The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

14 hours ago, MPowered said:

I’m still a bit bummed that she cut Oh Father and didn’t add it back in.

I was so excited for it when it was announced.

If I'm not mistaken, drownedmadonna published the setlist in order... does anyone remember in those videos what order was oh father sorry and hold tight?

7 hours ago, Champ said:

I saw an Instagram post by a female blogger, she flashed her during a serious moment while Madonna was singing Bad Girl and Madonna laughed. She also tipped Bob $5 at the close of the Vogue ballroom and he was pleasantly surprised. If I see it again I'll send it to you. 

Thank you so much!

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Detox a beer bitch on Madame X too?

Ah yes, that’s true (or at least bought a Polaroid)! They also used audience footage of Detox from Rebel Heart in the Madame X tour film as well. I remember talking to Detox around Rebel Heart Tour, right after Courtney Act had been unapologetic bitch, and she was waiting for her moment ;)

(On insta it looks like she did a Girlie Show number at the club prior to going to the show)

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

We know that. But having an interlude, especially one as weak as that, as the second last song is an anti climax. Of course a tribute to MJ is important but if it was shorter and lead into a proper performance of Like a Virgin it would be more impactful.

I am pretty sure that it all would make more sense with the other section that was cut.

Ahhh, but it is impactful. Perhaps it would've been shorter had Michael not gone home to heaven. But he did, and there is a bittersweet heaviness there. Such is life and grief. The connection is much deeper than what meets the eye, much more going on behind the scene/screen. This section, in my observation, is also a moment of gratitude for the many talented people whom are intertwined in Michael's and Madonna's work. From Freddy DeMann, Vince Patterson, to Peter Morse, Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett, Seidah Garrett, the list goes on and they are just a few I can recall off the top of my head. That's the professional side of it. Personally, they both have a lot in common, starting with their Michigan roots, Madonna has talked about the personal side and the similarities there. So much love and mutual motivation in the work, in the music, in the performances, in the fanbases, in the talent and the musicians, amongst many other talented people. History and Herstory..blessings upon blessings..

..You must be an Angel!

🕺💘💃