The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Justify My Love and Erotica must sound weird sung live because they are mostly spoken words without melody, they shoud be the easiest to do live in that aspect so the reason she does not sing them is because it does not work, she even changed Erotica back to You Thrill Me on Confession because it is more sung than talked. I agree that all singers shuld sing live, and that's what Madonna does, even if it's bad. I remember seeing the Janet tour in 95 and i left very very angry and not a fan anymore because every single bit was recorded, it was like she was not even there. It's a courtesy to the paying audience. And little incidents like in Detroit really add up to the human experience, you can relate to her because she forgot her mic and suddenly you feel closer to her watching this because she's totally in the moment and not just doing her thing like a robot. Imagine the scandale if she was lipping at the Brits and her voice kept singing while she was on the floor after falling, that would have been the end. That's why i never could watch a show from Britney and i don't understand why she got a pass for that. 

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

Justify My Love and Erotica must sound weird sung live because they are mostly spoken words without melody, they shoud be the easiest to do live in that aspect so the reason she does not sing them is because it does not work, she even changed Erotica back to You Thrill Me on Confession because it is more sung than talked. I agree that all singers shuld sing live, and that's what Madonna does, even if it's bad. I remember seeing the Janet tour in 95 and i left very very angry and not a fan anymore because every single bit was recorded, it was like she was not even there. It's a courtesy to the paying audience. And little incidents like in Detroit really add up to the human experience, you can relate to her because she forgot her mic and suddenly you feel closer to her watching this because she's totally in the moment and not just doing her thing like a robot. Imagine the scandale if she was lipping at the Brits and her voice kept singing while she was on the floor after falling, that would have been the end. That's why i never could watch a show from Britney and i don't understand why she got a pass for that. 

Agree 

47 minutes ago, Gutten said:

So funny that Rickey Pageot is actually touring with M but only as Mercy's teacher...

22 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Outrun Valley Girl GIF by Goldmaster

Audio technician mixing backing tracks and live vocals on the CbT

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Me praying for a Japanese hacker to share an IEM mic feed!

I was talking with her FOH sound engineer before one of the shows and he showed me what desk and equipment he was using. I got a look at the channels and guess what, there are only 2 for her. Her live vocal and the pre-mixed backing track. I've never seen a sound engineer be so relaxed before a show! Obviously there are some effects channels like reverb etc as well as Bob's mic, but essentially the entire show is on 2 channels.

11 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I was talking with her FOH sound engineer before one of the shows and he showed me what desk and equipment he was using. I got a look at the channels and guess what, there are only 2 for her. Her live vocal and the pre-mixed backing track. I've never seen a sound engineer be so relaxed before a show! Obviously there are some effects channels like reverb etc as well as Bob's mic, but essentially the entire show is on 2 channels.

I hope she got someone young and cheap

6 hours ago, Jackie said:

And that was my point - some nights her vocals are louder, others the backing track and others it's blended better - 

But thats mostly not the case. Thats what im trying to explain. The backing tracks are mostly equally volume, it's the spot where that person is recording what makes the difference in sound most of the time.  I can post 5 video's here from the same date, with the same song, but recorded at different spots in the arena, and they will sound different, all 5 of them. Some will sound more live than others from those 5 video's. Even zooming in with the camera changes the sound of vocals.  

And for those who don't believe me, try it yourself, pick a date, search for different video's from that same date but make sure it's all the same song. Trust me they all will sound different vocal wise... 

And my point is that she is singing live over backing tracks and it can be perfectly heard . And if you come across a video where her voice is not that loud, try another video recorded at a different spot from that same night and you will hear her vocals more prominent...

She's singing live, and for those who doubt that are just delusional... 

35 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Even if she was singing in front of some people, loud in their ear, accapella without a mic, some would still say she's having autotune on her lips or she's playing a loud backing track in her bag... 

It's getting anoying... 

But anyway, thanks for this information 🥰