-madonna-show/amp/

When she was deep into Kabbalah she took a pretty orthodox approach to the practice. 

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m surprised the crowd in Milan wasn’t more enthusiastic but I’m glad you had a good time Enrico. Are you going again?

Yes, on Saturday. This will be my fourth and last Celebration show and my 25th Madonna show.

I am in parterre A and would really like to know how it works...

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Obviously yes. But while we fans can make an effort and repress our annoyance and discomfort due to her lateness, we cannot ask the same of those people who are not her fans but who go to the concert attracted by the media personality that has always characterized Madonna.

I can put myself in those people's shoes and understand their annoyance. If it were another artist (Beyonce, Taylor Swift, etc.) I would react the same. I would simply ignore her and check my cell phone in those moments when she stops singing and decides to talk to the audience about various topics, whether it be about politics, about war, her children, about bullying or whatever. Because when something is unfair, it cannot be disguised as something else, no matter how many fans we are of our artist. At least not me.

I don’t think the late was the only problem yesterday. I was there also, and unfortunately I have to say that people are change. Of course there was many adult people that don’t scream but just see the show. But people in general the just wanna live the experience. They make pictures and video for social medial, not really having fun in the moment. I see a lot of show of different pop artist after covid and I notice that the crowds are simply dead most of the time. They way up when they hear a famous song and go back the sleep later on. I don’t know maybe the social distance during the pandemic made people more cold less spontaneous. 

Anyway the show was amazing, even if I think she wasn’t in her best yesterday. I saw her less focused and she has a problem with her microphone during die another day and miss some steps. 
I don’t know if it’s true but delay was because Donatella Versace arrived with 1 h 30 minutes late. They was waiting for her for the vogue scene. I saw her entrance in the arena at 21:55

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

At least a "Thank you and good night" at the moment she descends from the stage would be enough in my opinion for the farewell to stop being as cold and indifferent as we have seen so far.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Pretender1978 said:

I also like the ending much more when witnessed live. The whole stage is filled with the avatars and they are all slowly dissapearing until M at the main stage and Bob at the front left descend simultaniously into the floor. On video it looks a bit sudden but live it really did make sense

I saw her  live at the Barcelona concert. And it may be because I only had eyes for her and I didn't pay attention to what the dancers or Bob were doing, but it seemed like a very abrupt exit to me. I'm not complaining but I missed a "Thank you, good night" to finish the show.

15 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I just double checked, not a single Rebel Heart or Madame X show was scheduled on a Friday.

This article from the Times of Israel from June 2012 mentions her not performing on Fridays as part of her devotion to Kabbalah. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/politics-and-peace-rival-pop-at-madonna-show/amp/

When she was deep into Kabbalah she took a pretty orthodox approach to the practice. 

You could know a Jewish day starts at the beginning of the night (so technically at 6pm), so a Friday night is technically the beginning of a Sabbath - hence why Jews do their sederim (dinners with family meeting and sharing of the bread by the family patriarch) on Fridays. The Last Supper was indeed a seder Pessach (seder done on the Jewish Easter/Passover).

Btw, Muslims count their days the same way Jews do, hence why Ramadan and all other Islamic festivities start at the beginning of the night. Right @stefo?

EDIT: I don't think M "took a pretty orthodox approach to the practice," since she got some things conflicted to Jewish traditions as, for instance, her macrobiotic diet prevented her from eating wheat derivatives and, as seen in the Torah, wheat is quite fundamental to Jew diet as I quote Moses directly, "whilst there is wheat there is plenty."

The ending did not bother me. It can't be worst than the original DWT one with Ali G coming on screen telling the crowd to get the fuck out "she ain't coming back" (they dropped that after a few shows because it did not go down well...i was really angry at it...that's one of the reasons why i had a hard time enjoying the DWT live in the flesh).

As for the lateness, there's no excuse but i was told around Madame X by someone working with her on the tour that she develops stage fright as the tour progresses, something he already witnessed on Rebel Heart.

