MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

Here we go with the next round! I'm sure this one will upset a couple of people. I'm a little riled up with one song without a doubt...

Posted Image

#89 -- Messiah

Average: 7.85

Highest: 10x7 (@@rol1974, @GHouse, @@Re-InventionUK, @@groovyguy, @@slave, @@Dazedmadonna, and @@rebelheart93)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Second best ballad on Rebel Heart, without a doubt. The lyrics are so pretty, and her vocal delivery in the chorus delivers such a feeling of abandoned torture. It's a really sad song really, and the strings are absolutely beautiful. A really painfully well-executed number.

Posted Image

#88 -- Sanctuary

Highest: 10x4 (@@devilpray, @@groovyguy, @@slave, and @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@Alibaba)

Talk about smooooooooooooooooth. This is a quiet, understated, abstract number from Bedtime Stories, and it really deserved better. The instrumental was really forward-thinking and STILL sounds fresh. And her whispering is just so otherworldly.

Posted Image

#87 -- Everybody

Highest: 10x3 (@@NowRadiate, @musicinferno, and @@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest: 4x1 (@voguemadonna)

And our first ever single leaves!!! I'm actually pleasantly surprised it made it this far to be honest. It definitely sounds dated, but it's fun as hell, and that will never die! Plus, it gets a few extra points for being the track that got our Queen started!

Posted Image

#86 -- I Want You (Orchestral)

Average: 7.89

Highest: 10x4 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@slave, @@NowRadiate, and @@rol1974)
Lowest: 2x1 (@sidney78)

Did the artwork give you a scare @@Dazedmadonna? This definitely isn't the original, that's for sure. I understand and appreciate the offering of a stripped down version, but the original is just so good, that I can't even enjoy this one without the beat. Sorry not sorry.

Posted Image

#85 -- Iconic (feat. Chance the Rapper & Mike Tyson)

Average: 7.9

Highest: 10x5 really that's it? (@MeantToBeIconic, @@NowRadiate, @@devilpray, @@Dazedmadonna, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 5x2 (@sidney78 and @InfinityWithin)

I knew there was a reason @@devilpray and @@Dazedmadonna were my two favorites. Ok, so I was BEYOND excited when I saw this as the opening number for the tour. I was totally worried about Mike Tyson, but that intro is actually SO awesome! That drop is probably the best drop I've heard since Bitch I'm Madonna, and only Madonna could pull off a track called "Iconic" tbh.

Posted Image

#84 -- I'm Addicted

Highest: 10x4 (@MeantToBeIconic, @InfinityWithin, @@slave, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 4x1 (@sidney78a)

This was the best dance track to come from MDNA, tbqh. The instrumental, if you haven't heard it, is really flawless all on it's own. But the lyrics and the singing make it even better. I like how it's just non-stop energy from start to finish. I love the outro in particular. M-D-M-A...

Posted Image

#83 -- Cherish

Highest: 10x5 (@InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, @@rol1974, @@Re-InventionUK, and @@slave)

Lowest: 6x4 (@voguemadonna, @unapolgeticheart, @@rebelheart93, and @carlito76)

Not exactly Like a Prayer's most clever moment, but definitely it's cheeriest. It's got a fantastic video, but the song starts to grate with it's repetition toward the end. The verses are really good, though.

Posted Image

#82 -- Borderline

Highest: 10x3 (@@rol1974, @InfinityWithin, and @@devilpray)

Lowest: 6x4 (@@NowRadiate, @@rebelheart93, @carlito76, and @unapologeticheart)

And the second single from Madonna is out! This one is MILES ahead of Everybody, and manages to stay more enjoyable, even with it's age. Her first song to critique the music industry, it's message still rings true, which is more of a shame than a celebration, but still! Love this one.

Posted Image

#81 -- Beautiful Killer

Average: 7.95

Highest: 10x5 (@Ghouse, @@rol1974, @@groovyguy, @@slave, and @@devilpray)

Lowest: 5x1 (@voguemadonna)

This one. I've been waiting for this one. Die Another Day Part II. I love the guitar-led song, but it sounds a little unfinished, tbh. The lyrics and chorus are really impeccable, but the rough patch is the instrumental. I would've liked to see her do something with this, it still would've done fantastic if released as a single.

Posted Image

#80 -- Mother and Father

Average: 7.95

Highest: 10x3 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@slave, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 5x1 (@musicinferno)

Alright, I want to start with the production. More straight-up electronica than folk, I really love it actually. The beat pumps are just BAM! Now to Madonna. The lyrics are ok until the rap comes. Then they border on silly, but that's fine. It's just her voice in the verses. It's SO high, it grates on obnoxious, just a tad. I'm surprised it made it this far, especially over the other AL tracks, so bravo to it!

There's that round! I'm a little intrigued by the results. Not what I was expecting. Quite an interesting turn of events. Discuss below.

When I saw the "I Want You" cover, I was about to have an heart attack, I swear, omg.

But then I saw it was the "Orchestral" and I still want to kick people.

Posted Image

ANYWAY,

Messiah

Iconic

Should have been at least on top 20 (sorry Rebel Heart, my dream-top 11 is all American Life), tragic.

And

Mother And Father

Posted Image

SMH, I understand that the rap maybe is a bit silly but the song is GOLD, you guys broke my heart, sigh.

/endofthedramallamacry

I cant deal with the loss of cherish annnnnnnnd borderline :suffer:

I can't carry these sins on my back. Don't wanna carry any more. I'm gonna carry this train off the track. I'm gonna swim to the ocean floor

:Madonna021:

Gurl, you in danger for voting 2/10 to I SLAY YOU ORCHESTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

i thought i could trust you :cry:

Goodbye, oh so many gems!

