How to watch Celebration in Rio

10 hours ago, Scottyx said:

Lol I prob won't get it to work 

If you have it set to translate - sometimes the page will not show - turn off translate in your browser.

22 hours ago, DRY99O aka RCB said:

GLOBOPLAY "VIDEO DOWNLOADER "

I'm not sure if GLOBO will leave the live stream available on GloboPlay, but if they do, it'll probably be for a limited time.
If that happens, you can download the video with this amazing Chrome extension I've been using for some time.
You just have to open the window of the video, start playing then click on the extension link (usually above the bookmarks tab) and download the video.
Video usually comes in good 720p quality with the average of 3500 kbps.

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/video-downloader-cococut/ekhbcipncbkfpkaianbjbcbmfehjflpf

:05:

Thanks for that, now I can download that doc In France with Madonna and some soap operas lol

These web downloaders work yes but they stop recording when it reaches a certain size then you would need to record it again for it to continue especially with 'live' streams. I would attempt after it has been streamed, but there is a risk it may not be playable again.

19 minutes ago, Blondie said:

These web downloaders work yes but they stop recording when it reaches a certain size then you would need to record it again for it to continue especially with 'live' streams. I would attempt after it has been streamed, but there is a risk it may not be playable again.

I wouldn't recommend these downloaders for the stream.
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder is a great option for recording live.

46 minutes ago, honestlyhlf said:

Just to compile the information shared thus far into one post:

FOR THOSE OF US OUTSIDE OF BRAZIL WHO WISH TO WATCH THE SHOW/BROADCAST LIVE:

1.      THE SHOW WILL BE BROADCAST ON TV GLOBO & MULTISHOW. YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A GLOBOPLAY ACCOUNT.

The show will be broadcast on TV Globo (a free TV channel in Brazil) and on Multishow (a paid for channel in Brazil). We currently expect that the TV Globo (free) broadcast will start closer to the show start time, whereas the Multishow (paid) broadcast should include Diplo’s full DJ set, etc.

We can expect to see the programme listing here by Wednesday 1st May/Thursday 2nd May, and on the day, there should be a banner on Globoplay.

You can create a free Globoplay account to gain access to TV Globo here. Alternatively, you can sign up and pay to gain access to Multishow here with the ‘Globoplay + canais’ subscription.

2.      YOU WILL NEED TO USE A VPN THAT HAS BRAZILIAN SERVERS.

Due to copyright restrictions, you will need to use a VPN that enables you to connect to Brazilian servers in order to watch the TV Globo or Multishow broadcasts live/in real time.

Commonly recommended VPNs include NordVPN and Surfshark due to the range of servers available and fast download/upload speeds. Both of these do charge a small monthly fee, but come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you sign up for either now and do not wish to use them beyond the broadcast, you can cancel and get your money back.

Not sure how to set up and use a VPN? The setup guides (covering various operating systems/devices) are here for NordVPN and here for Surfshark.

On the day of the broadcast, you will need to ensure you have connected to a Brazilian server/set your location to Brazil via your VPN.

You can check that everything’s good to go in advance by connecting to a Brazilian server/setting your location to Brazil via your VPN, logging into Globoplay, and trying to watch TV Globo (or Multishow, if you’ve purchased the subscription plan). If you can watch then you’re good to go.

3.      THE SHOW IS SCHEDULED TO START AT 9:45 PM (BRT) ON SATURDAY 4TH MAY 2024.

Show Start Time in Brazil (BRT):  9:45 pm on Saturday 4th May 2024.

Show Start Time in Your Local Timezone:  Click here and input your location/timezone in the field under 'Add locations'.

After a few attempts, I was able to successfully sign up for free on Globoplay.  It kept asking for a cellular number to add more security to the account, but the numbers it wants is not equal to how my number is displayed, but I was able to bypass that by selecting I would set it at a different time. However, it kept taking me to an "oops page".  I had to reset a password to my account (which I never originally set when first signing up) and it finally worked. 

Note: all programing will be locked, so if you try to play something it won't let you until you switch to a Brazilian VPN server.

3 minutes ago, Donna said:

After a few attempts, I was able to successfully sign up for free on Globoplay.  It kept asking for a cellular number to add more security to the account, but the numbers it wants is not equal to how my number is displayed, but I was able to bypass that by selecting I would set it at a different time. However, it kept taking me to an "oops page".  I had to reset a password to my account (which I never originally set when first signing up) and it finally worked. 

Note: all programing will be locked, so if you try to play something it won't let you until you switch to a Brazilian VPN server.

Ooof! Thankfully I didn't have that challenge when I signed up, but thank you for sharing your experience and how you got around it - I'll update the post to mention it. Was this with a US/North American phone number (if you don't mind me asking)?

43 minutes ago, honestlyhlf said:

Ooof! Thankfully I didn't have that challenge when I signed up, but thank you for sharing your experience and how you got around it - I'll update the post to mention it. Was this with a US/North American phone number (if you don't mind me asking)?

