The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Before arriving in Australia for the rebel heart tour, Madonna announced an extra show on March 10, 2016, at Melbourne's Forum Theatre. The show was billed as an intimate gig, and was described by the singer as a fusion of music, art and comedy. It was titled as Madonna: Tears of a Clown show and was created for the singer's Australian fans, who had waited for her to perform there for the last 23 years.

It was always billed as a one off show 

I'm curious to learn what she'll be doing as an extra treat for Rio. At the least, I expect her performing "Girl from Ipanema" in the cowboy  Express Yourself/I Will Survive slot since she performed it for the Girlie Show. For RHT tour, the Australian TOAC show was not just a "thank you" but  a reaction to her own personal frustration with Rocco leaving her midtour and needing to shake herself up from the tour grind. This tour seems different since her onstage mood (most nights) looks like this the most fun she's had on tour in years.

Originally I was thinking she might have enough time between Mexico and Rio to rehearse any of the reported cut segments of this show but I think lack of rehearsal time would squash that. My most realistic guess yet still very much wishful thinking would be she premiers a new song. My rationale is she's got millions of eyes on her as well as everyone streaming it from various countries; Why not take advantage of the moment? BTW I don't think she's got an album ready to drop but a hot summer single would keep her momentum going.

1 minute ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

GK0GxNkWoAA9PuT?format=jpg&name=large

probably a tour book, or confirmation the mexico dates will be filmed as well as the rio broadcast?

Or the announcement of the new M video/single release after the snippet probably shared by Deezer Brazil. And the whole Opera shooting gets another meaning :cute:

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

For those who attended Los Angeles 

Wich show of those 5 dates would you considered the best? 

( also for those who watched all the dates on video)

I attended 3 out of 5 LA shows (March 4, 9 & 11). Performance wise, to me they all seemed equal; she seems to enjoy LA. Some might say the night Kylie joined her would be a highlight of those shows but I wasn't there on the 7th. Overall, the LA crowds were very enthusiastic. I saw her 2/28 in SF and  3/13 in Palm Desert and I felt the 3 LA shows had the most receptive crowds. 

Edited by Magic Pussy (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I attended 3 out of 5 LA shows (March 4, 9 & 11). Performance wise, to me they all seemed equal; she seems to enjoy LA. Some might say the night Kylie joined her would be a highlight of those shows but I wasn't there on the 7th. Overall, the LA crowds were very enthusiastic. I saw her 2/28 in SF and  3/13 in Palm Desert and I felt the 3 LA shows had the most receptive crowds. 

And vocally? Im making a sort of best dates playlist. And sometimes it's hard to choose lol 

She can do a biopic, another leg of the celebration tour, a video series, write a memoir as long as we have new music, and not just a song 🎵 

Sometimes I think it would be amazing to have a biopic with music inspired by her story, like songs that reflect what was happening/feeling etc in the respective eras and we could discuss endlessly if it is an album or a soundtrack 

39 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

She can do a biopic, another leg of the celebration tour, a video series, write a memoir as long as we have new music, and not just a song 🎵 

Sometimes I think it would be amazing to have a biopic with music inspired by her story, like songs that reflect what was happening/feeling etc in the respective eras and we could discuss endlessly if it is an album or a soundtrack 

I think the biopic idea was transferd into the Celebration Tour..

We never get a movie until she passes away i gues.. ( hope she will get at least 90 years old or even more)

13 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I think the biopic idea was transferd into the Celebration Tour..

We never get a movie until she passes away i gues.. ( hope she will get at least 90 years old or even more)

Everything is fan theory or speculation, what I’m trying to say is she can do whatever project she wants as long as we have new music #soon not Madonna #soon but real world #soon

4 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Everything is fan theory or speculation, what I’m trying to say is she can do whatever project she wants as long as we have new music #soon not Madonna #soon but real world #soon

Yes! BTW the she definietly used biopic elements in the show but the actual biopic isn't dead; Just paused bc of script and budget issues. The tour being so successful financially and PR wise that it will probably get her the additional pu$h she needs to resume development and into pre-production. 

11 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

For those who attended Los Angeles 

Wich show of those 5 dates would you considered the best? 

( also for those who watched all the dates on video)

I only attended the 7th, but it was transcendent (the one with Kylie). I also saw her in Boston. I think LA was a smidge better, but they both had their highlights. The crowd at both shows was incredible. 

1 hour ago, Joseebus said:

I'm guessing tour book. I wonder if it'll be available to buy at the Mexico shows next week.

Let's hope so. As I never went to her concerts before, how many of these do you think they usually bring for sale? I'm afraid there won't be many or any at all at the Rio concert, and to import right now in Brazil is getting quite expensive with all the taxes.

16 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

I'm curious to learn what she'll be doing as an extra treat for Rio. At the least, I expect her performing "Girl from Ipanema" in the cowboy  Express Yourself/I Will Survive slot since she performed it for the Girlie Show. For RHT tour, the Australian TOAC show was not just a "thank you" but  a reaction to her own personal frustration with Rocco leaving her midtour and needing to shake herself up from the tour grind. This tour seems different since her onstage mood (most nights) looks like this the most fun she's had on tour in years.

Originally I was thinking she might have enough time between Mexico and Rio to rehearse any of the reported cut segments of this show but I think lack of rehearsal time would squash that. My most realistic guess yet still very much wishful thinking would be she premiers a new song. My rationale is she's got millions of eyes on her as well as everyone streaming it from various countries; Why not take advantage of the moment? BTW I don't think she's got an album ready to drop but a hot summer single would keep her momentum going.

I loved the original Tears Of A Clown in Australia.

It was really a great show. I wish I were there.

So many mistakes, as she said, but she sang Mer Girl, Paradise (Not For Me), Between The Bars, Borderline. I think I would have cried if I were there.

Her mood was very bad, that's why calling the show Tears Of A Clown was perfect.

I hated the second livestream show, though.

Lately, her mood is sometimes good and sometimes bad. But I think that she'll love performing in Rio in front of a million people