The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

14 minutes ago, I am madonna said:

I still clearly remember Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Niki Haris back in Oct 2004 

Q : Do you have a favorite Madonna movie?

Niki Haris : Is that Possible?

Q : why you did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if you would tour with Madonna again?

Niki Haris :  I would do it when it's reinvention not regurgitation.

Regurgitation?

Regurgitation tour?

Seriously bitch?

She so wasnt invited anyway and sadly or not could you imagine M asking her to try and walk upside down doing the crab performing Vogue?  

Next! 

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

That’s what’s special about it all, and I feel Madonna really pushed herself harder vocally and physically last night. Who knows if their presence wasn’t a factor in this?! 

In contrast to what you noticed, from the videos I saw, she appeared tired, her movements were less energetic, and vocally, she was much shakier than usual. However, I didn't watch the entire concert so maybe you're right!

However, I imagine this tour is quite exhausting for her, there are dates when she seems more energetic and others where she looks like only hints at the steps in the choreography. It is certain, though, that she is still fantastic, considering the knee issues and the hip replacement she has. She's always giving her best!

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

I’m only sharing this for those who asked why there would be any friction or tension between any of the players in this dynamic.

Thank you! However, I don't remember if it was Niki who left Madonna or Madonna who fired her. Sometimes it seems more like Niki left Madonna.

Nonetheless, Niki had physical issues during the DWT, but I still found her good in the choreographies, during Holiday her dancing was smooth; at the end of Music, she also does all the squats (obviously not with the energy of Madonna).

In any case, what you're saying is true. The more I think about it, the more I believe it's unlikely we'll ever see them together again. This tour was the only chance.

Madonna is a different artist today, I don't think she even thinks about singing with them anymore. In this tour she doesn't even have live backing vocals, there is her pre-recorded voice, Niki and Donna old studio recordings (in NRM), Kiley Dean and she uses autotune. She moved on.

5 hours ago, kesiak said:

That whole rant from Siedah never made sense to me. First of all, she comes across as slightly unhinged, second of all - there's no way Donna would've done the gospel solo in Like A Prayer, she's not that kind of vocalist. And finally, she went on to tour with M again while Siedah did not. 

Agree!

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

Those hoping for a Donna & Niki reunion there is still LA, D&N have a show on the 8th March but could very well guest 7th or 9th Mar don’t be disheartened we don’t know whether last night they were front row to observe the show 

Hoping is free, but it's unlikely, I guess.

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Kelly’s smile and expression says it all! So adorable! 💝🔥💝🔥💝💃💃💃🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼

she is a MEGA fan, so happy for her, she genuinely had the time of her life!

The pro footage looks great, is this the first time we see the Vogue section filmed professionally?

https://pagesix.com/2024/01/30/entertainment/disappointment-as-madonna-brings-kelly-ripa-onstage-instead-of-beloved-former-background-singers-niki-donna/

Page Six: Disappointment as Madonna brings Kelly Ripa onstage instead of beloved former background singers, Niki + Donna

"Haris and De Lory were invited as Madonna’s guests and had prominent seats near the stage, an insider told Page Six.

But when the moment came on Monday, some fans were stunned and saddened when she brought out Ripa to join her on stage."

“Madonna didn’t even akcnowledge them,” a concertgoer told us.

"It’s unclear if the trio caught up backstage or after the show."

"Ripa had the time of her life too. She attended the concert with her husband Mark Consuelos, Anderson Cooper, Andy Cohen, Demi Moore and Amy Schumer, who we’re told “walked in with a ski cap, so no one would notice her.” She eventually took off the cap when the lights went down. Uma Thurman, Ana Navarro, Jessica Seinfeld, Maripol and downtown cabaret artist Joey Arias were also in the crowd."

Edited by Thiago Ciola (see edit history)

2 hours ago, I am madonna said:

I still clearly remember Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Niki Haris back in Oct 2004 

Q : Do you have a favorite Madonna movie?

Niki Haris : Is that Possible?

Q : why you did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if you would tour with Madonna again?

Niki Haris :  I would do it when it's reinvention not regurgitation.

Regurgitation?

Regurgitation tour?

Seriously bitch?

And more importantly "I would do it"

I would do it???

well well well look at where are you now.  

you gonna wish and You will only wish until you die. lol

I remember her making this comment. I also remember her saying during the Drowned World tour, Niki suggested Madonna perform more hits, and Madonna had a negative comment about that. I believe that was what prompted the regurgitation comment. Still, not a smart thing to do publicly, but it’s been 20 years. Who hasn’t said things they regret in their past?

46 minutes ago, Thiago Ciola said:

https://pagesix.com/2024/01/30/entertainment/disappointment-as-madonna-brings-kelly-ripa-onstage-instead-of-beloved-former-background-singers-niki-donna/

Page Six: Disappointment as Madonna brings Kelly Ripa onstage instead of beloved former background singers, Niki + Donna

"Haris and De Lory were invited as Madonna’s guests and had prominent seats near the stage, an insider told Page Six.

But when the moment came on Monday, some fans were stunned and saddened when she brought out Ripa to join her on stage."

“Madonna didn’t even akcnowledge them,” a concertgoer told us.

"It’s unclear if the trio caught up backstage or after the show."

"Ripa had the time of her life too. She attended the concert with her husband Mark Consuelos, Anderson Cooper, Andy Cohen, Demi Moore and Amy Schumer, who we’re told “walked in with a ski cap, so no one would notice her.” She eventually took off the cap when the lights went down. Uma Thurman, Ana Navarro, Jessica Seinfeld, Maripol and downtown cabaret artist Joey Arias were also in the crowd."