12 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

As for the lateness, there's no excuse but i was told around Madame X by someone working with her on the tour that she develops stage fright as the tour progresses, something he already witnessed on Rebel Heart.

Makes sense, also with her usual mindset about touring of "first two weeks are great, last two weeks are great too and everything in between is hard work" and what Stuart Price said about it very politely in a recent interview, that she needs to make sure she gives the best show to the audience, etc.

We know the lateness is only getting worse as the tour continues, right? :speakno:

12 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

The ending did not bother me. It can't be worst thant the original DWT on with Ali G coming on screen telling the crowd to get the fuck out "she ain't coming back" (they dropped that after a few shows because it did not go down well...i was really angry at it...that's one of the reasons why i had a hard time enjoying the DWT live in the flesh).

That’s really evident, she is not at the level of confident she was years ago, but I think it’s normal. Even for a pro like her, at 60s you can develop a series of frights that you didn’t have before especially after an injury, because you start to realise that your body is not healing easily anymore. I think if she delay for this reason is totally understandable. 

1 hour ago, ron92 said:

I don’t think the late was the only problem yesterday. I was there also, and unfortunately I have to say that people are change. Of course there was many adult people that don’t scream but just see the show. But people in general the just wanna live the experience. They make pictures and video for social medial, not really having fun in the moment. I see a lot of show of different pop artist after covid and I notice that the crowds are simply dead most of the time. They way up when they hear a famous song and go back the sleep later on. I don’t know maybe the social distance during the pandemic made people more cold less spontaneous. 

I think the main factor is the age of the average Madonna concert goer. Even Madonna’s youngest fans are not typically the age range that are going to scream and go wild at a concert anymore.

We did not have phones at Madame x and I don’t recall the crowds being in a frenzy there either.

Off topic but just in:

Considering the rehearsal video of "Die Another Day,"  there was a big difference between her voice while counting the steps and the autotuned playback. Additionally, the vocals remain consistently every night the same (just like in "Girl Gone Wild" live), and finally, this video proves it's playback. Moving the mic doesn't affect the vocals at all – impossible.

In conclusion, it's playback, and Stuart was lying when he claimed in an interview somewhere that it's all live with backup here and there…

https://youtu.be/sH7KhxseI0A?si=YfXuUNUb5BQpOG8u

55 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

Off topic but just in:

Considering the rehearsal video of "Die Another Day,"  there was a big difference between her voice while counting the steps and the autotuned playback. Additionally, the vocals remain consistently every night the same (just like in "Girl Gone Wild" live), and finally, this video proves it's playback. Moving the mic doesn't affect the vocals at all – impossible.

In conclusion, it's playback, and Stuart was lying when he claimed in an interview somewhere that it's all live with backup here and there…

Maybe they have a backup autotuned vocal that they use some nights (every night?) and she sings over it. But it's live, there have been different vocals and mistakes and out of tune moments in "DAD" in some shows, I realized that while doing my edit for the tour.

1 hour ago, WopaelWopael said:

Off topic but just in:

No because she missed a line in Die another day last night

13 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

She looks pissed in the videos from last night... 

She complained about the AC a few times. She was definitely more relaxed towards the end of the concert. She was pissed that the audience didn't scream every time she said something, but girl we can't understand what the hell you're saying with them grillz

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

She's added a "Thank you [city], good night!" in some places, on the 2nd show. For instance, in Barcelona she didn't say anything the first night, but on the second night she said goodbye with a "Thank you Barcelona, good night!".

I think if she's coming back the day after she doesn't see it as a goodbye? :Madonna009:

Imagine Madonna coming to your city and only attending one show? I can’t fathom 

2 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

Off topic but just in:

He aint lying, its all live and live with a backing track. 

Dad is so autotuned maybe she doesn't sing that part on the video and you just hear the backing track vocals, but there are many video's of dad out of tune and lyrics mistakes...

People sometimes say Ray of Light is playback ( comments on the internet) but its live with a minimum backing track 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz7PFXItLgQ/?igshid=ZDBjMWI0ZjMxOQ==

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic