Yung Rapunxel

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yung Rapunxel

Madonna will pay tribute to Prince with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month. Billboard and Dick Clark Productions told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Madonna will honor Prince at the May 22 show. Specific details about the performance weren’t revealed. The Billboard Awards will air live on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ludacris and Ciara will host the show, which will include performances by Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Pink, Demi Lovato and Justin

groovyguy

Excellent piece      Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song

Fighter

I don't care who Prince nor Madonna is. I don't care if they're legendary or sacred. Or part of the "trinity of pop"   The only thing I care about is that A HUMAN BEING put their heart and soul to tribute another human being, A FRIEND. So if we feel compelled to spew hateful opinions we need to re-evaluate our values because it is plain disrespectful.   It's not the decent thing to do.   This isn't the Superbowl, nor one of her shows. This is a tribute from a friend to a friend.   Grow t

Luv Billy Eichner

https://twitter.com/...796152219049988

@billyeichner: I'm sure your Madonna shade will have as much influence and longevity as her career.

https://twitter.com/billyeichner/status/734807628505862144
@billyeichner I'm very offended that Stevie Wonder did the Prince tribute last night - Prince wasn't blind!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Luv Billy Eichner

@billyeichner: I'm sure your Madonna shade will have as much influence and longevity as her career.

@billyeichner I'm very offended that Stevie Wonder did the Prince tribute last night - Prince wasn't blind!

I really love second one! Just Spot on!

I hope that There's no stupid people in this forum which Don't understand that humorous sarcasm for mocking trolls.

Luv Billy Eichner

Billy is the best!!  :laughing:

Although I'm a big Prince fan, I've never been that keen on Nothing Compares 2 U. However, I've watched M's performance four or five times now and she absolutely nails it, it's beautiful. It really makes me appreciate the tune, I honestly think she should record it and put it out as a charity single.Screw all the naysayers giving her heat, they must be tone deaf.

Madonna's TRIBUTE to Prince was just that....A TRIBUTE!! Whether you enjoyed it or not is a matter of personal opinion or taste. I personally LOVE hearing Prince sing his own songs but he's gone which means there will be plenty other PRINCE tributes planned in the future so stay tuned...I happen to think it took guts to perform "Nothing Compares To You" and "Purple Rain."

In the meantime spewing HATE is a true reflection of ones inner character. It's disgusting that people are soooo MEAN, JUDGMENTAL, & INSENSITIVE to another living human being. Oh let me remind you.. Don't forget Madonna, at the end of the day had a private and personal relationship and friendship with the person she PAID TRIBUTE to...which was PRINCE...how can that be anything but BEAUTIFUL?? I found this article and felt this about sums it up!! Keep On Keeping On Madonna!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harry-lewis/leave-madonna-alone_b_10101490.html

from someone who knows that worked with the trinity at their creative peaks (MJ, Prince, Madonna):

the fault here lies with some foolish TV makers thinking there would be such a thing as a tribute to Prince on their awful music-hating platform. 
Ridiculous idea. 
Just picture 'em in their meeting. jeez.
Bonfire of the Vanities stuff. 

Madonna had no business being there either. 
But she knows more about art history than any of you mf's. smiley face. 
Always had a pitch problem unless you remove the bullshit, then she sings. 

Please call bad media on the makers. 

I don't like Amy but this is actually damn funny:

"As Amy Schumer so brilliantly pointed out in her sketch of the same name, Madonna has long outlived her “Last F**kable Dayâ€, and the public is ready for her to spend the rest of her life in ankle length skirts knitting sweaters and watching 60 Minutes."

There are racial issues at play here, yes, but to reduce it to "black people are being racist towards Madonna" is just a bit of an exaggeration. It's more complicated than that, and I think Madonna knows it. Love sees no colour, that is the truth. If only the world was that easy! 

There are racial issues at play here, yes, but to reduce it to "black people are being racist towards Madonna" is just a bit of an exaggeration. It's more complicated than that, and I think Madonna knows it. Love sees no colour, that is the truth. If only the world was that easy! 

I really like you but i have to disagree with this topic.

American black people has serious racist issue. This is the post I wrote after Academy awards.

I'm the only one?

He mocked about Oscar's lack of diversity.. But what actually he said about is all about Black actors.

I'm not sure how many time he said about Black actors that. black actors this while his monologue.

I get that Chris rock, you're a black but Where is Latino, Asian, middle Eastern, Indian and etc?

And he even did disgusting Asian joke in front of innocent Asian Children. Jesus fucking christ!

You know what Chris rock?

Now I know that why white people don't fucking care about diversity.

I mean even one of minor group which mean you black. Chris rock. don't fucking care about the other minor group so why white people should care about them?

I just sick of his monologue. diversity mean is not white and black.

And this BBMA Balck Male host did it again. He said something like "unlike Oscar We actually have Black artist here."

Are you kidding with me? Where is Latinos? Where is Asians? Where is other races? 

It looks like there's only two races exist in America at Black people's eyes!

OK i get that they have slave history at past but my problem is sometimes it feels like they use it  as their free pass weapon in nowadays.

This Disgusting BET ads...I just wow.. seriously?

For me American Black people is Very Good example for "Racist is not only for white people. Black people can be the worst kind of Racist too."

English is not my mother tongue so I'm not sure you can understand what I really trying to talking about..

The racial tension in the US (and elsewhere) comes from a very long cultural history of opression and inequality. The world is not equal to this day. That true equality may never come, and it will definitely not come if we don't start having more empathy towards one another and seeing how differently we all experience the world.

Growing up with that kind of baggage is extremely difficult, especially in a world that is still very much racist (and homophobic and mysoginistic etc) even if laws say otherwise. When you consider all the factors at play you can understand why sometimes there are overreactions from minorities or misunderstandings (as well as legitimate complaints), and we need to at least discuss things without reducing them to buzz words.

When Madonna used the disnigga hashtag, we knew she wasn't being racist, but I can understand why her using it would be genuinely offensive (hurtful) to others and she understood that too. I also understand why some people would not be able to see past context. This is emotionally charged to a degree that people from the outside may not understand, but we have to try. Dismissing the bigger picture is hostile.

It seems to me that people from both sides arent too willing to discuss these issues without that hostility. Its sad.

I'd like to add that I saw black people bashing her, white people bashing her, black people who thought the tribute was nice and black people who thought Stevie Wonder sounded bad. So generalizations are never a good idea.

If she had included his musicians people wouldnt have been as harsh imho. I saw a lot of skeptical people on Twitter who were saying "maybe she'll include The Revolution, etc", it would've appeased things. I 100% understand if people didn't like it, I also ovbiously think hating on a tribute from a friend to a friend is extremely disrespectful.

This has nothing to do with skin colour.

Her big ego always needs to bring it back to something external - age, gender, race.

Bollocks. Sometimes the hatred is because the quality isn't there or on the principle of the matter.

Madonna's musicality and artistry DOES pale in comparison to Prince.

She would have been more effective to write a eulogy, as she is a fabulous and effective speech writer and public speaker.

Her voice was so strained during this performance.

The only problem I have with her age is what it's done to her singing voice. EW.

I'm still trying to unhear her singing the sacred Purple Rain.