Yes.  The amount of numbers it was requiring didn't fit the way we list our numbers.  Luckily there was an option to leave it for an update later. However, each time I tried to bypass it, it kept sending me to an error page. Eventually, when I reset my password, I was able to by pass submitting my number. Anyway, I am able to access the site and content without no issues of now.  Keep in mind everything remains locked until you switch to a Brazilian VPN server.

3 minutes ago, Ric Di Olive said:

Isn't GloboPlay available in more than 20 countries? They said US, Australia, Canada, the UK, and some 20+ other European countries

I'd need to look into it more, but - and there may be exceptions to this - it looks like it may only be accessible with the purchase of other TV/streaming subscriptions within said countries (as it is with the Sling TV subscription in the US).

I'll do some more research when my baby niece has left and add any useful information I find to the big post for everyone.

5 minutes ago, honestlyhlf said:

I'd need to look into it more, but - and there may be exceptions to this - it looks like it may only be accessible with the purchase of other TV/streaming subscriptions within said countries (as it is with the Sling TV subscription in the US).

I'll do some more research when my baby niece has left and add any useful information I find to the big post for everyone.

Yes, GloboTV can be accessible through certain apps/streaming/cable services. For instance, it's included in the channel line up for Sling TV.   Additionally, since 2020, Globoplay has been available in the United States. The subscription fee is $13.99 per month. In addition to downloading the app on Google Play Store, App Store, and through smart TVs, users can also access Globoplay via Roku devices since 2021. 

1 hour ago, Donna said:

Yes, GloboTV can be accessible through certain apps/streaming/cable services. For instance, it's included in the channel line up for Sling TV.   Additionally, since 2020, Globoplay has been available in the United States. The subscription fee is $13.99 per month. In addition to downloading the app on Google Play Store, App Store, and through smart TVs, users can also access Globoplay via Roku devices since 2021. 

And I dont think u need to pay coz the broadcast will be free on the day of the show. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Di Olive said:

And I dont think u need to pay coz the broadcast will be free on the day of the show. 

Well, if you're getting Globotv through those subscriptions services, then yes you pay for those specific services, but not specifically for the network alone if you already have it or signed up to their website for free.

I'm just hoping that GloboTV isn't going restrict access from those people who signed up free and only offer the broadcast to the their paying customers. 

31 minutes ago, Spanky1995 said:

Do I need to have the vpn installed on router or just my device? 

How are you hoping to watch?

If it's directly on a smart TV with the Globoplay app, it's going to depend on your TV. Some smart TVs have native VPN support (so you can set it up directly on the TV). Mine (outdated and never replaced because I use it once in a blue moon) doesn't have native VPN support, so I'd have to run the VPN on my router in order to watch TV Globo on the Globoplay app. It's fairly straightforward to do if you have a compatible router, although I rarely recommend it because it can be inconvenient to manage (particularly if there are other people connected to the router who maybe don't want the VPN running on it).

I find it simpler/easier to run everything on my laptop or phone and then connect it or cast it to the TV (if I want to watch something on the TV).

Edited by honestlyhlf (see edit history)

1 minute ago, honestlyhlf said:

How are you hoping to watch?

If it's directly on a smart TV with the Globoplay app, it's going to depend on your TV. Some smart TVs have native VPN support (so you can set it up directly on the TV). Mine (outdated and never replaced because I use it once in a blue moon) doesn't have native VPN support, so I'd have to run the VPN on my router in order to watch TV Globo on the Globoplay app. It's fairly straightforward to do if you have a compatible router, although I rarely recommend it because it can be inconvenient to manage (particularly if there other people connected to the router who maybe don't want the VPN running on it).

I find it simpler/easier to run everything on my laptop or phone and then connect it or cast it to the TV (if I want to watch something on the TV).

Yes was going to do it through my tv but through a smart box which as let me download globoplay and nord vpn I just now need to set it all up and just hope it works....anyway thank you for replying 😊 

6 minutes ago, Spanky1995 said:

Thank you the stress is real right now...I'm not in work for 4 nights and I'm planning on watching live (if it works) it will be 02.30am but I'm so looking forward to this 

I assume you won't have any issue.  My only fear is that they won't make the broadcast available to those signed up to the free portion of their app/website. 

5 minutes ago, Spanky1995 said:

Yes was going to do it through my tv but through a smart box which as let me download globoplay and nord vpn I just now need to set it all up and just hope it works....anyway thank you for replying 😊 

My tv is set up as the monitor to my computer, so it was just a matter of signing up to a free account at the website.  So I can imagine your set up would be similar to mine.  I just had to switch the VPN to a Brazil server and then I was able to play all their free content.

If I were you, I would set it up now and see how it works! This way you'll be ready for next Saturday! :)

• Enrico unfeatured and locked this topic