Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I loved revolver.  Maybe it should've been swapped with beautiful killer with that choreography like at Olympia, but still, it was a highlight for me.

Beautiful Killer was an extra song, so it's kinda difficult that she performed that anyway.

I heard someone say, cant remember when, that it would have been interesting to play White Heat instead of Revolver, and putting Sorry on the place of Hung Up.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Killer was an extra song, so it's kinda difficult that she performed that anyway.

I heard someone say, cant remember when, that it would have been interesting to play White Heat instead of Revolver, and putting Sorry on the place of Hung Up.

this idea that bonus tracks are "extra songs" and don't get released as singles or performed on tours is silly.  artists release bonus tracks as singles these days.  Nicki Minaj is an example.  

Beautiful Killer is one of the strongest songs on MDNA, so it most certainly deserved a spot on the setlist.  Because Revolver was a single, it made the setlist. 

That segment had a proper narrative and those songs wouldn't have fit. It's the rest of the show that needed fixing. :tongue:

the other segments didnt have much specific narrative. But there was nothing wrong with them. The only odd thing was that fugly majorette outfit after the first section lol

Almost none of her tours have as strong a narrative as the first section of MDNA, doesn't mean they need fixing.

Beautiful Killer is one of the strongest songs on MDNA, so it most certainly deserved a spot on the setlist.  Because Revolver was a single, it made the setlist. 

which song should have been replaced by Beautiful Killer on the standard album? IMHO Superstar was the weakest one. when I heard the album, I took it off, and placed Best Friend between Love Spent and Masterpiece.

I like Beautiful Killer but it is melodically too similar to Die another day.

Best friend and I fucked up really deserved a place in the main album, the weakest track imo is Some girls.

But going back to the topic... No tour has a strong narrative, but some tours have sections that are more coherent than others:

- MDNA first part works really well, despite the Hung Up ridiculous lipsynch (definitely not the majorette/ethnic rock)

- the military in RIT (while the Marie Antoinette part doesn't make any sense apart from Vogue)

- the Roaring Twenties in RHT, and also the "Frida" one until that horrible karaoke arrangement of Take a bow took WTG out... The La isla bonita rendition was less interesting than the flamenco workshop, I would have dared something different, for instance a new gypsy rendition of Everybody (not in the Medley).

And I would have tried Gambler instead of Burning up, although the song was a strong moment in the messy first section (Medieval? Oriental? Religious?).

I don't know why people thought the DVD would be so rush-released. As tours have now been demonstrated, they are edited like a long form music video with edits, quick cuts to adjust with the times. It would be nice to get tours similar to GS, DWT released again without the added touched up vocals but the touring game has changed, Madonna must seem to like the overdone look of tours (i.e. MDNA Tour DVD)I would think towards the last few months of the year would be a more appropriate date for the tour release more than anything. It'll probably be in vein of MDNA/S&S again with dubbed vocals and probably nothing more than the workshops posted on YouTube as the only bonus feature. It's still a shame Who's That Girl was not properly filmed as live, it was one of the sweetest and touching moments of the whole show.

I hope this time that CD are not ripped directly from the DVD as the MDNA Tour.

That was bloody awful, even Rocco's noisy dialogue at the end can be heard   :oi:

I've really got this feeling that the RHT DVD was never filmed and people at the Sydney shows were making these faces (in vain) as if they were gonna appear on camera like mega stars or whatever came to their minds. Camera men realised the tapes were in blank and M is so embarrassed and that's why she hasn't hinted anything on Instagram :rip:

We'll eventually be able to download some sections of a SD camera b-roll from the Louisville show (couldn't be more random) at the Kentucky Yum! Center, ah and the infamous never-sung-before Spanish Lesson from Miami!  :kitty:

I've really got this feeling that the RHT DVD was never filmed and people at the Sydney shows were making these faces (in vain) as if they were gonna appear on camera like mega stars or whatever came to their minds. Camera men realised the tapes were in blank and M is so embarrassed and that's why she hasn't hinted anything on Instagram :rip:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The truth is that the waiting seems to go on forever.  :Madonna021:

It's high time to watch the trailer of Rebel Heart Tour DVD! :coffee: :coffee:

Posted Image

So excited to see some results! :pop:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic