Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

Just now, McDonna said:

The official press statement states she's bringing The Celebration Tour show to Brazil.  It's pretty clear it's the same show.  I wouldn't say she won't switch out a couple songs for something specific for Brazill as she's been doing all along during the tour when switching out "I Will Survive" and/or "Rain".  :party:

I can just imagine how she will perform Live To Tell and Ray of Light...

2 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

Yes, I don't think those will be done in a cube - so same setlist, but stage modified - but also, it might be too windy if on beach - so not safe to do it.

I am sure she will modify the setlist slightly to bring in South American flare into it - 

8 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

That supossed DVD would be 300 different concerts on different cities with 30 different skirts and guests on each second.

Let's be happy that we have a good ending of the 40 years career celebration with a LIVE broadcast!

Exactly!  She has one shot to get it right. Whatever happens, it will be broadcasted as is.  While I am sure she will be nervous and in a chaotic state to make sure she's on point, I believe she will slay it, knowing this is her only shot for the world to see it unfold.  And if she messes up, so what?  No concert is perfect. And when you have a zillion recordings to compare it to, it's only that much easier to point out the mistakes and blunders.  At the end of the day, no one attending will care and I personally am looking forward to the broadcast!  She''ll be fine! :party:

I’m going to say what we all want to say but are to “above it all” to say

This Copacabana show shits over Taytay and Beyoncés stadium tour, it’s a much grander experience and it’s going to get millions in publicity. 

Im not undermining other artists or want to start a Stan wars but it feels AMAZINGLY GOOD 🤣

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I’m going to say what we all want to say but are to “above it all” to say

This Copacabana show shits over Taytay and Beyoncés stadium tour, it’s a much grander experience and it’s going to get millions in publicity. 

Im not undermining other artists or want to start a Stan wars but it feels AMAZINGLY GOOD 🤣

Yes it does! and what a way to finish off the tour! 

4 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

I wouldn't count it out. Remember there have been other entertainers who have been suspended in air in open air venues.  P!nk does it a lot.  Didn't Michael Jackson do something that suspended in air years back in an open air venue?  I guess we'll see, but I doubt those parts will be changed. I'm sure they have thought out all the logistics to make sure she remains safe. :party:

43 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

I’m really curious about the stage setup at the beach. Will it be the same full show or different setlist 🤔 

The governor at the press conference said... "That the show it's two hours long," "That the setlist is not confirmed, neither guest artists", "The stage is the same. ,but it will be bigger" because now the show it's only for arenas..

Ok, just finished to read the whole 5 pages conversation and I'm so fucking happy and smiling, for our joy, for our enthusiasm, for the HUGE sharing the night of the 4th of may is gonna be for all of us around the world and the happiness that we'll feel just watching a one million crowd, full of super lucky fans, celebrating her career and dancing their asses off, cause, for how I know them, Brazilians will show the right way to do it :lol:

And yes @Askeroff! We're gonna have the live recording, without crazy editing or tons of filters and weird visual effects, we deserve, as for WTG, BA or GS (I can't access to the platform though, I'm afraid I need a VPN right @rodrigochecchia?)

@McDonna of course she's not gonna change it much, at most she could have a guest for the acoustic section. My ideal set list includes Express Yourself and RAIN! #copacabanaforraaaain

What a tour guys, what a perfect way to close this celebration experience :hearteyes: No one as M!

Okay I will go and I’ve already booked a bus trip (excursion? Idk how to say it in English) to go there since I don’t live that far from Rio. I wonder if arriving at 9am will make me grab a nice spot there lol.

As for guests, it would be a great opportunity to have Anitta onstage and sing Faz Gostoso with her maybe after Hung Up? Ohhh boy I am so hyped!

12 minutes ago, andirabo said:

The governor at the press conference said... "That the show it's two hours long," "That the setlist is not confirmed, neither guest artists", "The stage is the same. ,but it will be bigger" because now the show it's only for arenas..

Correct  

The set list has NOT been decided.

I hope the live show goes well as the last live performance that she nailed was really the superbowl but agree it means we are likely to get a recording of the show that is actually like watching the show unlike the last over edited recordings  - I hope she doesn't change the set list 

15 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

OBVIOUSLY Madonnas team will have the camera direction in TVGlobo’s broadcast, that’s the least I expect from our anal Queen 

The station will probably have some of their own cameras for additional things like wide and audience shots and Madonna’s team will have the same cameras/shots that are used in the show. They can just feed those into the broadcast for all the shots on the stage. This is probably why she’s ok doing a live broadcast, because they already have the shots/angles fairly well mapped out.

If you look at recent concert films like Taylor Swift the trend of filming/editing stuff like a music video is in the past. So I wouldn’t expect an over edited version of this show to follow. Hopefully theyll just fine tune the live broadcast and then sell it to streaming. A bit like what happened with the Maluma one.

7 minutes ago, ozzgreen said:

I believed in the rumor and two weeks ago I prepared my trip to Rio de Janeiro. I believed in Madonna, felt Madonna's power, believed that the tour could be in Rio. I'm very happy that today it's already official and the best thing is that I bought everything at the real value and not the current surcharges. Greetings from Chilean Patagonia! 🎉🎶🇨🇱
Viaje.thumb.jpg.647b88f61af899c5deae22fdb0ac5067.jpg

That’s so exciting!!!

11 minutes ago, ozzgreen said:

I believed in the rumor and two weeks ago I prepared my trip to Rio de Janeiro. I believed in Madonna, felt Madonna's power, believed that the tour could be in Rio. I'm very happy that today it's already official and the best thing is that I bought everything at the real value and not the current surcharges. Greetings from Chilean Patagonia! 🎉🎶🇨🇱
Viaje.thumb.jpg.647b88f61af899c5deae22fdb0ac5067.jpg

This is the kind of faith that moves mountains but in this case buys plane tickets 😉 just be sure the pilot knows his ways across the Andes 

31 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

OBVIOUSLY Madonnas team will have the camera direction in TVGlobo’s broadcast, that’s the least I expect from our anal Queen 

So do I! If I know Globo (and I've been watching it for my entire life) they would certainly interrupt the concert to show local celebrities enjoying the show at some VIP lounge...

Hopefully, that will not happen.

My reservation for the Airbnb is ready. I’m going with my ex-bf, ex-brother-in-law and a friend of theirs. It’s gonna be weird? Probably, cause I know how annoying and jealous my ex can be - especially when it comes to the fact that I have a friend who live in Rio (which I’m in love for the past three years, but he doesn’t feel the same) and my ex absolutely loathes him just bc of this.

I hope everything goes well and I manage to see this friend of mine again since the last I saw him was when I had a trip to Rio last year to celebrate my bday with him (yeah, he means so much to me that I went to Rio only to be with him on my bday, even knowing he doesn’t love me the same way I do love him)