The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

For the record, I’m American, French, British and Irish, and I know a lot about Canada, and the rest of the world for that matter. Anti-American stereotypes are lazy, but confirmation bias is rampant. You only see what your eyes want to see, right? Anyway…Madonna isn’t ignorant, which is why it was shocking to me, thus my comment. It wasn’t about calling her or anyone else dumb.

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

For the record, I’m American, French, British and Irish, and I know a lot about Canada, and the rest of the world for that matter. Anti-American stereotypes are lazy, but confirmation bias is rampant. You only see what your eyes want to see, right? Anyway…Madonna isn’t ignorant, which is why it was shocking to me, thus my comment. It wasn’t about calling her or anyone else dumb.

love usa.....

Slip up caught on camera, she wouldve known watching it back and still including it. Probably one of the many reasons she called it warts and all. There's lots of moments in it other big stars nowadays would cut out. It still holds up as an original in that respect. 

Not mentioning any names that have brought out big tour movies lately (love them too) oh theyd never leave in the grit like truth or dare making them look bad, its still brave now. 

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I had an American boyfriend who was well educated, well travelled and from New York yet still had no idea which side of Canada Toronto was located . It’s like they deliberately don’t want to know about Canada.

Their educational focus is not on global geography or world history. It’s on US history and US geography and for the most part they tend to not reflect critically upon certain parts of their history. They memorize dates and names. That’s it. They don’t even have many of these subjects for more than a year or even a semester…

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Their educational focus is not on global geography or world history. It’s on US history and US geography

Yes I have heard that too. Tbh I don’t think she actually thought Toronto was a state. “Fascist state” is commonly used when talking about entire countries, she was using it as a figure of speech as a joke.

Do I or don't I, gimme an honest answer:

Screenshot_20240107_114141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ddac56ad891047dd7a30ce6e470516c.jpg Your help is appreciated.

Sorry @RUADJAI as it's not my intention to make controversy/catfight/ballroom/whatever come back, but I would like to know if I should or shouldn't show to myself that post. Guess I won't do it at all. Will charge my phone instead as you all may see...

EDIT: this is a tour where the MC's a drag queen, and where drag culture are widely represented. Don't throw me sticks and stones as what I do can be considered as drag humour, amirite??? 

#CanYouGetALilSenseOfHumour?

14 hours ago, MavyReg said:

So I bought my tickets from Vividseats for the show on the 8th and the tickets still haven’t been delivered…what to do?

Congrats and have fun!  And thanks for sharing something fun and positive regarding the Celebration Tour!  :luv:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic