MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

Ok, I understand many fans have a problem with I'm Breathless. Even if it's not a proper soundtrack, it's not even counted in the number of Madonna's albums, why? Only because it is different? But it still contains VOGUE! And Like a virgin is very different from Erotica or American Life, Madonna never repeats herself (ehm.. not always, at least).Being a musical theatre fan, I love I'm Breathless, especially the Stephen Sondheim tracks and He's a man. Back in business works very well, very good production. I find Something to remember a little more boring, maybe the most sleepy track of the album.VENI VIDI VICI. I am a Latin teacher, of course I adore this track. What a loss in the countdown. We all love the self references and if you listen to the demo you understand that the Holiday insert is great. I always imagined this piece as a section-opener in the tour, with a nice backdrop video and then M coming out to sing the chorus. Well, maybe next time... :Madonna002:American Life. Oh how I love this album. Sooner or later some tracks had to go, and I'd rather have chosen Hollywood, with its looping structure, always sonding the same... Sorry! I'm so stupid has a similar problem. I like the meaning, but the song is too repetitive. Maybe @Dazedmadonna you're right when you say that Mother and Father will be the next one, although it is well written, some interesting words choice such as "phoniness": probably the less interesting song about the mother's death is Inside of me (although it's very sweet and intimate) and so it's acceptable that it's gone. Mer Girl should have stayed, because it's original and unexpected. It defines the ROL album.I am a little bit sorry for the Bedtime story tracks, I love M when she shows her weak side, :Madonna007:as in Love tried to welcome me, and Forbidden love is very sexy, it's Erotica evolving in Bedtime Stories. I spent so much time trying to understand Babyface's spoken lyrics!

If I see another AL song or I (Slay) Want You in the next round I'll legit cry, I swear.

[updated] Results recap so far:

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#130-#139 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=181407

130 -- Inside of Me [bedtime Stories]

131 -- Love Tried To Welcome Me [bedtime Stories]

132 -- Mer Girl [Ray of Light]

133 -- American Pie [Music]

134 -- I'm So Stupid [American Life]

135 -- Back In Business [i’m Breathless]

136 -- Forbidden Love [bedtime Stories]

137 – Isaac [Ray of Light]

138 -- Veni Vidi Vici (feat. Nas) [Rebel Heart]

139 -- Something to Remember [i’m Breathless]

Previous Results

#140-#199 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=179895

#200-#268 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=164289

Album Tally

Album Rank / Album Title / # of Eliminated Tracks / Total Tracks / Eliminated Tracks

1. American Life: 1/11: I'm So Stupid[134]

1. Who’s That Girl: 1/4: Can't Stop [245]

3.  Madonna: 2/8: I Know It [231]; Think of Me[213]

3. Something to Remember: 2/7: One More Chance[224]; Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Remix)[ 194]

5. Like a Prayer: 3/11: Act of Contrition [239]; Love Song (with Prince)[ 214] / Dear Jessie[162]

6. True Blue: 4/11: Love Makes the World Go Round[248] / Jimmy Jimmy[263] / True Blue[149] / White Heat[145]

7. COADF: 5/15: Superpop[240] / Fighting Spirit[209] / History[155] / Push[147]/ Isaac[137]

7. Ray of Light: 5/15: Little Star[180] / Candy Perfume Girl[167] / Shanti/Ashtangi[168] / To Have and Not To Hold[153]/ Mer Girl[132]

7. Like a Virgin: 5/10: Pretender[238]; Stay[243]; Shoo-Bee-Doo[256]; Over and Over[191] / Love Don't Live Here Anymore[144]

10. Music: 6/13: Cyberraga[184] / Lo Que Siente La Mujer[176] / Nobody's Perfect [172] / Runaway Lover[158] / Amazing[154]/ American Pie[133]

10. Erotica: 6/14: Did You Do It?[268] / In This Life[166] / Secret Garden[157] / Bye Bye Baby[152] / Fever[151] / Thief of Hearts[146]

10. Bedtime Stories: 6/11: Don't Stop[220] / Survival[174] / I'd Rather Be Your Lover[163]/ Forbidden Love[136]/ Love Tried To Welcome Me[131]/Inside of Me[130]

13. Rebel Heart: 7/25: Autotune Baby[249] / Holy Water[203] / Body Shop[187] /

S.E.X.[188] / Illuminati[175] / Bitch I'm Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)[ 140]/ Veni Vidi Vici (feat. Nas)[ 138]

13. Hard Candy: 7/13: Incredible[246] / Spanish Lesson[265] / Ring My Bell[225] / Dance 2Night[202] / Candy Shop[185] / Heartbeat[179] / Beat Goes On (feat. Kanye West)[ 141]

15. I’m Breathless: 9/12: I'm Going Bananas[242] / Cry Baby[264]; He's a Man[195] / More[183] / What Can You Lose[173] / Now I'm Following You (Part II) [170] / Now I'm Following You (Part 1)[ 150]/ Something to Remember[139]/Back In Business[135]

16. MDNA: 10/18: Best Friend[247] / Superstar[259] / B-Day Song[267] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)[262] / Some Girls[221] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)[ 227] / I Fucked Up[181] / Turn Up the Radio[186] / I Don't Give A (feat. Nicki Minaj) [177] / I'm A Sinner[164]

And you @@groovyguy,

what do you think about the rating wich is coming out from this classification?

Any personal disappointment or regret?

Thanks for your usual puntctuality and let us know :cute:

The way I look at it is that polls and ratings such as this give an interesting insight on the music taste and music preference of the M-Infinity family members here. We all have different opinions and taste and it's all very subjective. But just because a song has low ratings does not make it a bad song. If a Madonna song I like is rated poorly, it just means I'm in the minority of members who like it. :) 

So I don't really feel disappointed if my favorite songs are eliminated early or upset if my least favorite Madonna songs are rated very highly.  

Next round!

We lose a fan-favorite non-album single! Find out below

Posted Image

#129 -- Broken

Average: 7.35

Highest: 10x4 (@@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@rol1974, and @GHouse)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

At least this one got it's own release. Although I'm not a fan of the extended mix, this "single edit" is quite good. Not groundbreaking or anything, but it's good. A lot of the Madonna-isms (woke up from a fuzzy dream, etc) are in this song, which made it lose a point or two for me, but I think this could have ended up on Celebration, yo.

Posted Image

#128 -- Unapologetic Bitch

Highest: 10x3 (@@NowRadiate and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@sidney78a)

Of the six early release songs, this one was the weakest, imo. But I still like it. What it lacks in production strength, it makes up for in charm. The lyrical delivery from Madonna just deliver what the production itself was lacking, and I can't help but smile when the chorus comes on.

Posted Image

#127 -- Words

Highest: 10x3 (@@groovyguy, @@unapologeticheart, and @@rol1974)

I don't have much to say about this track. I listen to this one the least of all the Erotica tracks, so I can't really remember much about it except for I think it's a tad too long, but I love the intro travelling synth sound.

Posted Image

#126 -- Physical Attraction

Highest: 10x2 (@@NowRadiate and @@musicinferno)

I honestly expected higher rankings, but most were middle ground. I like this song. It's fun and the perfect length, but age has been worse to this song than it has to others. I feel like if I listen to it too much I'll break it's hip.

Posted Image

#125 -- I Love New York

Average: 7.4

Highest: 10x1 (@@voguemadonna)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Alibaba)

I think it's safe to assume this is no one's favorite off of COADF. It's kinda average, but the electro-rock things is cool. The lyrics are pretty funny too. It found a nice spot in the album's tracklist too, which was especially impressive.

Posted Image

#124 -- Spotlight

Highest: 10x4 (@@NowRadiate, @@Re-InventionUK, @@musicinferno, and @)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@voguemadonna)

This is really 80's. Like, REALLY 80's. But it's somehow better than the other 80's stuff? I think this is Madonna's first explicit "accept and express yourself" song, and this just sent her rolling on a fantastic subject while staying dancefloor friendly.

Posted Image

#123 -- Where's The Party?

