In Bed With Madonna Re-release

OceanBlue

I don't think they'll add any unseen footage. M herself has said those tapes are currently lost. also, I think, if they add new footage, they would be promoting the hell out of this with a worldwide release.

I LOVE how they say lost. I have a feeling they keep close tabs on everything she's done. As an artist, I feel like she would. If they keep old tapes of the roast of Lucille Ball, then the blond ambition tapes are quite secure and kept in a vault somewhere in my eyes. I smell bull shit

There were rumors it was archived in some of their offices in the World trade center...

I thought that those rumors were false. And that she just had a accountant or something at the WTC. I believe she talked about it in a BBC Radio 1 interview a long time ago, might have been the GHV2 interview.

It would be unfair for them to include deleted footage on an international re-release when they re-released it in the US recently without any bonus footage. Either they don't have access to the footage anymore for whatever reason, or Madonna doesn't want to look through extra footage and include it on the DVD. I think we should just accept what is. If they wanted to (or were able to) include unseen footage, I feel like they would've done it already. After all, how many more times can you re-release the same film?

Let's just enjoy the stuff that's on YouTube:

I REALLY don't understand why Hanky Panky and Like a Prayer were left off the recent DVD/Blu-Ray release:

What I heard about unseen footage is that even the company that had the rights doesn't know that they have it. I mean... The company that had the rights for the first time was bought by a bigger one and this was bought years after by another... that happened two or three times, I can't remember the names. So the one that has the unseen footage probably don't know where it is or maybe they don't feel the need of look for it.

We have to remember that "Truth or dare" was made 25 years ago, and things were not like today. Now they have all  those things in computers, hard discs, and things like that, and I guess is easier to find them. But the "Truth or dare" footage is stored with lots of footage of other films covered with dust nobody knows where. Same with her first videos and things like that. Madonna was on Sire and Warner but they had lots of artista with their concerts, their videos... to find them they need to go there and look for them and it takes time... so, I guess they won't feel the need of wasting time on it till she's death and they want to win money.

I've always Heard that there was no recording of the "Bad tour" of Michael Jackso, just a Japan show and look... when he died the London one was found... It's sad but I think will happen the same with Madonna.

It would be unfair for them to include deleted footage on an international re-release when they re-released it in the US recently without any bonus footage. Either they don't have access to the footage anymore for whatever reason, or Madonna doesn't want to look through extra footage and include it on the DVD. I think we should just accept what is. If they wanted to (or were able to) include unseen footage, I feel like they would've done it already. After all, how many more times can you re-release the same film?

Let's just enjoy the stuff that's on YouTube:

I REALLY don't understand why Hanky Panky and Like a Prayer were left off the recent DVD/Blu-Ray release:

first time i have seen this footage. thanks.

and again, it's such a shame...i wish we had the whole thing; it was so beautifully filmed.

What I heard about unseen footage is that even the company that had the rights doesn't know that they have it. I mean... The company that had the rights for the first time was bought by a bigger one and this was bought years after by another... that happened two or three times, I can't remember the names. So the one that has the unseen footage probably don't know where it is or maybe they don't feel the need of look for it. We have to remember that "Truth or dare" was made 25 years ago, and things were not like today. Now they have all  those things in computers, hard discs, and things like that, and I guess is easier to find them. But the "Truth or dare" footage is stored with lots of footage of other films covered with dust nobody knows where. Same with her first videos and things like that. Madonna was on Sire and Warner but they had lots of artista with their concerts, their videos... to find them they need to go there and look for them and it takes time... so, I guess they won't feel the need of wasting time on it till she's death and they want to win money.

Alek said in a recent interview, basically what you explained. He said he'd love to know where it all is, but the amount of time and resources it would take, some feel is not worth the effort. Anyone want to start a crowdsourced crusade to find the lost footage? I've had this idea run through my head, but it really would be a ton of work. 

I've always Heard that there was no recording of the "Bad tour" of Michael Jackson, just a Japan show and look... when he died the London one was found... It's sad but I think will happen the same with Madonna.

If that is the case, let's hope that the footage is never found. Long Live the Queen  :worship:

first time i have seen this footage. thanks.

and again, it's such a shame...i wish we had the whole thing; it was so beautifully filmed.

You're quite welcome!  :hug:

The Hanky Panky and LAP performances were released on a special edition VHS release back in the day. However, when the first DVD came around in the late 90s/early 00s, they were nowhere to be found. They seemed like obvious choices for DVD bonus material. Still scratching my head over that one.  :confused:

• 3 weeks later...