Boy George about Madonna

True Blue 84

12 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I don't think insecurity was the reason why Elton John, 50 Cent, Lady Gaga or Boy George criticized her. It is simply some negative feeling that she inspires in them (envy, resentment, hatred, disapproval, etc.) and that leads them to make fun of her or criticize her at every opportunity and with the complicity, of course, of certain media with their questions. opportunists.

Egocentrism may be considered a defect but it serves to succeed in this type of situation where the other party will seek your attention through their criticism or lack of respect but the only thing they will achieve is to be seen with contempt or ignored by the egocentrist who feels be more important than others.

@Anapausis

Oh dear I take ur words as a cumpliment, I know exactly what I do. Btw, are you a Taurus too, chico? An egomaniac recognizes other ones.

Boy George is a fucking Icon. An unashamed gay man and all the complexities that comes with from a time when it was difficult to be queer. Both he and Madonna are disciples of Bowie and I think thats's where a lot of the beef comes from. Who did it better, particularly as they are from the same era. Gaga is the same. If you know anything about boy most of his quips are usually followed by a laugh and are just a cackle and a kiki. It's usually said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Maybe this doesn't come across well if you aren't British but he's a perfect British eccentric whilst being amazingly self aware. He's fascinating and his two autobiogs Take It Like A Man and Straight are two of the best (if not the in the case of TILAM) I have ever read. He's a pioneer and let's be honest....Madonna did come to the UK an adopt some of his style tips. Culture Club as a concept was pretty forward thinking too.

I love him for all his flaws and the world of music would be a much duller place without him. 

It's all in good fun x 

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Boy George is a fucking Icon. An unashamed gay man and all the complexities that comes with from a time when it was difficult to be queer. Both he and Madonna are disciples of Bowie and I think thats's where a lot of the beef comes from. Who did it better, particularly as they are from the same era. Gaga is the same. If you know anything about boy most of his quips are usually followed by a laugh and are just a cackle and a kiki. It's usually said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Maybe this doesn't come across well if you aren't British but he's a perfect British eccentric whilst being amazingly self aware. He's fascinating and his two autobiogs Take It Like A Man and Straight are two of the best (if not the in the case of TILAM) I have ever read. He's a pioneer and let's be honest....Madonna did come to the UK an adopt some of his style tips. 

I love him for all his flaws and the world of music would be a much duller place without him. 

It's all in good fun x 

Tricksters have been made for being loved and idolized, that's why we all need 'em <3 <3 <3

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Boy George is a fucking Icon. An unashamed gay man and all the complexities that comes with from a time when it was difficult to be queer. Both he and Madonna are disciples of Bowie and I think thats's where a lot of the beef comes from. Who did it better, particularly as they are from the same era. Gaga is the same. If you know anything about boy most of his quips are usually followed by a laugh and are just a cackle and a kiki. It's usually said with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Maybe this doesn't come across well if you aren't British but he's a perfect British eccentric whilst being amazingly self aware. He's fascinating and his two autobiogs Take It Like A Man and Straight are two of the best (if not the in the case of TILAM) I have ever read. He's a pioneer and let's be honest....Madonna did come to the UK an adopt some of his style tips. Culture Club as a concept was pretty forward thinking too.

It's all in good fun x 

Well said.  While I think he was quite toxic and jealous of Madonna, he definitely was a huge talent, and I feel he wasted that away by his personal demons.  Yet, he's still here and telling his story.  That's all it is now.  His voice is no longer what it used to be, but he still uses it to his advantage because he still sounds good. George was hardly a "one hit wonder" and even though U.S. casted him aside, he did manage somewhat a comeback success in the 90's with The Crying Game. 

I did enjoy his latest album Life with Culture Club. 

I probably haven't listened to Boy George or Culture club in 20 years but I can still name

• Karma Chamelean
  • Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
  • Victims
  • Church Of The Poison Mind
  • White Boy
  • The War Song
  • Mistake no 3
  • Bow Down Mister
  • The Crying Game
  • Time Clock Of The Heart
  • I'll Tumble 4 Ya
  • It's A Miracle 
  • Miss Me Blind
  • Move Away
  • Everything I Own
  • I Just Wanna Be Loved

Off the top of my head. Far far far from a one hit wonder. They've sold absolutely millions of records. 

17 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I probably haven't listened to Boy George or Culture club in 20 years but I can still name

• Karma Chamelean
  • Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
  • Victims
  • Church Of The Poison Mind
  • The War Song
  • White Boy
  • The War Song
  • Mistake no 3
  • Bow Down Mister
  • The Crying Game
  • Time Clock Of The Heart
  • I'll Tumble 4 Ya
  • It's A Miracle 
  • Miss Me Blind
  • Move Away
  • Everything I Own
  • I Just Wanna Be Loved

Off the top of my head. Far far far from a one hit wonder. They've sold absolutely millions of records. 

