Yung Rapunxel

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yung Rapunxel

Madonna will pay tribute to Prince with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month. Billboard and Dick Clark Productions told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Madonna will honor Prince at the May 22 show. Specific details about the performance weren’t revealed. The Billboard Awards will air live on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ludacris and Ciara will host the show, which will include performances by Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Pink, Demi Lovato and Justin

groovyguy

Excellent piece      Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song

Fighter

I don't care who Prince nor Madonna is. I don't care if they're legendary or sacred. Or part of the "trinity of pop"   The only thing I care about is that A HUMAN BEING put their heart and soul to tribute another human being, A FRIEND. So if we feel compelled to spew hateful opinions we need to re-evaluate our values because it is plain disrespectful.   It's not the decent thing to do.   This isn't the Superbowl, nor one of her shows. This is a tribute from a friend to a friend.   Grow t

My problem is people who complain that legends like Prince or Michael Jackson were not fully appreciated or revered when they were living are the same ones who slag off Madonna.I think people just like to comment and complain, but have not actually given any thought to what they are expessing.Brilliant article.

BET obviously made that TV spot before Madonna's performance. It's so obvious that it has nothing to do with the performance itself. They just don't like her. And since it's BET who is throwing shade, it makes it look racist. It looks like they don't like her just because she's white.

It's terrible how she's treated. I thought the performance was great and she sounded good. And when you look at the stars from Prince's era, Madonna is the ONLY one still with us. She was the right choice for that tribute, whether BET likes it or not.

Bless Chuck D. He nailed it.

As long as @bet continues to BE the blackTail to the corplantation dog of @viacom their credibiltiy on what they think about @Madonna = ZERO

Excellent piece  :kissy:  :worship:

Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba

When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song on her Like a Prayer Album) and let’s be honest, she is the only artist from the “Prince era†still managing to fill stadiums and make hit records (her latest Rebel Heart Tour grossed over US$170 million, making her the highest grossing solo tour artist and her latest album peaked at number one worldwide when released last year).

So what went wrong with Madonna’s tribute? Or should I say, why has the whole world become so anti-Madonna?

My honest answer- the world simply cannot accept the fact that Madonna, a music icon and legend, is still alive. But not just that! She is 57 and looks better than girls half her age. Hell, she even sings better than the latest parade of manufactured Barbie pop stars. Yes, she might not be scoring Top 10 hits like in her prime but people still pay big bucks to see her and the fact that her latest album which was leaked 3 months before its release still managed to become number one album worldwide, says a lot about a woman that many claim is “irrelevantâ€.

If Madonna (god forbid) died tomorrow, all of the haters would post her music videos on Facebook, buy her albums and praise her as a genius and a true revolutionary. Her name would be trending on Twitter (not because of hate but praise) and I am confident that radios will play her music nonstop(unlike now). They would say that she changed the world, paved the way for women around the world, fought for sexual revolution and stood for her beliefs.

The “problem†is, Madonna is still alive. Unlike Michael Jackson, Elvis and even Prince (sorry, do not want to offend any fans), she is not using drugs, is not addicted to any substances, is healthier than probably 90% of the world population and most importantly, she doesn’t seem to want to retire. I mean why should she? She is Madonna!

So why don’t we all just give Madonna a break and admit that without her, the world of music would be a very boring place. Let’s not wait until she is gone to say that we have a true revolutionary and icon living among us. Let’s not make the same mistake that we did with many long forgotten artists who were praised only after they died. Let’s celebrate our icons while they are still among us.

Madonna once said:  “I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon but I want to STAY ALIVE.† For the world media, the fact that she wants to stay alive seems to be a problem.  Sadly, we have been taught to praise only dead Icons. Maybe Madonna is about to change that.

Spot on!!

Seriously The Best article so far!

:thumbsup:

All these magazines, and online news sites who always attack Madonna for anything and everything are going to praise her when she's gone, believe me. Then it's going to be all nice talk..... 

Btw, she should definitely wear more colours, like the purple outfit, it suits her much better than black. :)

YES and YES and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS to this!

That's What I'm talking about it!

I mean she is good at black too But these rich and fabulous colour makes her much much younger and beautiful!!!

Seriously!

Must See Audience Cam video!!!

Full Madonna performance!!!!

Wow I just wow!!! Way much much MUCH better than TV version!

Her voice is perfection and so beautiful! And Audience went crazy and wild!!!

I especially love 5:03~  She was just standing there but her charisma is so huge and overwhelming!
I can feel her sadness, her loneliness, her emotions...
without heavy dance with bunch of back up dancers.. just The Queen of pop Madonna herself! 
She was just simply standing there in silence!
But you can clearly feel her sadness and emotions! That moment is so powerful and beautiful!
I just wow!! I love this performance so much! And I love her so much!

This is The one and only Queen of POP Madonna! :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:

The Best performance of 2016! Period!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8V-KGb0L7A

Excellent piece  :kissy:  :worship:

Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba

When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song on her Like a Prayer Album) and let’s be honest, she is the only artist from the “Prince era†still managing to fill stadiums and make hit records (her latest Rebel Heart Tour grossed over US$170 million, making her the highest grossing solo tour artist and her latest album peaked at number one worldwide when released last year).

So what went wrong with Madonna’s tribute? Or should I say, why has the whole world become so anti-Madonna?

My honest answer- the world simply cannot accept the fact that Madonna, a music icon and legend, is still alive. But not just that! She is 57 and looks better than girls half her age. Hell, she even sings better than the latest parade of manufactured Barbie pop stars. Yes, she might not be scoring Top 10 hits like in her prime but people still pay big bucks to see her and the fact that her latest album which was leaked 3 months before its release still managed to become number one album worldwide, says a lot about a woman that many claim is “irrelevantâ€.

