The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

11 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

"According to her contract with Gotham, dated July 22, 1981, Madonna had to charge US$250 for each unpublished master, and US$500 for each published one, plus 3% of the price of each album sold. That demo was put into circulation and was rejected by labels such as Geffen and Atlantic Records. Ownership of those songs was the subject of a long legal battle from the time Madonna signed to Warner Brothers Records."

I meant the agreement they both reached when Camille sued her in 1983/1984 (when Madonna started to get hits), not the original contract.

I remember reading a MTV book where the "Lucky Star" video producer or someone said Warner convinced her to shoot the "Lucky Star" video cause she just had been sued and with the video she would make back the money they had asked her (Camille I guess) - in album sales. Madonna wanted to move on to the second album already but Warner milked the first one after "Borderline" took off.

53 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Any more videos from the 2nd new york show? Can't find much 

Not many, just a few on YouTube.

The difference between all the fan videos available after every European show and the lack of many videos after these first two US shows is quite... interesting. And sad, for us. I wish the US audiences were as sharing as the European ones.

Just now, Prayer said:

The difference between all the fan videos available after the European shows and the first two US shows is quite... interesting. And sad, for us.

Maybe american people wanna live the show with their own eyes rather than through a screen. This or they just don't wanna bother posting their videos online 😂

3 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Maybe american people wanna live the show with their own eyes rather than through a screen. This or they just don't wanna bother posting their videos online 😂

Could be, checking the audience maybe there are less people recording than in the European shows?

Fair enough if that's the case...

Still plenty of cameras there!

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The difference between all the fan videos available after every European show and the lack of many videos after these first two US shows is quite... interesting. And sad, for us. I wish the US audiences were as sharing as the European ones.

I’ll put all my vids on my Google Drive this weekend, idk what I was thinking going to work this morning but I’m the walking dead. If you gworlls have YouTube feel free to share them.

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

Could be, checking the audience maybe there are less people recording than in the European shows?

Fair enough if that's the case...

Still plenty of cameras there!

Of course a lot are recording, the vid shows it and we all know that this happens, good or bad that's the way it is nowadays.

I think we have a lot less material just because she debuted in EU, actually according with the passing of time even EU fans posted much less than the early two, three weeks.

Great pic, by the way

411136763_761423886025385_51876929642772

4 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Open Your Heart ( New York night 2 ) so much better than yesterday 

At the end of the day, it's about having fun at a live concert while enjoying one's favorite artist or favorite classics. And we know that most of these fan posted videos have some pretty crappy audio as well.  Performances like this one are  not about how great she sings, but just rocking out and having fun.  No one leaving is going to think particularly about this song and think how great or horrible she sang, rather show enthusiasm for how great the WHOLE show was.  :party:

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

At the end of the day, it's about having fun at a live concert while enjoying one's favorite artist or favorite classics. And we know that most of these fan posted videos have some pretty crappy audio as well.  Performances like this one are  not about how great she sings, but just rocking out and having fun.  No one leaving is going to think particularly about this song and think how great or horrible she sang, rather show enthusiasm for how great the WHOLE show was.  :party:

Im not talking about just this one song, my point was that the 2nd new york night was vocaly way better than night one. I posted that one performance for an example, if you compare it to night one she was way more into it night 2 🥰

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Im not talking about just this one song, my point was that the 2nd new york night was vocaly way better than night one. I posted that one performance for an example, if you compare it to night one she was way more into it night 2 🥰

All based off bad fan recordings.  Even still, no night will be perfect.  Not every performance will be perfect.  No one really cares about this.  It doesn't change that most who attended any night you critique about poor vocals, most enjoy the show and really wasn't bothered by her vocals. It's live! Anything happens.  Some are sucking the joy out of this. Just enjoy she's performing to the best of her ability night after night. :)

14 minutes ago, McDonna said:

All based off bad fan recordings.  Even still, no night will be perfect.  Not every performance will be perfect.  No one really cares about this.  It doesn't change that most who attended any night you critique about poor vocals, most enjoy the show and really wasn't bothered by her vocals. It's live! Anything happens.  Some are sucking the joy out of this. Just enjoy she's performing to the best of her ability night after night. :)

Dude im just saying she sounded better night 2 than night 1, that's it... relaxe 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic