Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Australia's Sanity website has the album on preorder : http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2292254/Rebel_Heart

What's interesting here is what happens if you share that link on Facebook :

Posted Image

Another unseen photo ?

when i share the link the image doesnt appear for me ?? maybe it was switched by the admins of madonna australia, you can do that when you post a link,.

i only listen to the offical 6 too and sometimes their demo's forms of the offical 6 songs .

i want those living for love remixes in februari because i wanne wait thill the album is out before i wanne hear more officials ( those who will be availible in februari !). 

but i do hope all the new news taround will keep me bussy :-)

Madonna's Rebel Heart iTunes artwork analyzed
As you probably already know, Friday 12/19 at midnight, Madonna released 6 tracks with the pre-order of her upcoming album via iTunes. I'm not going to discuss the music here, but rather the artwork that accompanies the tracks. It might not be the final album cover but is still an interesting first glance at what we can expect to see on the official cover.

The most exciting thing about a new album, to me, is its artistic direction. I must admit I was pretty surprised by the photo used on iTunes. My idea of the "rebel" is someone that goes against an established order, yet the photo is perfectly clean, in a classic grayscale with an even more, already-seen classic look for Madonna (short, curly platinum blond hair, bright red lipstick) that reminds of the Erotica era.

I was stunned and tried to make sense of this visual. I was expecting something completely different. The best explanation I can come up with at this time, is that her face is supposed to look like a human heart wrapped with veins, with veins flowing in from everywhere around.

It also hit me that the shape of her lips was pretty unusual and very Lempicka-like. Tamara de Lempicka's paintings have been a source of inspiration for Madonna for a very long time (see the "Open Your Heart" and "Vogue" music videos, and the art direction for the Blond Ambition Tour for instance.) It seems that this time again, Madonna was inspired by Lempicka's art. 

I'm not sure what to do with the un-rebellious tone of the photo. Madonna appears as a glamourous, Hollywood-like movie star. Maybe the objectified woman hides a rebel heart. She displays a woman who fits in perfectly with was Western society wants her to look like. The Lempicka touch might be the sign of the rebel heart. Indeed, the Art Deco Polish painter depicted glamourous women, and is known for her nude portraits. Her works were considered scandalous at the time (in the 20's). Although Lempicka had a rebellious spirit, she insisted on using a clean, precise, and elegant technique. That might be what Madonna decided to do with this photoshot. I might be overthinking this but that's the best explanation I can come up with.

Here's an image I put together to better illustrate my hypothesis. Feel free to leave comments to share your thoughts.
Posted Image
Inspiration for Madonna's Rebel Heart artwork.

Madonna to appear on Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Show� The #RebelHeart promotion coming soon...

http://guardianlv.com/2015/01/jimmy-fallon-plays-air-guitar-with-bradley-cooper-on-tonight-show/

According to the Guardian Liberty Voice, Jimmy Fallon announced some of the guests who will be on his Tonight Show later in the week and he mentioned Madonna!

After his monologue, Jimmy Fallon announced some of the guests who will be on the show later in the week, like Liam Neeson, Nicole Kidman, and Madonna. He mentioned who tonight’s guests would be, and then joked about real books that he said are on his “Do Not Read List.†Fallon did a cool impersonation of Marlon Brando as The Godfather. One of the books was called Blowing Your Own Trumpet, and another was a “How-To,†book called How To Read Slowly.

Madonna to appear on Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Show� The #RebelHeart promotion coming soon...

http://guardianlv.com/2015/01/jimmy-fallon-plays-air-guitar-with-bradley-cooper-on-tonight-show/

According to the Guardian Liberty Voice, Jimmy Fallon announced some of the guests who will be on his Tonight Show later in the week and he mentioned Madonna!

After his monologue, Jimmy Fallon announced some of the guests who will be on the show later in the week, like Liam Neeson, Nicole Kidman, and Madonna. He mentioned who tonight’s guests would be, and then joked about real books that he said are on his “Do Not Read List.†Fallon did a cool impersonation of Marlon Brando as The Godfather. One of the books was called Blowing Your Own Trumpet, and another was a “How-To,†book called How To Read Slowly.