Are you ready? This round is going to kick some of your asses, so brace yourselves.

Posted Image

#79 -- Another Suitcase in Another Hall

Average: 8.0

Highest: 10x5 (@@groovyguy, @@NowRadiate, @Re-InvnetionUK, @GHouse, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Dazedmadonna)

Oh, I don't remember if I said, but we're only doing the three Evita singles and Lament (since it got a performance). Right. So this one is a really nice "goodbye", and it's a fairly somber song done real sweet. Weakest single, but definitely miles ahead of a lot of her discog.

Posted Image

#78 -- Beautiful Stranger

Highest: 10x5 (@, @@rol1974, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, and @@devilpray)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

It took me a long time to like this, and I don't even know why. The whole song is such a fun dose of energy, perfect for Austin Powers, tbh. The guitars are pretty cool, but there is a bit of the nostalgic end of 90's/beginning of 00's nostalgia hanging on it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it also isn't a good thing, you know?

Posted Image 

#77 -- What it Feels Like for a Girl

Highest: 10x4 (@@devilpray, @GHouse, @@rol1974, and @)
Lowest: 0!!!!!!!!!x1 (@@Re-InventionUK)

I got distracted writing this by the video. I love trip-hop, one of my favorite genres. I also love the verses in this song. It has this feminine production, but real aggressive delivery, with the contradictions working really well. I sometimes forget about this song, but when I remember it, it gets looped for hours. It's really good, but it's placing also feels right.

Posted Image

#76 -- Who's That Girl

Highest: 10x4 (@@rol1974, @@NowRadiate, @@groovyguy, and @@Re-InventionUK)
Lowest: 4x1 (@@voguemadonna)

I'm going to be honest, I don't get why this song is so immensely popular. I don't think it's that fantastic. It's fine, and Top 100, sure. But the latin-infused thing is nothing new, the lyrics aren't groundbreaking. I think it's just the hype surrounding the movie role, but I don't think I'll ever get it. Maybe it's just because I was born in 97, idek.

Posted Image

#75 -- Celebration

Average: 8.05

Highest: 10x6 (@MeantToBeIconic, @InfinityWithin, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@devilpray, and @@voguemadonna)

Lowest: 4x1 (@stefo)

Holiday 2.0/3.0/whatever.0. I love me a good "just dance fucker" song, and this doesn't fail to deliver, and unlike most Madonna songs, the remixes are actually just as good! I love the prechoruses and the production, and the video is killa. Should have been the first single from Celebration instead of Revolver, tbh.

Posted Image

#74 -- Wash All Over Me

Highest: 10x4 (@InfinityWithin, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, and @@rol1974)

I know at least two of you wish the Avicii version had stayed, but I personally don't think the drop agreed with the lyrical subject as a whole. The album version supplies a much darker, sullen, and overall beautiful approach. The organ is just chilling, and the vocals of the chorus really stand out in the album version. The lyrics are just pure perfection, and this is a ballad I'd rather have stay a ballad.

Posted Image

#73 -- Love Spent

Highest: 10x5 (@musicinferno, @InfinityWithin, @@Re-InventionUK, @@groovyguy, and @@rol1974)

The most interesting cut from MDNA, given it's appearance on this list twice. The lyrics are pretty solid, I especially love the "Benjamin" one. The "Hung Up" sample, the banjo, and the fantastic beats and electronics made this easily one of the best MDNA tracks, and the tour performance helped to cement that.

Posted Image

#72 -- Lucky Star

Highest: 10x6 (@, @@devilpray, @musicinferno, @InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 6x2 (@@voguemadonna and carlito76)

Madonna now has only two songs left in the running. Will either make it to Top 50? I think my favorite part of this song is the bridge and the twinkle effect. I've always been consistently impressed with this song's flexibility. No matter what section of the tour it's on, it has been well remixed and fit in perfectly. The lyrics are cute, and this one sounds the least dated of all the singles from this era.

Posted Image

#71 -- Lament

Highest: 10x3 (@@NowRadiate, @slave, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 5x1 (@InfinityWithin)

What a sadly gorgeous song. I think this duet with Antonio (I think that's who it is) is just so painful, in a good way. Madonna's voice is at it's best, and the lyrics are some of the saddest I've heard. The performance on RIT did the song justice, and I'm glad to see it gets some consideration with the rest of Evita.

Posted Image

#70 -- Give It 2 Me

Average: 8.10

Highest: 10x5 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@rol1974, and @InfinityWithin)

Lowest: 1x1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? (@@NowRadiate)

The BEST song on Hard Candy, without a doubt. The synths in the chorus have been reused numerous times for a good reason. The "Get Stupid" bridge is my favorite part, but the whole song is just go-go-go, and I love it. Criminally underrated as a single, this song gets paid dust by everyone but Madonna, and you all just need to re-evaluate your life about that, mkay?  :Madonna003: 

I was fairly surprised this round. How about you? Comment below.  :kiss2: 

#75 -- Celebration

Should have been the first single from Celebration instead of Revolver, tbh.

Wasn'i it the first single? I remember it was, is that wrong?

#73 -- Love Spent

The lyrics are pretty solid, I especially love the "Benjamin" one. 

Oh great! Would you explain them to me please? I never understood them, sorry, not that clever   :kiss2:

Anyway, not that bad, I particularly love some of those songs (like Love Spent and What it feels for a girl), but I'm fine with these ratings much more than some that happened before.