The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

44 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

The delusion of that woman....No wonder Madonna never mentions her. First, she did not discover Madonna, Madonna discovered her, she went after for weeks. Then she did something Seymour Stein understood right away he should not do : she got in Madonna's way and tried to mold her. The Gotham tape is pure shit, only Get Up kind of goes somewhere and Jon Gordon who produced that tape agrees. He left a lenghty comments once on Webo8 saying he did not what he was doing and he saw Madonna plaing around with sound on her own and should have gone her way instead of Camille's. The Gordon version of I Want You and Love On The run ar terrible compared to the demos. Then she forced Madonna into signing a second contract after the first one expired, they were going nowhere. Considering the ties Camille had at Colombia records, Madonna should have been signed right away but she was not. Execs did not like the material and so did not Madonna. Camille had no clue about who Madonna the artist was, one of her first mistep was to fire Steve Bray (madonna had to sleep with the drummer who replaced him so he got the boot and Steve took his place back). When i hear her talking about Madonna having Phil Collins musicians, well that was David Frank of the System and it was before he worked with Collins (on Sussudio) and Madonna and Bray already knew him from the Music Building and already worked with him (he's also on the Otto Wehrnerr tracks). Then Jon gordon (whom later worked with Suzanne Vega on her two first albums) got so infatuated with Madonna that it ended in him and her headbutting on stage. The story Reggie Lucas told about Madonna telling him in the studio that she did not want a guitar on Lucky Star (which Jellybean later reinstated) because she had a fight onstage with a guitarist, well that was Jon Gordon (and not David Frank who was her keyboard player like some still believe and that would have been awkward anyway because at the time of recording the first album with Lucas, Frank was in Lucas's band Mtume). On top of that she was an alcoholic and it also got in the way. Madonna lost everything when she left Camille because her income depended on her, her apt was paid by Camille, he rehearsing studio as well and she was persona non grata at the Music Building. When Camille sued her, Madonna offered her a position at Warner which she declined. And what has she done since ? She presents herself as this great music manager when she's not, she had ONE chance offered on a platter and she blew it by interferring. Of all the Madonna tracks we have from her pre Sire years, the Gotham tapes are the worst. Madonna ran away from 3 opportunities before Sire because she wanted to do her own thing and then it meant running away from confort. First with Van Loo and Pellerin in France then Max's Kansas who wanted to distribute her first tracks, she declined and signed with Camille and she ran away from the second contract. And to cite trash Christopher Andersen as a source, my god...Had Madonna found Stein before Camille she would have break sooner. She got in the way but was good to provide a studio to rehearse and write, experiment and a roof over her head. That alone deserves a thank you, i agree.

I saw Madonna last night and can finally join this thread!!!!

Show started at 10:20 and finished at 12:38. 

She was incredible (as always) and I was so close to her!!!! Such an amazing night. What a show.

I can't believe one of you said Courtney Cox and Lola were in the audience! I wish I saw themmmmm omg

20 hours ago, chaseturtle said:

Thank you! I appreciate that so much!!!

I'm sure you saw here but she went on at 10:20pm last night.  Maybe be in your seats by 10pm on Sat to be safe?

Also, Ticketmaster just opened up a slew of tix in the front section for Sat.  Even though "standard pricing" is still a small fortune, it's better than being forced to buy a VIP package for the same seats.

Have fun!

Wednesday night from afar:

https://x.com/survivalartist/status/1735317423975182713?s=20

Thursday night from up close:

https://x.com/survivalartist/status/1735643023332032841?s=20

https://x.com/survivalartist/status/1735645383655567405?s=20

OK I was at my friend's house yesterday and her sister posted a pic of her with Bob The Drag Queen from the other night out. I said I was SOOOO JEALOUS. She was too since she didn't go but she said "you know what he said to her? How's your sister?" and she laughed and laughed. While we were chilling I checked my X/Twitter and Bob The Drag Queen had retweeted my post about how fun he was Wednesday night.

https://x.com/survivalartist/status/1735330478809296897?s=20

So last night I decided to relax at home and arrive at the arena around 9 versus get there early and wait. Who was the opening DJ? I swear it was Kaytranada but whoever it was, I was too in a daze to pay attention. The beats were fucking sick whatever they were. I made my way to section 228. As I arrived, different from Thursday night, there were two people standing at my section. They looked at my barcode. The guy says to me "would you like another ticket?" I said "what do you mean?" and he hands me a ticket, a physical ticket. "Would you like to do that instead?" 

I said "Is what I think is happening really happening right now?" and he says "Yes, I think so." I became a bit flushed and said "I think I need to hug you right now". I looked at the ticket and my 228 had become a 4!

I kind of had a little mental break for about a half hour to be honest. Everything was kind of a nervous blur and I kept waiting for someone to tell me not to go to section 4. BUT IT WAS NOT A DREAM.

I sat next to these interesting people, this woman had such a unique way of saying Madonna's name. I swear she said her husband was Madonna's bodyguard for many years and that they had gone to over 70 shows but again I was having a mental break at the moment so she could have said she was anybody and I would have said OK. She had a beautiful smile, his wife. And I will never forget the way she screamed Madonna's name. Anyway, we all had a blast and danced the night away. I took several short videos - if someone would like, I can make a Google Drive. 

I've been going to her shows for over 20 years now, this was one of the most magical, amazing experiences I have ever had and made it ALLLLL worthwhile (as if it ever was not worthwhile being a Madonna fan). Also my street merch tote bag girl was the first person I encountered when I arrived and she had new totes, I got a cute one that looks like a Vogue Magazine cover with a Herb Ritts photo and a bunch of song lyrics as the article names. BEST NIGHT EVER.  

57 minutes ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

Video I captured from Brooklyn Dec 14

Ok I just watched them together for the first time. It's a NO, she doesn't have it imo. M is gonna be so tough to be acted you really need a charismatic person, someone your eyes are really caught by. For me she just doesn't have it, wich doesn't mean she's not a good actress of course, it's a matter of energy and toughness and sexyness and stage presence and cool arrogance and all that kind of stuff ... just an opinion, but I wanted to share it after seeing them together

Also there was a somewhat significant power outage last night in NYC, the power cut during La Isla Bonita I think it was. She didn't skip a beat and soldiered on despite several weird power-related snafus in several minutes. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/15/nyregion/nyc-power-outage-explosion.html

"The disruption caused “a citywide power surge,” but there were no reports of injuries, criminal activity or other disruptions to any services, the spokesperson said by telephone."

The sound went out during "Don't Tell Me" actually. But, some of the sound still worked. Just not her mic or the track. It lasted a little longer than we (the audience) anticipated and we didn't begin covering with a singalong until it became a bit awkward as she kept going with no sound. The lights stayed on.

I don't recall anything happening during La Isla Bonita specifically, but while she was talking to the audience during that segment, her mic did cut for a line or two (while she was speaking, not singing.)

18 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

The sound went out during "Don't Tell Me" actually. But, some of the sound still worked. Just not her mic or the track. It lasted a little longer than we (the audience) anticipated and we didn't begin covering with a singalong until it became a bit awkward as she kept going with no sound. The lights stayed on.

I don't recall anything happening during La Isla Bonita specifically, but while she was talking to the audience during that segment, her mic did cut for a line or two (while she was speaking, not singing.)

Thanks :heart: it was all a "fuzzy dream" as some might say

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)