Highest: 11x1 (@@voguemadonna)

Lowest: 5x3 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@carlito76, and @@Alibaba)

This is her "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and it couldn't be any better. Workin Monday through Friday... What a coincidence! Same here! Dated lyrics aside, this doesn't make it any less fun, and it  just makes wanna flashdance in a tank top and short shorts in my living room.

Posted Image

#122 -- Angel

Highest: 10x4 (@GHouse, @@slave, @@rol1974, and @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 5x3 (@, @@InfinityWithin, and @@voguemadonna)

When I first listened to it, I didn't like it all that much. But it grew on me, and it would get stuck in my head when I didn't want it to, and before I knew it it was one of my favorite tracks. I blame the plucky guitar and Madonna's not-so-high vocals.

Posted Image

#121 -- Animal

Average: 7.45

Highest: 10x3 (@@groovyguy, @@rol1974, and @@voguemadonna)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@InfinityWithin)

WTF @@InfinityWithin

WTF

Anyway, this should have been on Hard Candy instead of Spanish Lesson tqfh. It's SOOOOO good along with Across The Sky. It's sexy, but like a raw sexy. The beats are great, and the lyrics are actually fairly clever for a song with this title.

O

Oh, this one makes me sad.

Posted Image

#120 -- Intervention

Average: 7.45

Highest: 10x4 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@Dazedmadonna, @@slave, and @@rol1974)

Everyone except for those who rated it a ten have been flagged and are to be banned immediately. I don't get why this isn't top 100? It's so beautiful and just super good? The guitar is so mellow and smooth, and the chorus is literally heaven on earth. I think what's best about this song is the sentimentality, really. And the interpolation in Mother & Father live? I nearly cried, it was so damn good.

There's that round. Thoughts?

Ehmm... it's not as it seems, I swear   :kiss2:

@@MeantToBeIconic, I respect your being an America Life pasionaria, but mine's got to be a rare kind of illness:

I don't know how but something horrible comes to possess me each time I relate to that extraordinary masterpiece and makes me think terrible things. I've been able to cure myself only about Love Profusion, Mother and Father and Die Another Day in these long 12 years. Still trying hard anyway  :bothered:

Oh noooo, not INTERVENTION! Being a teacher, I refer the lyrics to my job. They teach me something. And I like all the guitar-penned songs from American Life, so I'm in the group of the mourning fans... Requiem aeternam for Intervention!Where's the party... ehm... sorry but I would never compare it to Cyndi masterpiece, which is so political, an hymn to feminism, pity it wasn't Madonna who wrote it. Party is just an album filler and it is acceptable that it's going.ANIMAL: what a missed occasion. Fantastic, a lot better than other tracks in HC. She'd rather give us a Biology lesson than a Spanish lesson, indeed!Physical Attraction. I find it too long, sometimes, I personally prefer other tracks in the first album. Nevertheless, I always thought it would have found its perfect place in MDNA tour instead of Candy Shop or mixed with Erotica. Ok, I'm not going back on the Candy Shop controversy, I promise!Spotlight! I am a fan since the Eighties, I started listening to Madonna in 1985 but I didn't even know who she was, the big explision came in 1987, I cherish this period and its plastic tunes, sorry!Last one... Unapologetic Bitch. When I heard the demos (ok I admit it but I couldn't resist any longer) I thought it deserved to be a single, maybe the first single. I thought this reggae vibe was si different from any other Madonna song (yes, I know why's it so hard, but anyway). The lyrics so straightforward, so provocative, anyone can relate... there is revenge indeed! I still wonder which song could be the fourth single, especially if the video is just filmed from the tour...

Ehmm... it's not as it seems, I swear   :kiss2: @@MeantToBeIconic, I respect your being an America Life pasionaria, but mine's got to be a rare kind of illness:I don't know how but something horrible comes to possess me each time I relate to that extraordinary masterpiece and makes me think terrible things. I've been able to cure myself only about Love Profusion, Mother and Father and Die Another Day in these long 12 years. Still trying hard anyway  :bothered:

No, everyone's entitled to their opinion regardless of reason. I'm just being dramatic because why not?