And I believe all or nearly all were top 40 songs if not top 10 in many regions. Like with a lot of entertainers, I can put his personal demons aside and still enjoy the music he produced.  At most, I can say the man sadly pissed his career away due to a lot of bad choices he made. He and Culture Club are really due for a huge comeback, even if it's just for a brief moment. 

1 hour ago, MerBoy13 said:

Boy George is as usual using Madonna's name to get attention and as usual and rightly so Madonna is completely ignoring him which is winding him up more. 

Is he though? Or is the media just bringing up old wounds based on a new autobiography he wrote?  I think some here are failing to recognize how the media likes to twist things to make like one is badmouthing another when they aren't.  Yes, he had an issue with her in the past, but he's moved on. Obviously, it's something he mentions in his new book which the media latched onto, making it like the two are having some feud now.

44 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Is he though? Or is the media just bringing up old wounds based on a new autobiography he wrote?  I think some here are failing to recognize how the media likes to twist things to make like one is badmouthing another when they aren't.  Yes, he had an issue with her in the past, but he's moved on. Obviously, it's something he mentions in his new book which the media latched onto, making it like the two are having some feud now.

Well if it was an old wound he should not of put that in there. 

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

It's all in good fun x 

It's refreshing to read a well-rounded, educated and appreciative opinion about him here.

And yeh, that charming yet messy Gemini sure knows how to communicate an entertaining story.

TILAM is an incredible autobiography. I encourage those who like the genre to check it out, Boy George fan or not.

His second, Straight, is a lot bitchier, probably because he was addicted to drugs during the writing/collation of it.

44 minutes ago, MerBoy13 said:

Well if it was an old wound he should not of put that in there. 

LOL! It's his autobiography.  Stories like that for any entertainer's biography make for interesting reading.  Celebrities... people in general always speak of their struggles in life and what sort of demons they fought. Again, it always makes interesting reading and redemption for many. Obviously, Madonna did make some sort of impact on his life, to even mention her. But I'm sure it's just a small fraction of a million other things he told in his book. But again, the media likes to cherry pick things to exploit and create drama.  And apparently some fall for it, and cast him as someone awful when he most likely didn't initiate any conversation about Madonna when being interviewed for his book.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:10 AM, A. A. Aardvark said:

i thought 'ye were all against ageism 
or is there others you lump together ?
the highlight of his career was having tea with David Bowie
apparently

He's not attacking him for being older, THAT would be ageist.  He's saying Boy George is a terrible person, and that it's not uncommon in certain segments of gay culture to have "bitchy" as the primary aspect of their personality.  It just so happens that most of those people are older.

George made some bad choices in his life. I don't necessarily agree with his choices, but I always am able to see the contributions he made as an entertainer.  With Culture Club and a few solo efforts, I enjoyed the music. How he treated/reacted Madonna is no concern to me, when I know Madonna is no "angel" herself. He obviously had worst demons to work through, but for now I can see he's overcome them. I don't believe he really harbors ill feelings towards Madonna as he expressed in the past.

10 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

t's not uncommon in certain segments of gay culture to have "bitchy" as the primary aspect of their personality.  It just so happens that most of those people are older.

Reading each other was a sport gay men used to toughen each other up as an aid to face the harsh  world outside. It’s not used as much now because a) the world is generally more queer friendly and b) people play nice to each others faces and then go and bitch twice as bad in the comments sections online. 

17 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

He's not attacking him for being older, THAT would be ageist.  He's saying Boy George is a terrible person, and that it's not uncommon in certain segments of gay culture to have "bitchy" as the primary aspect of their personality.  It just so happens that most of those people are older.

He said that most older gay men are characterized by having this attitude. He is practically generalizing

For example, this Dominican artist Tokischa has always seemed like a vulgar woman to me, but it would never occur to me to say that the majority of women in her country are vulgar like her because I would be generalizing all Dominican women and that is unacceptable and inadmissible. But that is precisely what this person does with that comment: implying that the majority of older gay men have this pattern of behavior and that is why his comment sounds homophobic and ageist. That is why you have to be more careful and think carefully before writing a comment so as not to fall into generalizations and hurt the sensibilities of people who feel they are being referred to.

Lest we forget that Boy George opened and closed Jean Paul Gaultier's final runway show in 2020...

rs_1024x759-200122141703-634-3-jean-paul

https://twitter.com/JPGaultier/status/1063093177693995010
https://twitter.com/JPGaultier/status/1007308319613247488
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/37/75/043775011a2105db76bbca836d64e047.jpg

JPG is clearly a fan, so if George is forgivable for M's dear friend, then he should too be for her fans.