Madonna fans posing as insiders… business as usual lol

28 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I remember her making this comment. I also remember her saying during the Drowned World tour, Niki suggested Madonna perform more hits, and Madonna had a negative comment about that. I believe that was what prompted the regurgitation comment. Still, not a smart thing to do publicly, but it’s been 20 years. Who hasn’t said things they regret in their past?

She hasn't forgiven Chris so you know Nikki doesn't have a chance.

16 minutes ago, Winn said:

She hasn't forgiven Chris so you know Nikki doesn't have a chance.

I’m sure there’s way more to it than we will ever know. They could still be friends. Remember that Girlie Show reunion how close everyone seemed. And Chris texted Niki during it to say hello to everyone. It was also revealed Madonna knew about the reunion/stream.

I know Madonna is no innocent flower but there’s a certain level of betrayal in that Chris book situation that is wrong no matter how you look at it. And every single word of it both in the book and in the promo interviews made him look bad, not her. Perhaps she forgives him and still keeps in contact but she can’t have forgotten about it.

8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

If I’m not mistaken, I am 99.9% sure Madonna stated in an interview within the past 10 yrs, that her relationship with Chris has gotten better.

Yes, even Chris said they're back to talking again and she dedicated a song to him on one of her tours while he was in the audience. 

8 hours ago, Salida said:

I guess that after the tour is done, she'll take a few weeks to rest and will start working on something new immediately. Be it the movie or the album. I can't imagine her spending more than a month doing nothing.

I completely agree. She seems more reflective than ever and I can see this culminating in a new body of work sooner than we might expect, whatever form it'll take.

6 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

I think Niki and Donna's front row MSG tickets are as close to that stage as Niki is going to get. I’m a fan of the Donna & Niki’s work with Madonna but Niki took a steaming, bridge burning crap on M around the time she didn’t do the Re-Invention tour. I can no longer find the footage on youtube but watched it a few times as I’m certain more astute members of Madonna-infinity have. It was a European sit down interview and they cut together Niki’s off the cuff remarks about Madonna into categories, all pretty damning to talk about your (former) boss if you want to work with them ever again.

·         About JFK Jr.: Niki said Madonna told her  “..the mother (Jackie O) hates me”. Madonna has never spoken publicly about dating JFK Jr. and I’m guessing Niki signed an NDA.

·         About Warren Beatty. Niki said Warren “gave her class”. Niki followed it up with a slightly less shady explanation of Warren helping her into the Hollywood elite scene.

·         Niki said “Carlos was great” but alluded to him being pretty naïve.

·         Niki said Dennis Rodman something like “turned (Madonna) out” 

·         I’m pretty sure it was from the same interview but when asked about the initial negative general public reaction to Madonna’s Sex book & Erotica era, Niki said she something like she didn’t think ( at least the book) was very good or very sexy.

Niki’s changed her tune a bit over the years, at least in interviews, but it the damage was done. I'm not a hater but M's got reasons for not getting the girls back together, even for one song.

Niki is an Aries. Need we say more?

12 hours ago, acolyte said:

I just saw the speech she gave right before "I Will Survive" and I honestly don't understand why people are so upset that she didn't acknowledge (whatever that even means) Niki and Donna during the show. Clearly M had very different things on her mind last night. 

So powerful. So, Marie worked at the hospital and became a temporary at-home carer for M?

When I heard that N&D were going to be there on Monday night, I was close to buying a last-minute ticket, but luckily none were offered at face value.  Had I paid the money only to see N&D not invited on stage nor even acknowledged by Madonna, I would have been fuming

I wonder if Madonna decided not to bring them on-stage because she was afraid that they might get too warm a reception (i.e., if the crowd went wild, would Madonna feel like she had made a mistake in not featuring them in her tour?). 

Three minutes given to Michael Jackson, with whom she was photographed possibly 5 times, and zero given to N&D.  Hmmm.

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Yes, even Chris said they're back to talking again and she dedicated a song to him on one of her tours while he was in the audience. 

She said it on the Jonathan Ross show while promoting Rebel Heart. However, I am not aware of her dedicating a song to him. What tour and what song?

15 minutes ago, madonnainbrooklyn said:

I wonder if Madonna decided not to bring them on-stage because she was afraid that they might get too warm a reception (i.e., if the crowd went wild, would Madonna feel like she had made a mistake in not featuring them in her tour?). 

Nah. I don’t reckon she ever considered bringing them on stage last night let alone on tour . Maybe she’ll think about it now for another show.

1 hour ago, madonnainbrooklyn said:

When I heard that N&D were going to be there on Monday night, I was close to buying a last-minute ticket, but luckily none were offered at face value.  Had I paid the money only to see N&D not invited on stage nor even acknowledged by Madonna, I would have been fuming

Three minutes given to Michael Jackson, with whom she was photographed possibly 5 times, and zero given to N&D.  Hmmm.

Ok, so you agree to pay for the former chorists from the past but not for Madonna :laughing:

I think we just move on now from N&D we know N will make a shady comment about M again in the not so distant future. Also it's right you can't say bad things publicly about an ex employer and then be expected to be acknowledged or even re-employed again for future work.

Right next show hopefully Express yourself is back. 

21 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I think we just move on now from N&D we know N will make a shady comment about M again in the not so distant future. Also it's right you can't say bad things publicly about an ex employer and then be expected to be acknowledged or even re-employed again for future work.

Right next show hopefully Express yourself is back. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be sad if the acoustic song moment was removed altogether. It always makes me cringe, speeches aside.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic