Did Madonna ever do the Easter egg thing like TS in her videos?

Tudors

11 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

what?

:Madonna032:

I don't like saying her name sorry. It's the constant overexposure 🙏🏻

An Easter egg is a message, image, or feature hidden in software, a video game, a film, or another — usually electronic — medium.

In this video

There is a scene with a dress in the museum which previously worn here during the albums original cycle by a young Joey king in this video

I think its more of a recent phenomenon that started with kpop. All the idol groups would do EPs and each cycle is called a "come back" and they often do the easter eggs for future releases. They also would do the variants with random photo cards and concept photoshoots which I think taylor started with reputation or lover

I don’t know if it call them Easter eggs as such, maybe more self-referential but for the Fan Version of the Celebration Video her dancers from the sticky and sweet tour recreated her iconic looks. Lourdes is wearing the VMAs bridal outfit, Sophia Boutella is wearing the Like A Virgin look etc. 

also on the sticky and sweet tour these looks were worn by the dancers for the She’s Not Me segment of the show. 

and similarly for the Celebration tour multiple iconic looks were worn by dancers during the Bitch Im Madonna segment. There’s also the latex mask wearing “young Madonna” featured throughout the show. Particularly self-referential in the scene where they masturbate on the bed together wearing the Gaultier cone bra referencing the Like A Virgin performance from the Blonde Ambition tour. The celebration tour has quite a few moments like that. But again, I don’t know if I’d classify them as Easter eggs so might not be what you’re looking for. 

https://youtu.be/b4lF_A4f7RQ?si=JpwsWz1tfPQGRVk4

Edited by Veronica-Electronica (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I don't think Madonna has ever done what is referred to as "easter eggs." Referencing herself is not really the same thing. My understanding is an easter egg is something that is hidden/not obvious.

Thankyou, I was struggling in putting my finger on the difference and you hit it spot on. 💯

9 hours ago, Tudors said:

I feel like I remember hearing the RIT Bedtime Story video had a reference to the og Bedtime Story video but I can't remember what 🤔

She just stands next to a mirror and talks to it/viewer, sometimes silencing both. Then she's being scanned, later a horse is running through white dunes, next Madonna is running after the horse between white veils or perhaps she changes into that horse. 

I wouldn't say it references original Bedtime Story, rather I see similarites to Human Nature when glitches occur in Orbital video.

Thankfully she didn’t do something as dumb and annoying as the climate terrorist. 

T***** S**** in general copied her entire marketing strategy from KPOP. The latter is a highly manufactured and synchronized music industry. They are focusing 100% on marketing strategies without substance to profit off the fanbase and increase their obsession. Swifties were easy victims for that crap.

Man, Madonna's fan base is not mainly children and teenagers like Taylor Swift's, it is obvious that Madonna would never do something so childish, if she wants to make any reference to the past she already did with The Celebration Tour and if she wants to make any reference to the future, she does it through a publication on her social networks like any normal artist would do, doesn't do "find the Easter bunny eggs" nonsense like your fans are people ages 5 to 17. 

"Easter eggs" by definition are hidden.

An "easter egg" is not a tease. It's also not an overt, clear reference to previous work.

Example: Madonna singing "you've got to just, let your body move to the music" in Deeper & Deeper is not an easter egg. She's clearly referencing Vogue. There's nothing hidden about it.

An "easter egg" makes the viewer work to discover it. Early special edition DVDs had easter eggs galore hidden in their menus. Often times you would navigate to a section of the menu that didn't seem to be an obvious point and you could view hidden deleted scenes or other extras. A perfect example of a real "easter egg" is the "Memento" DVD. It's a movie famously told backwards. A hidden feature (not listed as a bonus feature on the back cover) allowed you to watch the entire film chronologically rather than backwards.

More info on that here:

34 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

"Easter eggs" by definition are hidden.

An "easter egg" is not a tease. It's also not an overt, clear reference to previous work.

Example: Madonna singing "you've got to just, let your body move to the music" in Deeper & Deeper is not an easter egg. She's clearly referencing Vogue. There's nothing hidden about it.

An "easter egg" makes the viewer work to discover it. Early special edition DVDs had easter eggs galore hidden in their menus. Often times you would navigate to a section of the menu that didn't seem to be an obvious point and you could view hidden deleted scenes or other extras. A perfect example of a real "easter egg" is the "Memento" DVD. It's a movie famously told backwards. A hidden feature (not listed as a bonus feature on the back cover) allowed you to watch the entire film chronologically rather than backwards.

More info on that here:

Correct.

Also Disney (hidden Mickeys) and Pixar are famous for having a bunch of Easter eggs in their movies.

You find them in lots of software/hardware and games (where the term started)

In music used to be the 'ghost' track that played after few minutes for the last one. Or pressing back on the first track of the CD to find the hidden track (Kylie did that with 'Password" in "Light Years")

Referencing is not an easter egg, but it might be a newly tiktok appropriation of a term that is hard to find in a streaming era with not much physical media.

Mind you is the same place people 'flavour water ' and keep calling it water.

I can hear her saying: "Why should I? It's boring" and rolling her eyes to the idea.

No offense to Swift and her fans, but I think most people interested in Madonna's work doesn't have time to invest in that kind of approach and how these things are constructed to make them obsessed with her next step (except for us, a dozen gays from forums LOL).

I think some are confusing "paying homage" to things or people when "Easter Eggs" in the entertainment industry are actually images, messages,, or special features hidden in software, a video game, a film, or another, usually electronic medium. It isn't something Taylor Swift invented. Other musical artists long before her have been known to hide "easter eggs" in their videos/music.  It's been going on for decades.  Many seem to really pin pont the start of it in films with the cult classic The ROCKY HORROR SHOW.  However, it started even before that. The term used in this manner was coined around 1979 by Steve Wright, the then-Director of Software Development in the Atari Consumer Division, to describe a hidden message in the Atari video game Adventure, in reference to an Easter egg hunt.  Some claim it goes even back further to 1973 with the video game Moonlander, where the player may encounter a McDonald's restaurant, if played in a particular flight mode.  All in all, Easter Eggs are an actual fun aspect for film, game and/or music buffs. I'm sure many probably could go back even further in cinema and in music and find hidden messages or imagery that directors or artists have slyly added in for their amusement.