I guess that will be fun to watch! Let that promo begin baby!! :tongue:

Liz Smith: Madonna -- a 'rebel' constrained?
...Madonna is defending herself against criticism after she posted Instagram photos of Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela that were altered to look like her own image on her new album.

"AS A matter of fact, the public, the public hates to 'recognize' what is familiar. It hates to be disturbed. It is shocked by surprises. The worst that can happen to a work of art is to have no fault found in it, so that its author is not obliged to take up an attitude of opposition."

That was playwright, designer, artist, filmmaker Jean Cocteau, in 1923. I found this remark, and dozens of others, in the fabulous new book "Bohemians, Bootleggers, Flappers and Swells: The Best of Early Vanity Fair." I'll tell more about this collection of essays later in the week.

BUT as to Cocteau's assertion, I was reminded of it over the weekend when our consistently "artistic" friend, Madonna found herself embroiled in yet another controversy.

The cover of her upcoming album, "Rebel Heart," which was hacked and released in demo form -- forcing Madonna to put out six of the completed songs months in advance -- shows The Big M with twine binding her face, emphasizing her view of herself as a "rebel" who has been constricted and disparaged. (She achieved this point more compellingly in her famous "Human Nature" video, some years ago.)

FANS of the lady then made up their own "rebel art" sending her photos of Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela with ropes across their faces. Madonna put these efforts online and immediately found herself accused of being "racist" and, of course, an egomaniac, daring to compare herself to King and Mandela.

Madonna is many things, but a racist she is most assuredly not. She has had African American and Latino lovers and has adopted two Malawian children, David and Mercy. Children, by the way, whom she does not parade like "accessories," as her critics insisted she would do at the time of these adoptions.

Egomaniac? Let's say she has a healthy dose of ego, mixed with a sense of victimization. This makes her exactly like all big stars. (She is also surprisingly vulnerable -- but you would have to know her, to know that.) And in this world of not thinking before one goes to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, Madonna is no more cautious than hundreds of other public persons and millions of just plain folks. Madonna has now had to address the fake outrage of critics, apologize for any offense, refute charges of being a racist and deny she compares herself in any way to King or Mandela.

Others whom Madonna has wrapped in twine include Princess Diana, Marilyn Monroe, Bob Marley and Jesus, all of whom, in Madonna's view, fought the good fight, against the odds.

SOME Madonna fans wish she would confine her artistic expressions to the recording studio. Silly! Why should she "confine" herself to anything? The six songs she felt forced to release, in the wake of the hack on her material, went straight to number one on iTunes in 40 countries. She managed to make lemonade out of lemons. As to the songs themselves, three of them are truly beautiful and much reminiscent of the romantic Madonna of the '80s and '90s. ("Ghosttown" is particularly affecting.) The other three are dancy and techo-infused. Not my taste. There are six more tracks to come in March.

I do wish Madonna would get over this business of self-reverential, self-referencing songs. One of the new ones is titled, "B---h, I'm Madonna!" Honey, we know you're Madonna. Nobody is likely to forget, ever. Relax.

The albums we’re looking forward to in 2015

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2015/01/05/the-albums-looking-forward-arrives/I9Smg4aoLslPAeAohdioKI/story.html

Boston Globe MADONNA“Rebel Heartâ€The bad news is that an online leak of unfinished demos forced Madonna to suddenly release six new songs last month. The pop icon was, understandably, not happy about that. The good news? Those six songs are among the freshest work she has done in recent memory, a promising glimmer of what will be Madonna’s 13th studio album. Madge recently told Billboard that “Rebel Heart†is “the old me and the new me all mixed in together.†Produced by Diplo, “Living for Love†certainly gives that impression with its mashup of house music and gospel overtones. “Ghosttown†is exceptional, a big-hearted ballad you could easily hear nonstop on the radio. Nicki Minaj turns up for a cameo on “Bitch, I’m Madonna†(just in case you forgot). Give us more, please. (March 10) JAMES REED

SOME Madonna fans wish she would confine her artistic expressions to the recording studio. Silly! Why should she "confine" herself to anything? 

I think she should confine her expression to being an artist. You can be artistic on Instagram too. Unfortunately imho she doesn't use her instagram for artistic purposes but as public relations with her fans, and the public. And that's dangerous when you aren't careful.