If Madonna (god forbid) died tomorrow, all of the haters would post her music videos on Facebook, buy her albums and praise her as a genius and a true revolutionary. Her name would be trending on Twitter (not because of hate but praise) and I am confident that radios will play her music nonstop(unlike now). They would say that she changed the world, paved the way for women around the world, fought for sexual revolution and stood for her beliefs.

The “problem†is, Madonna is still alive. Unlike Michael Jackson, Elvis and even Prince (sorry, do not want to offend any fans), she is not using drugs, is not addicted to any substances, is healthier than probably 90% of the world population and most importantly, she doesn’t seem to want to retire. I mean why should she? She is Madonna!

So why don’t we all just give Madonna a break and admit that without her, the world of music would be a very boring place. Let’s not wait until she is gone to say that we have a true revolutionary and icon living among us. Let’s not make the same mistake that we did with many long forgotten artists who were praised only after they died. Let’s celebrate our icons while they are still among us.

Madonna once said:  “I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon but I want to STAY ALIVE.† For the world media, the fact that she wants to stay alive seems to be a problem.  Sadly, we have been taught to praise only dead Icons. Maybe Madonna is about to change that.

I break down in tears  :cry:

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2016/05/24/did-madonna-really-get-slammed-for-her-prince-tribute-at-the-billboard-music-awards/

Madonna’s mission wasn’t an easy one. She had to pay proper homage in less than 10 minutes to an incredible artist who had a unique style all of his own, who released music for almost 40 years and had an incredible onstage presence.

Twitter was full of negative comments surrounding Madonna’s Billboard Music Awards performance and it seems a large part of the media decided to give a voice to the haters, but don’t let this fool you!

Madonna took the number one spot on Billboard’s “Top 10 Best Performances of the Night†and a lot of others agreed!

Posted Image

Here are some of the positive reviews by established websites and magazines…

US magazine: “Madonna’s heartfelt tribute to Princeâ€

Rolling Stone: “A moving rendition of Purple Rainâ€

E Online: “Madonna’s performance was must-seeâ€

Vanity Fair: “A moving tribute to Princeâ€

Telegraph: “A touching performanceâ€

Yahoo!: “Madonna pulls off stunning Prince tributeâ€

The Guardian: “Madonna deliveredâ€

ET Online: “Madonna brought the BBMA audience to its feet with an epic tribute to Princeâ€

Cosmopolitan: “A moving rendition of “Nothing Compares 2 U,†followed by a “Purple Rain†duet with Stevie Wonder.â€

Harpers Bazaar: “The Queen of Pop was joined by Stevie Wonder to remember the Purple One with an incredible performance.â€

Reuters: “The audience rose to its feet, arms gently swaying above their heads and singing along with Madonnaâ€

The Daily Beast: “As an entertainer, and one skilled at capturing the gravity of a moment and grounding an audience in the immediacy of that moment, Madonna excelledâ€

Variety: “Madonna paid tribute to Prince in only a way Madonna could — with big flare and even bigger emotion.â€

Celebrities also joined in…

So respectful! @Madonna making this tribute truly about#Prince. And giving us that old school pop voice of hers I LOVE!!! #BBMAs

I thought it was from the heart. And there aren't that many icons left so Madonna & Stevie were good candidates https://twitter.com/charliel_/status/734764652815634432 â€¦

Celine Dion: Madonna did an incredible job

Questlove, who introduced Madonna, took to Twitter to defend her…

Because of [Prince’s] well known love for the *poof* vanishing act. A lot of us are left feeling incomplete in the act of saying goodbye. For starters it’s hard to accept him no longer being here. [And] in the upcoming award season for ‘17 there will be a gang of tributes. Naturally there will be folded arms & shade thrown because the Purple Standard is hard boots to fill & a lot of us don’t wanna come [to] grips [with] the fact that Prince – (an on the surface) face of health & invincible agelessness – [succumbed] to something so… friggin basic.

So I know there is gonna be A LOT of ‘feel a certain ways’ about who you want to see do his music justice – but you gotta put that aside y’all.
Every Prince rendition will not be a life changing orgasmic [experience]. Just to SING his work is brave enough. Again feeling are on high, and EVERYBODY wants and deserves a chance to say goodbye in their own way. But remember: there will be AMAs, SoulTrain, NAACP, mtv, GRAMMYS, and a gazillion other tributes. But the point is let’s not get ugly with playing the ‘Prince would and wouldn’t approve’ game.

More red carpet moments…

It didn’t take long for haters to slam her performance. She and Stevie Wonder, 66, were barely off the stage before BET released a promo dissing the tribute as lame. “Yeah, we saw that,†the network’s promo for their BET Awards, airing June 26, said. “Don’t worry. We got you.†It seems that BET thinks they can honor the Purple One better than Madonna ever could.

By the way about Nothing compares to U.

Prince not just wrote that song. Prince record that song with his own voice!!!

What a perfect choice for Prince tribute. 

This song is Perfect Love Letter for Prince!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkVlZ1kVPCQ

It's been seven hours and fifteen days Since u took your love away

I go out every night and sleep all day Since u took your love away

Since u been gone I can do whatever I want

I can see whomever I choose I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant

But nothing I said nothing can take away these blues

`Cause nothing compares Nothing compares 2 u

It's been so lonely without u here

Like a bird without a song

Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling

Tell me baby where did I go wrong

I could put my arms around every boy I see But they'd only remind me of you